Need help with "Naya Zoo"

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
I suggest adding Resto angel to the maindeck in place of the Centaur Healers. caentaur does not really seem nesessary in the maindeck to me. I also think the deck would like Selesnya Charm and maybe the fourth Huntmaster.
100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12
I go back and forth on having the angels or the centaurs main decked. Right now I run maindeck centaurs because there is a TON of aggro in my meta. I'm not sure what I would take out for the Selesnya Charm though.
If there is alot of aggro you can still save your guys with Resto Angel and she also has evasion which is very helpful in the damage race. Thats essentially what aggro vs aggro matchups are. 

I still also reccomend the 4th Huntmaster.

Also, not a big fan of Slayers stronghold when you have 2 Kessigs. and i would probably remove it and the two bonfires for the charms. I dont think you want to be tapping out to bonfire. You want to be playing threats.
So maindeck you suggest:

-4 Centaur Healer
-2 Bonfire of the Damned
-1 Slayers' Stronghold

+1 huntmaster of the fells
+3 Restoration Angel
+3 Selesnya Charm

and move the centaur healers to the sideboard? or should I move the bonfires to the board and add another selesnya charm to the sideboard??

I'll playtest out these changes and see how it goes.
Yes those changes seem good. I would probably put the two bonfires into the sideboard along with 2 healers if your still worried about your aggro matchup.
If you're not running 4 thragtusks you're doing it wrong.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012

Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

What would you recommend taking out for the other 2 Thrags? I agree it's an amazing dude, but I really like the other guys and I don't feel I've ever been pressured enough to warrant the extra ones.

Also, the changes that you suggested are working well. I'm much happier with the charm over centaurs. Resto Angel's maindeck are allowing some fun combat tricks as well as faster beats (huntmaster tokens, thundermaw getting double duty, etc...). Thanks for the suggestions! 
Sign In to post comments