Progenitus' Charm/Progenitus' Command (Contest?)

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
In the style of Last Stand and the various charms (e.g. Rith's Charm)

Progenitus' Charm
Choose one: You gain 15 life, you draw four cards, you return 2 cards from your graveyard to your hand, creatures you control get +3/+0 until end of turn, or until end of turn, target land becomes a +5/+5 Elemental that's still a land

Progenitus' Command
You gain 10 life, then draw 2 cards, then destroy 2 target nonblack creatures, then Progenitus' Command deals 7 damage to target creature or player, then put a 3/3 beast into play
Until end of turn, creatures you control have protection from everything
Progenitus' Command can't be the target of spells or abilities, the damage it deals can't be prevented, and creatures that would die as a result of it can't be regenerated.

Can anybody make a better five-color instant with the name "Progenitus" somewhere in the title and abilities of all five colors?
I can make a simpler one.

Progenitaura
Instant
Until EoT, you and each permanent or spell you control has protection from everything.

"The soul of the world has visited briefly."

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Progenitus Charm
Instant (R)
Choose three - Target creature gets protection from everything, or return target permanent to its owner's hand, or target player sacrifices a creature, or you draw two cards and discard a card, or target permanent becomes a 5/5 creature in addition to its other types.
"Those born before the cataclysm tend to forget that before the Shards, ours was a single world, with a single God." -Alarias, Herald of Progenitus.

Primal Ultimatum
Sorcery (MR)
Destroy all creatures, then search your library or graveyard for a creature and put it onto the battlefield. Repeat this process for lands, artifacts, enchantments and planeswalkers. Then, shuffle your library. Exile ~.
If ~ was cast from your hand, take an extra turn after this one.
"Only those who have forgotten their true loyalties have anything to fear from the return of Our Lord, Progenitus." -Alarias.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
World Soul's Command
Sorcery
Choose 5 in any combination - Gain 3 life; Or, Draw two cards; Or, each opponent discards two cards at random; Or, ~ deals 3 damage to target creature or player: Or, put two +1/+1 counters on target creature.

No idea how to word this. I basically want you to be able to choose each mode multiple times if you want, but only 5 modes total.
Choose one (choices) then repeat this process four more times?
Progenitus Charm
Instant (R)
Choose three - Target creature gets protection from everything, or return target permanent to its owner's hand, or target player sacrifices a creature, or you draw two cards and discard a card, or target permanent becomes a 5/5 creature in addition to its other types.
"Those born before the cataclysm tend to forget that before the Shards, ours was a single world, with a single God." -Alarias, Herald of Progenitus.

Primal Ultimatum
Sorcery (MR)
Destroy all creatures, then search your library or graveyard for a creature and put it onto the battlefield. Repeat this process for lands, artifacts, enchantments and planeswalkers. Then, shuffle your library. Exile ~.
"Only those who have forgotten their true loyalties have anything to fear from the return of Our Lord, Progenitus." -Alarias.

For being essentially uncastable, the big mana is underpowered.  Spells that are 99% game winners are cheaper.  So this spell should be a 100% guaranteed game winner.  I like the premise of it, though

I'd tweak the search part to "a permanent of each color.  If the permanent is a creature, it gains haste and PFE (not that PFE matters; your opponents have no creatures and no land to cast spells).  Keep the Wrath of God and Time Warp combo, though  
Progenitus Charm
Instant (R)

Primal Ultimatum
Sorcery (MR)

For being essentially uncastable, the big mana is underpowered.  Spells that are 99% game winners are cheaper.  So this spell should be a 100% guaranteed game winner.  I like the premise of it, though

I'd tweak the search part to "a permanent of each color.  If the permanent is a creature, it gains haste and PFE (not that PFE matters; your opponents have no creatures and no land to cast spells).  Keep the Wrath of God and Time Warp combo, though  

I wanted it to be the same cost in each color and CMC 10 would be too good. I don't think it's ridiculous on 15, Emrakul is colorless but I think this effect might be slightly more powerful than landing Emrakul (if you have a creature that is worth anything to bring in).

Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
World Soul's Command
Sorcery
Choose 5 in any combination - Gain 3 life; Or, Draw two cards; Or, each opponent discards two cards at random; Or, ~ deals 3 damage to target creature or player: Or, put two +1/+1 counters on target creature.

No idea how to word this. I basically want you to be able to choose each mode multiple times if you want, but only 5 modes total.

9 times out of 10 this'll read as "take 15 to the face."
World Soul United 
Sorcery

During your next end phase, you win the game.
World Soul United costs one less for each monowhite permanent you control. The same applies for monoblue, monoblack, monored, and monogreen.

This is probably totally breakable, but I'm toying with the idea. I mean, even if it is breakable, there's GOTTA be better ways to win.
World Soul United 
Sorcery

During your next end phase, you win the game.
World Soul united costs one less for each monowhite permanent you control. The same applies for monoblue, monoblack, monored, and monogreen.

This is probably totally breakable, but I'm toying with the idea. I mean, even if it is breakable, there's GOTTA be better ways to win. 

Coalition Victory comes to mind here.  It operates on a similar premise, doesn't have the affinity, but does require permanents of each color
Progenitus' Charm - XX

Instant (Color Indicator = All colors)

Choose up to X: If Green mana was paid to cast ~, search your library for X basic land cards and put them onto the battlefield tapped; if Black mana was paid, search your library for up to X cards and put them into your graveyard; If Blue mana was paid, draw X cards; if Red mana was paid, ~ deals X damage to each creature; if White mana was paid, gain twice X life.

If black, blue, green, white and red mana were used to cast ~, you may search your library for a card named Progenitus and put it into your hand.

Shuffle your library.
If I read that correctly, you get 9 lands for 6 green mana. WHAT?!
@ estredi: Nope.
For 5 and a green.you can get 3 lands.Theres nothing saying you can choose the same effect more than once.
There's nothing saying that you can't.

@Purpleback: Coalition Victory is what I was trying to avoid. It doesn't require mono permanents, it requires permanents that have that collor. You win for 8 mana,  3 shocklands, and a creature that has all colors.

EDIT: I just read Command Rulings. Yes you are right, he can't choose the same thing twice. Phew. 
World Soul Charm -- :WM::UM::BM::RM::GM:
Sorcery (R)

Choose one - Target creature gets protection from everything; or put a 10/10 colorless Elemental creature token onto the battlefield tapped; or you get an emblem with ":12M:: Target player loses the game, spend at least two mana of each color to activate this ability."
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Sign In to post comments