Ire Strike shift

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Augment 2

Effect: One ally within 5 squares of you can use a free action to shift to a square adjacent to the target and then make a melee basic attack against it. If the attack hits, it deals 1d8 extra damage to the target, and the target has vulnerability to all damage equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier until the end of your next turn.

If I'm reading this right, then there is no maximum shift distance on this power, and no requirement as to which adjacent square the ally shifts to.  So if my ally is a Rogue who is behind me at maximum range, then there is nothing to stop said Rogue from shifting all the way behind the target and into a flanking position with me? Thereby triggering CA for the attack, and Sneak Attack dice.
Correct, since you can move anywhere at the Specific Destination.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

And powers like it are targets for errata.  A few slipped through the cracks, like this one.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Also, it is one of the reasons Ire Strike is such an excellent power. (That and vuln 5 is awesome)
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here