Any of you guys know where to find a good Dice Box?

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
I collect dice, as I'm sure many of the residents of D&D's forums do, and I was looking for a nice looking box to keep them in. The only such item if I've seen (that was of decent quality, that is,) is the box on Geek Chick's site. http://geekchichq.com/the-labs/

However, they've retired their dice box for some reason. Any of you guys know of another site or place where I could find a similar box? 
These work great for keeping dice in:

I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
I collect dice, as I'm sure many of the residents of D&D's forums do, and I was looking for a nice looking box to keep them in. The only such item if I've seen (that was of decent quality, that is,) is the box on Geek Chick's site. http://geekchichq.com/the-labs/

However, they've retired their dice box for some reason. Any of you guys know of another site or place where I could find a similar box? 

Never cared for the dice boxes. I always went with the Crown Royal dice bag. I heard it was specifically made for that.

As for the site you have there... what the...? A bit expensive for wooden weapons, isn't it? I mean, for the same price give or take a few dollars, you can get the real thing.

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.

Never cared for the dice boxes. I always went with the Crown Royal dice bag. I heard it was specifically made for that.

As for the site you have there... what the...? A bit expensive for wooden weapons, isn't it? I mean, for the same price give or take a few dollars, you can get the real thing.

I have a few bags, and they're nice for bringing dice to and from places, but I've alway enjoyed a good box. 

As for Geek Chick and their prices, yeah, they're pretty overly-expensive. 
I have a few bags, and they're nice for bringing dice to and from places, but I've alway enjoyed a good box.

My cousin got a dice box from one of his ex-girlfriends. It looked alright, but it only fit a single set of dice. I haven't seen any boxes made specifically for dice that can hold a large aount of dice. Maybe it's because I haven't gove looking. In any case, you might be better off making your own, or buying something like a tackle box and modifying it to fit your taste.
As for Geek Chick and their prices, yeah, they're pretty overly-expensive. 

Definitely. 

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
These work great for keeping dice in:

I keep my steel dice in a Crown Royal Black mini bottle bag. Highly recommended.

Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.

Who hasn't?  Anyway, last I heard bags and boxes aren't mutually exclusive - though most stay away from older bags.  Hmm, we may need to consult RH about this topic.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Yes, RH is the OTT authority on al things old.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Especially old boxes.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Yup. From what he tell me, he has been working on an old box at work. It's old and falling apart at the hinges, but he likes it that way.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Yeah, he said he had to use a lot of alcohol and lube to pry it open, too.  That's way too much work if you ask me.  Time to get a new box, really.

Section Six Soldier

Seriously. RH has to be careful or he'll break something on that box. I agree that it's time for a new box, but you RH, he likes them old and dicrepid. He says they have character or something. That, and he has no idea how to get a new box. He probably couldn't afford it either.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Yeah, he says it's easier to find old boxes and then just do the work to get the joints working again.  I don't see how.  I mean, he can get new boxes in the same sort of places he picks up the old ones, yanno?  And those old boxes are so fragile.  He could get in a lot of trouble if he breaks an antique box.

Section Six Soldier

That's RH for you. You saw the pictures of his basement. Old, worn out, paint peeling... etc. That's the same way he likes his boxes.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
I suspect he keeps most of his oldest non working boxes in the basement.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
Well yeah, eventually those old boxes have a severe break. What else is he going to do?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
That's RH for you. You saw the pictures of his basement. Old, worn out, paint peeling... etc. That's the same way he likes his boxes.

I wonder how many old boxes he's buried out in the woods when he's been 'working'.

Section Six Soldier

That would be too much like recycling ZB. Robin strikes me more of the type to dump his old boxes in a landfill.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
I use Shimano boxes for my dice - you find find the flat, clear, plastic ones in most stores, and there are dividers that you can put in for the size you need.
Benevolent God of Death "No one told you when to run."
Do you prefer them young new or old?

Section Six Soldier

I have some I've had for years, but I'm always looking for new ones.
As  I made that reply, I just new it would come to this.
As  I made that reply, I just new it would come to this.

My response is totally legit. I do use Shimano boxes for my dice. Also my tokens and my beads (enemy tokens).
Sign In to post comments