STOPCATS the deck about what just happened

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
this deck is legacy legal, so yall are forced to have it appear in the legacy section.

if anyone has any ideas on how to make it more serious/playable, feel free (for instance, it is light on disruption, atm, and could probably use some tweaking in that direction) but please know that this IS a serious deck.  well, at least it will be.

le reveal:

artifacts ~4

4x Lifespark Spellbomb 1

creatures ~12

4x Essense Warden g
4x Lotus Cobra 1g
4x Mannichi, the Fevered Dream 2r

enchantments ~4

4x Intruder Alarm 2u

instants ~16

4x Crop Rotation g
4x Downsize u or 2u
4x Gifts Ungiven 3u
2x Hysterical Blindness 2u
2x Turn the Tide 1u

lands ~23

4x Forbidden Orchard
3x Misty Rainforest
3x Scalding Tarn
3x Taiga
4x Tropical Island
3x Volcanic Island
3x Wooded Foothills

sorceries ~5

1x Increasing Confusion xu
4x Regrowth 1g

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

A creative hub for art and all things Magical, Dungeony, and Dragony!

Feel free to copy this into your sig, adding one to the generation number.

Generation=0

tldr: Mannichi, the Fevered Dream + Downsize is hilarious and actually really cool.

I stuck in Lifespark Spellbomb because killing their lands while you're at it is super boss, and it works on decks that rely on creatures less or not at all.  Intruder Alarm + Forbidden Orchard was a natural fit since infinite combos are neat, but some or all of thoe are ideal candidates for cuttery.

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

Generation=0

tldr: Mannichi, the Fevered Dream + Downsize is hilarious and actually really cool.

It does look fun, but I don't know that it's good enough for 8 Downsize.  Likewise, 4 Crop Rotation might be unnecessary with only one real target.

If you're going the "kill your lands" angle I think I would prefer something more like Natural Affinity to hit them all, so it's not just an expensive Strip Mine.

Also, you're not in Vintage.  You can play 4 Brainstorm here.  Where are they? Tongue Out
i always forget about brainstorm nowadays lol...

yeah, i thin probably chopping off the whole orchard/intruder alarm angle is best.

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

Generation=0

This seems kind of clunky to me.  What sort of strengths are looking to use in legacy? I'd like contribute to the conversation but I'm not sure what makes you want to run this. 

Also either you or I am reading Intruder Alarm incorrectly. Alarm+Orchard doesn't make infite anything... 
With Spellbomb to make it a creature, it makes infinite mana, and gives your opponent infinite dudes.
Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such sport, And the Dish ran away with the Spoon. He ran from conviction, and fed his addiction as the Dish heated the Spoon... The Spoon begged to go, but the Dish shouted : "NO!!" "The heroin will be ready soon!" "Any time doing the right thing is funny as hell, it's probably Chaotic Good." IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2jcu9fs.png)
Now I see. I feel like you could do much better things with that then. This still looks clunky and slow. I'd drop spellbomb for Life//Death. Life costs less mana overall and can't be pithing needled game 2. If I kept going you'd be left with hardly any of your original list. 
If you confirm or deny interest in my help with this I will give you more suggestions or leave the topic alone. I don't mean to sound rude but I am replying to a post in a tournament play thread. 
I actually like the Forbidden Orchard + Intruder Alarm combo, though I think it could be executed better.

The Manichi combo isn't good at all. It wouldn't be so bad if you could pump mana into another creature to make all creatures your opponents control get -infinity/-0

I'd actually going for a stronger lategame version of Cheerios if you stick with Life//Death + Intruder Alarm, that way you can skip Forbidden Orchard altogether. Actually ... nvm: UG Elf Combo with Intruder Alarm and Deathrite Shaman!
Plaguebearer

I really think black is going to be your friend. Manichi and those other cards you have with it are poo.

EDIT: by those other cards I mean the -X/-0 
Is there any established deck that this DOESN'T lose to?
I hate dogs.
Black also gives you Blood Seeker, which might be a nice addition.
Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such sport, And the Dish ran away with the Spoon. He ran from conviction, and fed his addiction as the Dish heated the Spoon... The Spoon begged to go, but the Dish shouted : "NO!!" "The heroin will be ready soon!" "Any time doing the right thing is funny as hell, it's probably Chaotic Good." IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2jcu9fs.png)
Have you considered Massacre Wurm as a finisher?  You've got infinte mana.  May as well play a thing that ends the game.

Edit:  Also. Netherborn Phalanx.  He's a finisher that can transmute for your other finisher just for funzies.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

I dunno, a 4 card combo (spellbomb, blood seeker, intruder alarm, forbidden orchard) seems kinda unwieldy when you can just painter-stone your way to victory.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
true, i just thought it was a fun wacky idea and threw it together.  i was drinking.

ive always loved the orchard/alarm combo though.

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

Generation=0

"take me serious guys, seriously.  i'm serious.  why don't you take me seriously."

"oh lol nvm, i was drunk" 

lel 

Casual Play Archetypes | The Casual Play FAQ: A Guide to the Game of Magic | The Return of Group-Make-A-Deck!

Contributions are welcomed!

nogoblinsallowed.com

Join us!  

"take me serious guys, seriously.  i'm serious.  why don't you take me seriously."

lel 

I really need to get drunk one day and see what kind of decks I make. Dream decks are cool and all, but too often they work and make sense.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
Not all of us can be Islands.
Photobucket

lel 

I really need to get drunk one day and see what kind of decks I make. Dream decks are cool and all, but too often they work and make sense.

Try sleep deprivation, it works almost as well.  I remember coming up with an eldrazi token mass polymorph fresh meat deck.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
this deck is legacy legal, so yall are forced to have it appear in the legacy section.

if anyone has any ideas on how to make it more serious/playable, feel free (for instance, it is light on disruption, atm, and could probably use some tweaking in that direction) but please know that this IS a serious deck.  well, at least it will be.

le reveal:

artifacts ~4

4x Lifespark Spellbomb 1

creatures ~12

4x Essense Warden g
4x Lotus Cobra 1g
4x Mannichi, the Fevered Dream 2r

enchantments ~4

4x Intruder Alarm 2u

instants ~16

4x Crop Rotation g
4x Downsize u or 2u
4x Gifts Ungiven 3u
2x Hysterical Blindness 2u
2x Turn the Tide 1u

lands ~23

4x Forbidden Orchard
3x Misty Rainforest
3x Scalding Tarn
3x Taiga
4x Tropical Island
3x Volcanic Island
3x Wooded Foothills

sorceries ~5

1x Increasing Confusion xu
4x Regrowth 1g

Made me laugh.
In Legacy, Blue is the best color. Let's punish blue, in Modern. And they listened!