Spirit of the deck or the warm feeling of victory

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Did you ever imagine your feelings about your decks play style as some symbol or image? Many threads here are dedicated to matters of tactics and strategy, but what about more personal stuff? After all - it isn't chess with facless figures. It's a game with complex setting, heroes, storyline and all.

Thought about this topic, because my favourite decks certainly have some distinctive flavour for me.

1. Dream puppets (build based on cheap cards and centered around fantoms and their support, not mill or heavy control). It's a perfection of abstract play - literally like a drop of water, that can deal with anything, however allmighty - by reflecting it (bouncing or mimicimg alike).

2. Exalted darkness (also mainly based on cheap creatures). It's like a glass dagger - fragile alright, but transparent, alomost invisible and very hard to stop because of it.

3. Sky and scale (synergy of creatures with some support). It's like a fairy tail) All this quests, fables, myths are creating the unique atmosphere of something almost childish (unlike most of other decks, mostly of which are dark fantasy, religious fanaticism, tough military brotherhood or outright tribal madness)).

I don't quite look at them in that kind of abstract way to be honest. Now you got me thinking. Lol
Re: Dream Puppets

Duels of the Planeswalkers (and Magic itself) is the game mechanical representation of a duel between two immensely powerful Mages (or, pre-Time Spiral, god-like beings).
Considering a player's library represents the Planeswalker's arsenal of spells and reserve of power (how much they can draw from mana sources), "milling" is Magic's version of mind-****.

Basically imagine Jace holding out his hand and literally ripping the spells and power from the mind of his opponent.
Basically imagine Jace holding out his hand and literally ripping the spells and power from the mind of his opponent.

For some reason I imagine it looking less subtle then that.

IMAGE(http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=262838&type=card)
Re: Dream Puppets

Duels of the Planeswalkers (and Magic itself) is the game mechanical representation of a duel between two immensely powerful Mages (or, pre-Time Spiral, god-like beings).
Considering a player's library represents the Planeswalker's arsenal of spells and reserve of power (how much they can draw from mana sources), "milling" is Magic's version of mind-****.

So long as it's just his hand, ewwww

Chandra's deck is a churning cauldron of anger, frustration and rage...
She has "daddy" issues 
Talrand's deck is like a skilled fencer, gracefully slowing down opponents, bouncing, and countering, beating opponents with pure speed  (time warp) or by turning their own strengths against them (rite). 

Alternatively it is like a ancient wizard, slow-moving at first compared to the youngsters, but once it finally gathers its mana able to do amazing things.
Ok let me try this; GG is like a gun, aim, shoot, you are dead. The end.
Berserker Rage is like a truck, BERSERKER
Berserker Rage is making **comment moderated**, BERSERKER

Chandra's deck is a churning cauldron of anger, frustration and rage...
She has "daddy" issues 

To me, Chandra=Carrie, the Rage
Sign In to post comments