Need mini for character

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a player that has created a female goliath in the character builder.  I'd like to find an appropriate mini that would fit this 7 foot tall character.  I love to paint so it wouldn't matter if it were a D&D mini that would need to be repainted or a Reaper mini or some other brand.

I am having trouble finding anything proportioned right.  She is also carrying a maul, but, I can overlook the accessories if the size is right.

Thanks for any help!    

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'd probably start with a She-Hulk HeroClix, if there is one... Are you willing to do conversions?

Alternately, look into the 32mm miniatures lines, which should be just large enough compared to the 28mm minis that it should fit a goliath.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

If she wears heavy armour there is another hero clix you could look for Steel II the neice of the original. The mini is a tall power suit with a hammer.

Most of the classic lead minis I can think of from the old days for a big woman were all topless barbarians. 
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
As mentioned: Heroclix has some excellent options.

However, World of Warcraft miniatures are oversized compared to D&D miniatures, so most of those would be suitable (like this one)

Or you could obtain (and modifiy) the female goliath figure from WotC (i.e. Eltahale from Heroscape)
Try this one:
www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/female%20...

This is a dwarf female giant... so in heavy armour... the miniature is about 2 inches tall, so bigger than most miniatures... but it might work.
Thanks for the great suggestions. I figured that I could count on some solid ideas. Yes Agatheron... I looked at the giant female dwarf at Reaper... Might work... I am also looking at some 32mm figs like MadJack suggested... I'd like to keep her on a 1" base too...
This is a dwarf female giant

Dwarf Giant?

Yeah... She is smaller than a regular giant but at about 2" tall ... She stands a little above regular-sized characters. I talked to someone at Reaper... Sounds like she will still be too tall in comparison. I just wanted to find a female warrior that stood a little above the others...

Yeah, the dwarf giant is too big...  The triangles (Reaper calls them "Bryangles", it's a long story) are at 1/2 inch and 1 inch height. Most 28mm minis end up being just over 1 inch tall, which is why I suggested the 32mm figures. They're pretty much the "next-largest-size" of commonly available minis.
(6mm, 15mm, "true" 25mm, the "heroic 25mm" which is actually 28mm, 32mm, 54mm and 72mm are the most common mini scales)

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...