YMTC Mafia

226 posts / 0 new
Last post
Welcome to YMTC mafia, the game of guessing, lynching, card design, and just a pinch of magic.

What is Mafia? By Silly_Dragons

Mafia is a game created in the 1980's in the USSR. At its heart, mafia is a battle between the informed minority and the uninformed majority. Players are generally assigned to one of the two main teams at the beginning of the game, the mafia (the informed minority) or the town (the uninformed majority). A member of the mafia knows every other member on his or her team. In contrast with this, a member of the town does not know the alignments of anybody besides themselves. However, while the town lacks knowledge, they generally make up for this with numbers. In a typical game, the town will outnumber the mafia roughly three to one.

The game of Mafia is broken up into day/night phases. During the day, the remaining living players discuss who they think is mafia, and vote on someone to lynch. Once a player has received a majority of the votes, they are dead, and the day ends. During the night, the living members of the mafia discuss who they would like to kill, and inform the game moderator. That player will die, and night ends. This day/night cycle is repeated until either the mafia or the town has been eliminated. (Generally, the mod ends the game when the mafia members make up 50% of the town, because after that it is impossible for the town to lynch a mafia member during the day). When either team has been eliminated, the other team wins the game. If your team wins, then you win, even if you are dead. Therefore, you can sacrifice yourself to help your team if you really have to.

To spice things up, besides the standard town and mafia roles certain players may be given special abilities. There may even be other teams besides just the mafia and the town. You can view a list of common roles and alignments here.

General Game Rules By Silly_Dragons

Voting

• All official votes must be bold and in a noticeable color (ex. red, green, purple, etc). Please try to stay away from voting in colors that are extremely bright and hard to read (ex. yellow) or colors that will blend in with other text and the background (ex. black, gray). An example of a proper vote would be "Vote: Player".

• Please unvote in between votes. It makes the moderator's life a lot easier when doing votecounts.

• If you want to unvote, follow the same procedures for voting, except post "Unvote". Your vote will be removed.

Lynching

• When a player has over half of the current living players voting for him, that player is immediately lynched, and the day ends. Trying to change your vote after a player has already passed this threshold will have no effect. Because your cards will determine voting power, the day will last until, well, it lasts before I can tally up your votes and post who was lynched.

• If the deadline for the day passes, the player with the most votes will be lynched regardless of whether the votes constitute an absolute majority or not. If two or more players are tied for the most votes, the most recent vote will be removed. This process will be repeated until the tie is broken.

Deadlines

• Each in-game day will last approximately 7-14 real-life days. Each in-game night will last approximately 2-3 real-life days. Both of these deadlines will be determined by the moderator running the game. Days and nights may be extended in case a player needs to be replaced, or if the mods find it prudent. Each day will last 48-72 hours, and each night will last 24 hours. Times can be adjusted for larger games and for time zones.

• Please be active during the day. Each player is required to post at least once every 72 hours. If you do not post during that time period, you will be prodded once. If you do not respond to this prod within 48 hours, then you will be either replaced or modkilled. Because these boards aren't quite that active I won't be doing this. If a player is inactive just lynch them :D I will remind them though if they haven't posted within some time limit.

• If you become too busy or are going on a vacation where there is no internet access, and cannot post once every 72 hours, please either request that the moderator replace you, or announce a V/LA (Vacation/Limited Access) by telling everybody how long you will be gone for.

• Players are expected to send the moderator their night targets before the time night ends. If you do not send in a target, it is assumed that you are not using your ability. However, even if you do plan on not using your ability, please send the moderator a message anyways. This allows the moderator to end the night early and helps speed things up.

Communications

• Do not post in invisible or white text in the game thread.

• Do not attempt to obscure information in your posts using ciphers or other means of encryption.

• Do not edit your posts in the game thread. If you really must clarify something, put it in another post.

• Do not quote your role PM to anybody. Paraphrasing it is fine, but copying and pasting it is not.

• Unless your role specifically allows you to, do not talk about game relevant information outside the game thread. This rule includes but is not limited to messages in your forum avatar, forum signature, IRC, private messages, and instant messaging.

• Do not talk about game relevant information to people in the game or outside the game, even after you are dead. You might not permanently be dead.

