Dwarven Earthstrength Warden - Rare Item suggestions?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi,

I am playing a level 6 Dwarven Earthstrength Warden and our DM just told us that we might add ONE rare item to our item wish list.
My current wishlist abides to his max 50% uncommon items rule:

Weapon: Guardians Call - level 2+ common
Armor: Lifefont Armor - level 4+ uncommon
Neck: Cloak of the Walking Wounded - level 4+ uncommon
Shield/Arms: Hammer Shield - level 8 uncommon
Feet: Boots of Quickness - level 8+ common
Hands: Parry Gauntlets - level 5 common
Head: Helm of Opportunity - level 4+ common
Belt: Belt of Blood - level 8 common, Belt of Mountain Endurance - level 18 common
Tatto: Ironheart Tattoo - level 8

Any ideas on what item I should swap out with an rare item? Focus is on surviveability. I have Dwarven Weapon training, but hammers/axes are no must, I could also use a sword and retrain the feat.

Thanks for any help!
If this goes for the whole party, get everyone to take a Fortune Stone.  They're awesome.  Otherwise, Dice of Auspicious Fortune, maybe Rings - winter, invisibility, flight etc etc.  There's quite a lot of nice rare Ring slots.  But really, given that you've filled all the main slots apart from rings, you're probably looking at wondrous items.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Yeah, fortune stones are awesome if you can get your whole team to ask for them, but they are level 12, so you may not get them for a while.

Maybe instead of Helm of Opportunity, ask for a Helm of Seven Deaths.

One of my favorite rares for a campaign is Map of Unseen Lands. Since you are likely trained in Nature and Perception, it might work quite well for you.

Side note, why Hammer Shield and not Iron Armbands? 
The Hammer Shield is a practically always on bonus, since all you have to do is hit with a weapon power. However, earthstrength wardens, particularly as they get to paragon, are doing so many close bursts and blasts, that the IAoP are pretty situational. I ran a 16th level ES warden in a delve recently, and wasn't going to single target melee attacks until round 3 in many cases.

YMMV, I suppose.
As JRedGiant1 pointed out correctly, the shield will be active almost always and my warden needs everybit of defense he can get. The stones are pretty good suggestions, is it possible to have more than one of the same version and still trigger the set bonus? (e.g. 3 Earth Stones, 1 Fire Stone, 1 Wind Stone)

Cheers,
Michael
In the example you describe above, the reroll bonus would be +5, counting each of the stones.
But do note that you count the number of people with stones, not the absolute number OF stones.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.