Weapon Focus and Weaplements

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi, I play D&D 4e, not using Essential Rules.

Is Weapon Focus bonus also added to implements powers for a class like Swordmage?

Looking around I found several forums concerning this subject ... but not a clear rule.

I think this feat should only fit to weapons powers ... but is there any feat for implements? In some forums suggest a feat from D&D Essentials, but I decided not to use Essential rules as they generally are more powerful than regular one.

Please, help me.

Thanks

The most current version of weapon focus only applies to weapon attacks. For implements, there is Implement Focus. Also, for reference, there is no such thing as "essentials rules", just current 4e rules. You can choose not to use feats and classes from the newer sources though, but you will be missing many important additions to help balance the game.
I think to further add to this question ... what about implements tht can be used as weapon like a dispater rod beingused as a mace. /Do you get the proficiency bonus in such a case? It doesn't show up in the character builder. Also applying bludgeon expertise doesn't do anything, so how do we resolve that?
I think to further add to this question ... what about implements tht can be used as weapon like a dispater rod beingused as a mace. /Do you get the proficiency bonus in such a case? It doesn't show up in the character builder. Also applying bludgeon expertise doesn't do anything, so how do we resolve that?

the character builder isnt a rules source. if youre afraid of doing the math wrong manually, add a magic mace with the same enhancement bonus as your rod and the builder will show the correct attack values.