• Do not post in the game thread if you're dead, unless your role specifically allows it. Dead men tell no tales. Some mods may allow you to make one "Bah I'm dead!" type post, but in general please refrain from making posts when dead.

• Do not post in the game thread at night, unless your role specifically allows it. You're supposed to be asleep.

Other Rules

• Do not use meta-strategies that are against the spirit of the game, such as trying to tell whether or not someone is town based on the way their role pm is worded. What exactly constitutes as a meta-strategy is up to interpretation by the moderators.

• Do not sign up for the same game under more than one account. Signing up for different games under different accounts is fine, but signing up for two spots in the same game will be punished heavily.

• If you have any issues with a current game, either contact a GM that is currently not playing in that game, or wait until the game is over before bringing up the issue. Do not make a public post about it while the game is still running, as that may ruin the game for everybody else.

• The moderators reserve the right to change the rules and replace/modkill anyone as they see fit. This rule is here just in case something unexpected happens in the game that needs to be dealt with immediately, and should normally not be invoked.

• If you ever have any questions about the rules, feel free to send the moderators a private message. They will answer any questions they can.

• Have fun! (Okay, this isn't actually a rule.)

The important special rules

Each round will be slightly different, but the basic idea is: Once we have enough people signed up, I'll send everyone a criteria in PM. The criteria will secretly determine what role you play, and the score of your card will determine your voting power. Nobody will get to see their scores until the end of the game (some games I will tell you your scores.) Voting power only effects the day votes for lynching people. Scores will be out of ten. a score of 0 means you get a normal 1 person vote. a score of ten means you essentially get 2 votes. Everything in between is what you think it is. When the time for the day is up, I'll tally the votes and post you died as quickly as I can. Then the mafia will vote and then on to the next day. Some games I will also post your cards but not say who made what. This is simply to get people talking and thinking about who may have gotten what criteria.

Roles
Citizen - The basic vanilla town role

Mercenary - The vanilla mafia role

Mystic - Each day they may choose to have a card and score for a player revealed at the start of the night. Town aligned.

Phyrexian - Mafia like role. Instead of killing each night, this role converts another player to phyrexia. When 50% of the players are phyrexian they win.

Shapeshifter - Can copy the role of another player during the day, once per game. Is neutral until a role is stolen. Once copied they may then use their new ability as soon as possible.

Goat - Wins when lynched.

Wizard - Can switch the roles of any two players. This happens after all other role actions take place. Town aligned

Dragon - Wins when no other players are alive during the game. Can never be killed during the night.

Unicorn - Town aligned class that once per day can choose a player. That player is immune to all other role effects until the next day.

Rigger: Mafia aligned role that can assemble a contraption for another player once per day. *contraptions do nothing contraptions...uh...will detonate after 3 turns killing that player (so they get it during the day, then night is 1, day is 2, night is 3, next day it explodes) contraptions may be passed to another player during the turn after they are received. So hot potato fun.

Mirran Ellite - Can't be converted to phyrexia

More to come once we get enough players and I think of more!

ONLY SEND YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO ME BY PM SO OTHER PLAYERS CAN'T FIGURE OUT YOUR ROLES!!

Please read over everything and make sure I didn't miss any rules or anything. Ask all the question you need to so I can make this perfect.
GAME 1: Simple mafia - DAY TWO

Signups last for the next 24 hours. We need at least 6 people, and at most...lets say 10? Depending on how many players we get, we will have at most 2 mercenaries and 2 mystics. I will not be telling players their scores or posting their cards.

Players

TRPM
Niklor
altimis
edacade
morgothra
magicpablo
vlord
glasir
cato
zoko
habreno
confused
fenix
sage
vektor
theatog

game 1 signups open!
signs up recklessly
Bleh Bleh Bleh

And count me in for the fun. 
#pony chat
58325628 wrote:
I, Niklor, in the event of a situation where I am placed at L-1, in other words 1 vote away from being lynched, will bring the hammer vote down upon myself unless it is a known Lylo situation by either announcement or general consensus. Note, if the general consensus is that it's Lylo on days when it clearly isn't, I will ignore them. Please respect the self-hammer by not hammering Niklor in non-Lylo scenarios.

Also... how do they do nights? If the mafia talk at "night" on the thread... won't we know who the mafia are (inregards to the last rule in communications)?
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.

