Newbie doubts [+ help ]

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello guys, how are you? Laughing

I'm playing DnD and I got some doubts:
  • When I want to user a power (say for example, one that is Force VS AC), what do I need to sum in order to see if I hit the monster or not? (1d20+mod force attribute..? and the base bonus attack?)
  • Let's say I'm a Ranger, and I have a longsword that has an attack of 1d8. My damage is just 1d8? or something more?
  • Healing surges looks very overpower, or its just my impression? I mean... whenever I'm out of combat, my life is full because of them :P
  • Now, the power Twin Strike (Ranger): it enables me to perform an double attack in a single monster? isnt it a littler overpower?

Does anyone knows the answer for any of my questions?

I'd really appreciate! Thanks in advance,
John.
1) 1d20+ strenght modifier + weapon proficiency (if weapon) + enhencement+ half level + any other applicable bonus (expertise, Flanking etc..)

2) The Power will tell you if you add your strenght modifier to the damage roll. For exemple, Twin Strike does not add it, while a Melee Basic Attack does. 

3) Yes you burn them that easily. Healing Surges is a limited ressource though and thus have only a limited number per day.

4) Its one of the best at-will power in the game. :P

Plaguescarred
, thanks for the answer! :D

Could you answer a couple more? xD

1) Can I induce a player with -2 hit points to use a healing surge (using the power Inspiring Word (Warlord))?

2)  The power Lead the Attack (Warlord) says "...you gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls against the target...". Well that bonus is added to get trough the AC or in the damage?

Plaguescarred
, thanks for the answer! :D

Could you answer a couple more? xD

1) Can I induce a player with -2 hit points to use a healing surge (using the power Inspiring Word (Warlord))?

2)  The power Lead the Attack (Warlord) says "...you gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls against the target...". Well that bonus is added to get trough the AC or in the damage?

1. Yes.  The character will heal to zero, then you will apply the healing surge and any appropriate bonuses.

2. A bonus to attack rolls is just that; it applies to the attack roll, which is the d20 roll you make to see if you hit.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Thanks for the answers Salla Laughing
You're welcome johnMcdonalds2!

You can come back anytime if you need help ... Wink
Sign In to post comments