Transposing Lunge

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
58018728 wrote:
This is an exception to the normal Rule, just like Transposing Lunge is also an exception to the Melee Power Rules by letting a Swordmage make a Melee Attack against an enemy beyond it's Reach (within 10 squares of him)

This is just what I have been looking for. Where does it state the distance for the reach? 
Melee Range (RC 100/PHB 270)

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

To be more specific,

Melee weapon
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Yep, Melee weapon; agreed. So where does the 'within 10sq of him' that Plaguescarred mentioned come from.
It absolutely makes sense because the power as written doesn't really.
I say this because if it is simply Melee weapon and your weapon only has reach 1, like most meapons do, then the enemy is already adjacent to you so teleporting the enemy to a square adjacent to you seems pointless.

Yep, Melee weapon; agreed. So where does the 'within 10sq of him' that Plaguescarred mentioned come from.
It absolutely makes sense because the power as written doesn't really.

This comes from the power's interaction with Aegis of Shielding.

I say this because if it is simply Melee weapon and your weapon only has reach 1, like most meapons do, then the enemy is already adjacent to you so teleporting the enemy to a square adjacent to you seems pointless.

Repositioning an enemy can be very useful. You could put them in flanking, or damaging terrain, etc.
Take a look at the Aegis of Shielding rider - Shielding is an interrupt, it allows you to use TL as an interrupt to an enemy's attack, which in turn completely invalidates that attack if you remove the attack from reach of the ally.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Aegis of Shielding: When you use your aegis of shielding immediate interrupt, you can use this power against the target as part of the interrupt, even if the target is beyond your reach.

This part.  Nobody other than shieldmages actually uses TL, and none of them use it in a way other than using this rider.  It's a pretty boring power without the rider, and it's a phenomenally good one with it.
To use the aegis of shielding immediate interupt the target must have been within 2 squares at some put to place it on the target unless you used another of the Swordmage's daily powers.
If the target and you subsquently moves further away each other then the powers teleportation range has no range limit.

Now I have a farbond greatsword which I can throw at the enemy, so if I use TL with this melee weapon as heavy thrown weapon will the power still apply.
The limit is 10 squares, because that's the range of the Aegis interrupt effect.
To use the aegis of shielding immediate interupt the target must have been within 2 squares at some put to place it on the target unless you used another of the Swordmage's daily powers.
If the target and you subsquently moves further away each other then the powers teleportation range has no range limit.

Now I have a farbond greatsword which I can throw at the enemy, so if I use TL with this melee weapon as heavy thrown weapon will the power still apply.

The power does not allow you to throw your weapon.  It's still a power with the range 'melee weapon' even when used as an interrupt - it's just that, in that case, you ignore the fact that you're out of range, if you are.  Nothing makes you throw the weapon.

The power works, as long as your Aegis can be triggered, which means the target must be within 10 squares, and you must have the action available and usable.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.