Dark Sun Ashes of Athas conclusion at Winter Fantasy

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi all,

The events for the Winter Fantasy convention (January 24-27) have been announced, including the conclusion of the Ashes of Athas campaign! We have two events. The first can be played as an introduction for new players (perfect as a lead-in to the second event). It can also be enjoyed by existing players. The second event is a two-round battle interactive as the Veiled Alliance and the allies the heroes have gathered face off against the primordial in the Sea of Silt!

Here are the two events (note that the BI is on Sunday):

AoA7-1 Ashes to Ashes:
: In a land where heroes are rarer than water, you have the chance to birth new hope into a ravaged world. But will that make the difference when you discover how to confront the insidious primordial that threatens to choke the Tablelands in ash and silt? A 9th level D&D 4th edition adventure for the brutal world of Dark Sun. Also a good entry point for players new to the Ashes of Athas campaign.Slot (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

AoA7-2 Dust to Dust (2-rounds):It all comes down to this. You have gathered your allies and tracked your enemies across the great Sea of Silt. They gather around the manifestation of their master: the primordial itself. Will your hasty alliance hold long enough to defeat the creature? Is such a thing even possible? And if you can win, what will the cost be? A 9th level D&D 4th edition Battle Interactive for the brutal world of Dark Sun and the conclusion to the Ashes of Athas campaign. New players should play AOA7-1 first. (Slot 11 & 12)

We will also be offering Chapter 6, which can also help any players catch up with the current plot.

Winter Fantasy needs judges! If you judge you can get free admission and hotel room, plus a copy of the adventures.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

A quick note to emphasize that we really do still need judges. For the Ashes of Athas events we would love to have judges familiar with Dark Sun!

Winter Fantasy is the best convention I know of for meeting WotC and Paizo staff. And it can be a great place to meet organized play authors, DDI contributors, and lots of great gamers. The social angle makes this a great place to be a player or judge.

Please help spread the word that we need judges. If we get more judges we can offer more seats at the convention!

Thanks!

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).