3.5 dragon shaman aura

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
is there a way to change my aura's more than once per round?

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.p...

Just to save you a bit of reading:
10 levels in Eternal Blade (once per day)
7 levels in Ruby Knight Vindicator (as many times as you have turning attempts per day)
4 levels in Thrall of Demogorgon (twice per day)
White Raven Tactics from a friend (as often as it takes your friend to reset maneuvers)
Belt of Battle with magical sentience so you don't waste your own swift action activating it (once per day)

White Raven Tactics is pure gold, but there's more effective ways to use it than simply changing auras twice per round every one to three rounds.  Of those, all but RKV give you additional full-round actions to play with and don't really lend many uses (RKV specifically lets you take additional swift actions per round).  If you went to the trouble of getting 7 levels in RKV, your auras probably aren't going to be terribly impressive and you'll probably have better things to do maneuver-wise with your swift actions than change auras twice.

Why do you want to change your auras more than once per round?
Hum Azoriel, he was asking about changing the aura from the PHB2's Dragon Shaman more then once per round.  I don't remember seeing ANYTHING about changing the maneuvers a martial character from the TOB would get which is what it appears that you answered.

Now I can't think of any way to change your aura more then once per round but I also wonder why you'd want to do that.  I guess I'm having a hard time seeing the benefit because unless I'm seriously mistaken you'd have a hard time benefitting from more then one on any given turn.

Hum Azoriel, he was asking about changing the aura from the PHB2's Dragon Shaman more then once per round.  I don't remember seeing ANYTHING about changing the maneuvers a martial character from the TOB would get which is what it appears that you answered.

It's a swift action to change auras - the only way to change an aura more than once per round is to get more swift actions per round.  The things listed above are known methods to get extra swift actions per round.  Most of these involve getting a whole round of extra actions, since there's only one method (to my recollection) that gives extra swift actions per round without getting a whole other round's actions to go with it.  This would be 7 levels of Ruby Knight Vindicator.  (There's nothing in there about changing maneuvers, unless you happen to be blowing your extra swift actions to change stances.)

Now I can't think of any way to change your aura more then once per round

See above.

but I also wonder why you'd want to do that.

+1 

(editted for readability)
Doesn't work. Gaining a full-round action doesn't include a swift action.

Poo.  =(

But this is really much more important. There's little benefit, beyond maybe switching between the damage aura and the healing aura or some such.

Double Draconic Aura feat?  No need to swap if the shaman can keep up both at once.  But this assumes the shaman has at least 12 character levels, has the feat to spare, and only needs to maintain two auras.  (The OP will need to provide more inputs...)
i was thinking of using power (increase melee dmg) during my turn, then swiching to energy shield (deal dmg to foes attacking) for my allies. im currently level 4 and plan on sticking strictly to dragon shaman. 

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Sign In to post comments