DC: Triskelavus

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays random card is...

Triskelavus

This card is pretty cool.  It's to bad it costs 7 freaking mana!  I mean 7 mana for a 3/3 is just way to much in my opinion.  Sure it has cool abilities and all but I wish it cost 5 or so or was a 4/4 or something instead.

Sideways thumb.  It's got really cool abilities but just to expensive for me.

Discuss! 
I like this guy! I remember people used him in standard with Academy Ruins in control decks.
It is a 4/4! don't forget that it has a base 1/1 unlike alot of other +1/+1 counter artifact creatures.

Level 1 Judge

It's Triskelion + Pentavus which alone makes it super cool. Although I think both of those creatures are cooler than Triskelavus. Its artwork is a bit meh. Reminds me of the Coalition symbol - coincidence?

Too bad you can't sac the tokens to give it back its +1/+1 counters like Pentavus can, but it still can use the tokens to chump-block and sac them for 1 damage to the face. And it's cool that they fly. Basically you get four 1/1 fliers and can sac (most of) them for damage. It requires a lot of mana though. Maybe in a Urzatron/Cloudpost deck? But there you have better options. Mostly this is good when comboed with something. Your basic Doubling Season material.
Nostalgia card is nostalgic. Its best use, though, might well be with Cathars' Crusade.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Oh yeah I did forget it was a 1/1 to start off with.
Nostalgia card is nostalgic. Its best use, though, might well be with Cathars' Crusade.

Interesting ... Triskelavus would never get smaller (except while the stack is doing its thing).
Its a colorless 4/4 flyer for 7 that does stuff. Its costed pretty well.

Interesting ... Triskelavus would never get smaller (except while the stack is doing its thing).

It Got Worse: Throw on Doubling Season, Parallel Lives, or Corpsejack Menace, and it actually gets bigger. Throw on Disciple of the Vault, Falkenrath Noble, or Blood Artist to ping away at your opponent.

(For the record, a lot of Ghave, Guru of Spores EDH builds work on the concept of breaking the various things Ghave does as an engine, so these things and more are common.)
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments