Making a Black/ Green deck...

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Skullbriar, the Walking Grave is going to be the "Commander".

41 creatures
Gleancrawler 
Savra, Queen of the Golgari
Master of the Wild Hunt 
Thragtusk
Disciple of Bolas
Oracle of Mul Daya
Avenger of Zendikar
Paleoloth 
Spearbreaker Behemoth
Solemn Simulacrum
Fleshbag Marauder 
Slum Reaper 
Predator Ooze 
Ulvenwald Tracker 
Woodfall Primus
Terastodon
Puppeteer Clique
Triskelion
Mephidross Vampire
Fauna Shaman
Eternal Witness
Doomed Necromancer
Apprentice Necromancer
Sheoldred, Whispering One
Sylvok Replica 
Yavimaya Elder
Sakura-Tribe Elder 
Hag Hedge-Mage
Acidic Slime
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
Avenger of Zendikar
Coffin Queen
Necrotic Ooze
Chainer, Dementia Master
Braids, Cabal Minion
Deranged Hermit 
Ant Queen
Dimir House Guard
Rune-Scarred Demon
Magus of the Coffers 
seedborn muse  

15 spells
Life From the Loam
Decree of Savagery
Exsanguinate
Tooth and Nail
Treacherous Urge
Realms Uncharted
Demonic tutor
Crop Rotation
Vampiric Tutor
Worldly Tutor
Soul's Majesty
Green Sun's Zenith
Chord of Calling
Explosive Vegetation
Jarad's Orders

3 plainswalkers
Garruk, Primal Hunter
Liliana of the Veil
Vraska the Unseen  

6 Artifacts
Loxodon Warhammer
Sensei's Divining Top 
Sol Ring 
Birthing Pod 
Mimic Vat  
Crucible of Worlds

Enchanments 8
Lurking Predators 
Beastmaster Ascension
Death's Presence 
Greater Good 
Animate Dead
Bloodchief Ascension
Necropotence
Survival of the Fittest

lands 40
Cabal Coffers
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Gaea's Cradle
Arena 
Winding Canyons
verdant catacombs
Jund Panorama
Bojuka Bog
Terramorphic Expanse
Mosswort Bridge
Terrain Generator

Noticed [C]Glissa, the Traitor[/C] in your starting list & wanted to comment.

One of my first attempts at an EDH deck was Glissa, and it fared very poorly because I didn't play to her strengths and instead tried to build a "good stuff" deck (never mind that I didn't own much in the way of truly good stuff at the time). I ended up dismantling it after one or two games because I wasn't happy with it. 

A year or two later, I took another stab at it and now Glissa is one of my favorite commanders. Thing is, Glissa is one of those generals that demand that you cater to her abilities. Yeah, you can throw her in a Skullbriar deck. A first strike deathtoucher isn't anything to sneeze at, and you'll occasionally reap the benefit of her other ability. But to really unlock her full potential, you want to make her the general and build around her. She wants 3 things:

1. A lot of ways to kill opponent's dudes. Removal spells. More of your own creatures with deathtouch, or ways to grant it to them. Even sweepers, though it generally means you'll have to replay Glissa; she still triggers even if she's dying along with the rest of the board.

2. A lot of artifacts... but not just any artifacts. Sure, powerful rares like [C]Platinum Angel[/C] or [C]Wurmcoil Engine[/C] or [C]Blightsteel Colussus[/C] are the bomb, but Glissa can make commons like [C]Moriok Replica[/C] and [C]Horizon Spellbomb[/C] shine. Stuff that you sac yourself for gain and then get back. 

3. Self-mill. When Glissa is around, your GY is just an extension of your library. [C]Jarad's Orders[/C] and [C]Buried Alive[/C] are tutors. You just have to have answers for graveyard hate.

Skullbriar is good, but in my opinion Glissa is better, and doesn't belong in a Skullbriar deck. She should get to command her own 99. 
Glissa Might be a good Commander, but I use to Thraximundar, Which lets you get in there for beats. I don't like it that a deck needs to be built around the "Commander" really there should be some things that interact with it, but cards need to be powerful one there own.

There are very few cards in a deck that should be used just becuase most of your deck can combo with it to make it insane I.E. Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker  and Omniscience. Which can be terrible top deck cards, but add any X, Y, or Z spell and they go though the roof in power and you almost can win with them in one to two turns.
Just from my own experience; (I went top 8 at my last tournament with Skullbriar); SPEED is paramount. You really need to focus your build to get skullbriar out fast and to stack him with counters as fast as possible. Support him with a little evasion or some nice board wipe. Skullbriar is absolutely NASTY as aggro and IMHO far too weak when he's slow.

Depending on whether or not you want to run him in a tourny, some of the cards you have are on some of the banned lists. (Sol Ring, Sensei's Top, Crucible)  Honestly, if you build focused aggro, you really wont miss them much.

Get some early mana acceleration in there to enable a turn one drop and swing. (Lotus petal, Chrome Mox, Elvish spirit guide.) Another good card is Ashnod's Transmogrant to drop another counter fast. Cards like Dragon Blood, Power Conduit (+Plague Boiler is fun times), and any number of Spike-(creature type) creatures, Forgotten Ancient, keep the counters coming. Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord (sacrifice outlet and alternate win condition).  Mine is heavy on varieties of CC=3 zombie lords as well as they often pump power and can give him deathtouch, swampwalk, regeneration, etc and return him from the grave. (use the grave a bit as well to return him to play instead of recasting him from the EDH zone if you can pull it off...)  

Keep your curve low, your foot on the gas, hit them like a mack truck and watch them ask you what happened. (It especially tends to get under the radar of alot of control builds that way...)
I have 14 cards to many and I wouldn't mind to make the deck faster I just would like to have a late game plan.

I was really into the interaction between grave pact and master of the wild hunt, so I might take out some cards like Fauna Shaman and Survival of the Fittest.

Jarad's Orders might be bad... since it cost 2 mana to much. Is Mana Reflectionworth it??
Is Mana Reflectionworth it??

It's on the staple list, if that matters to you.  And it doubles anything you use to produce mana(not just +1 like most, and not just lands), so that's good.  I guess I'm trying to say, yes, it's worth it.