Also... how do they do nights? If the mafia talk at "night" on the thread... won't we know who the mafia are (inregards to the last rule in communications)?

I'll PM all mafia aligned stuff so they know who is who and can PM each other. Same with phyrexians and other similar roles.

I'll PM all mafia aligned stuff so they know who is who and can PM each other. Same with phyrexians and other similar roles.

That's what I figured... but I just wanted to double check.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
This looks like fun. But before I ask to sign-up, just one clarification: are we posting cards in the thread or via PM?

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

Khans of Tarkir Clan Quiz
After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Interesting.
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
This looks like fun. But before I ask to sign-up, just one clarification: are we posting cards in the thread or via PM?

Via PM unless stated otherwise. Your card gives clues to your roles.
okay. I wish to join. Hopefully I won't be too noobish.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)

After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

I am Black/Green

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

If a bajillion people sign up, is there going to be an audition to whittle the numbers down... or is there going to be a first come first serve basis?
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
If a bajillion people sign up, is there going to be an audition to whittle the numbers down... or is there going to be a first come first serve basis?

I doubt that will happen. But if we get more than 16 I can figure something out.
YOLO - I'm in.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I haven't read the rules yet

so probably

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Let 'em burn [Frozen Parody]
In.
@ ChaosLight

Over at Px2 standard practice has been to PM a quicktopic Link to the mafia they can essentially use as a private thread.
@ ChaosLight Over at Px2 standard practice has been to PM a quicktopic Link to the mafia they can essentially use as a private thread.

Oh cool. What is that? :P
SparkWars is on its last round, so shortly I'll be dropping below my quota of 4 multi-round contests at a time!  That won't do.

(in) 

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

In it to win it.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
In

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Vote cato
In if possible.
56544366 wrote:
If a card works well in Standard, does fun but not totally broken things in Modern, and gets stupid in Legacy, I call that designing for everyone's enjoyment.
You can't trust Mafia, how can you trust a contest based on it?

Criminals can't be trusted to be fair and honest judges.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Just posting to say that I am not an adventurous person online. Which is to say, if I don't know of the website, regardless of how many other people go there and "don't have a problem," I will not go there unless I find it to be on a list of sites recommended by a website I do trust (like, say, Wizards).

Which is a roundabout way of me saying "If I'm mafia, I'm not going to quicktopic."

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

In if possible anyway.
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
I want to play!

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Players:

TRPM
Niklor
altimis
edacade
morgothra
magicpablo
matt (I guess? Should I let this troll in?)
vlord
glasir
cato
zoko
habreno
confused
fenix

NO MORE WE HAVE AN EVEN NUMBER! Sit tight while I adjust the numbers of the roles and figure out the criteria!
Awww I was gonna join
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Awww I was gonna join

if one more person wants to you can. Then we will probably play phyrexia Vs the coalition. or w/e
I return from the shadows of the abyss to help sage62.
Rejoice my friend, for now we both are in.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
Vektor's going to join. How does this sound to everyone:

One phyrexian
One goat
two mystics
10 vanilla town
2 riggers

Riggers: Once per day they may assemble a contraption for another player.
Vektor's going to join. How does this sound to everyone:

One phyrexian
One goat
two mystics
10 vanilla town
2 riggers

Riggers: Once per day they may assemble a contraption for another player.

Only if I can be a rigger.....I mean, no. I'm not a rigger. Who said I was a rigger? You're crazy. Ha. Ha ha.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Since I've never played Mafia before, I have no idea if that's normal or not.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

16 goats
Since I've never played Mafia before, I have no idea if that's normal or not.

Well let's see :O

16 people alive - 1 lynch, 1 convert

15 left, 2 phyrexian

14 left, 3 phyrexian

etc.

cult phyrexian are overpowered... D:

Clearly we need mafia and phyrexian so there's greater chance of all the phyrexian dying.
16 goats

this
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
Oh god,please make the riggers relevant. Wait till half way through a game or something then, bam! errata!
I'm at work, 15 minute break so I can't start this yet but I'm thinking the new ratio will be:

3 mafia
1 phyrexian
1 goat
2 mystics
9 citizens

So its pretty simple but still interesting

Citizens will get the same criteria, the other roles will all get the same criteria but there will be a secret criteria I'm using to asign your classes. (Ill just get lazy and all do it at random probably)