Warcraft 4e Conversion

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have been working on a conversion or variant for a World of Warcraft campaign setting involving new racial stats to reflect the warcraft universe and class variants to better reflect the warcraft classes. So far I have only finished the priest, warrior, and hunter. I am currently working on the mage, rogue and soon druid. I am by no means a 4e expert, so balance can be issue. But I plan on getting the basics so that I can play with my roommates (we're all old Warcraft fans and have all of the d20 warcraft rpg books). Anyways, I thought I would post a link here to see what you guys think. 

Currently I feel like the rogue is a bit overpowered and I might have the player choose between trapsense or poison use.

sites.google.com/site/4theditionwarcraft...

Check out my new blog at http://www.epicdungeonmaster.com for a tips on being an Epic Dungeon Master! Articles released every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!

Some things I noticed from a quick reading :

Don't give constant bonus to attack rolls as race features. Much too powerful.

" Quickness: +2 racial bonus to Reflex saving throws." There's no such thing as a Reflex saving throw in 4e. Maybe you meant Reflex defense? In that case, +2 is a bit too high as a racial bonus.

Racial powers should always be encounter powers.

Racial resistances should scale. Something like 5+1/2 level.

My advice for races? Copy/paste from existing 4e races, with minor aesthetic changes.

For instance, this is how I would do the troll (it's a minor tweak of the shifter race, from PHB 2):

Racial Traits
Average Height: 6'9"-7'3"
Average Weight: 180-220
Ability Scores: +2 Spirit or Strength, +2 Agility (flex stats were introduced late in 4e life cycle, but they're very useful to better flesh out a race)
Size: Medium
Speed: 7 squares
Vision: Low-light Vision
Languages: Common and Low Common
Bonus Skills: +2 Nature, +2 Acrobatics

Berserk
Troll Racial Power 
You unleash the beast within and take on a savage countenance.
Encounter ✦ Healing
Minor Action Personal
Requirement: You must be bloodied.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls. In addition, while you are bloodied, you gain regeneration 2.
Level 11: Regeneration 4.
Level 21: Regeneration 6.
Thanks for the response. I went in and made some of the changes to the weapon specializations so they gave a bonus to damage instead of attack rolls. I thought about editing the pre existing races, but I figured with the warcraft rpg book and the games racial bonuses, there would be enough to work with. The races were the first things I did so I wasn't in the swing of keeping things remotely balanced.

Check out my new blog at http://www.epicdungeonmaster.com for a tips on being an Epic Dungeon Master! Articles released every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!