Redlettermedia

105 posts / 0 new
Last post
This always makes me lol. If you've never seen it enjoy!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h06WKYFYdlo

<----- Loser.

I enjoyed Generations, Had alot of great moments. Data definitly had the best line, I wont repeat it I think its a CoC violation, but im sure you all know the one I mean. 

But Undiscoverd Country? Now that one sucked. First off Klingons have purple blood? since when? Klingons never ever had purple blood, except in that movie for whatever reason. Another thing that sucks about it is it dont fit in with the rest, Star Treks 2-5 all went together, one begining where the other left off, then along comes 6 and all a sudden Spock is an Amasador, Sulu is captain of the Excelsior!? When the hell did that happen? Just seems like we're missin out on something, like there shoulda been another movie in there or something, knowhatimena? 
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Yeah, I just watched Generations again the other day and it held up.  That one was pretty good, IMO.  I mean, Stewart and MacDowell?  That's a hell of a cast.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

If you think Generations is a good movie you have like 0 taste. Period.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
I said 'pretty good'.  And you can't knock the cast.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

The acting isn't the problem.

The plot is.

The dialog is terrible.

It was like a season 1 -3 TNG episode at best.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
Gurl, you cray-cray. 

Section Six Soldier

The acting isn't the problem.

The plot is.

The dialog is terrible.

It was like a season 1 -3 TNG episode at best.

And still better than Star Bores 1-6.

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
HA you wish.

I'd take Episode 1 the worst of the prequels over, all but First Contact of the TNG movies.
That's pretty sorry dude.

To say nothing of the travesty known as Voyager, and Enterprise.

Star Trek was so bad, that not even CBS was going to accept the status quo anymore.
ST is so bad it killed Paramount Studios.

Also, arguing which of the these two scifis is the best of the pair, is like watching and debating the special olympics at this point. Both of them are still tards at the end of it.

Good Sci fi doesn't have ST, or SW as it's initials.
Firefly! 
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
Hey Star Bores fans, two words: Christmas Special.  Now kindly shut up.

Section Six Soldier

Oh yeah? I have two words for you champ.
Angel One
IMAGE(http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x14/angelone_hd_184.jpg)
blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-reviews/tn...
Have you actually seen the Christmas Special?  I guess not.  I mean, if you had you'd understand you have nothing in the way of an argument against Trek. 

Section Six Soldier

Just look at that picture in the above post. QED.

You're done.
So you haven't seen the special.  That's too bad.  We could have saved so much time had you been properly educated. 

Section Six Soldier

Just look at that picture in the above post. QED.

You're done.

I see two girls and one guy, the way it should be. Compare that to Star Bores' incestuous sausage-fest...
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Heh, I forgot about the incest - what with all the racism.  ;)

Section Six Soldier

Heh, I forgot about the incest - what with all the racism.  ;)

Star Bores is overall very forgetable. 

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Yup.  And that's kinda scary.  I mean, something that devotes that much to advocating racism, stereotyping and incest should be memorable.  It's what humanity shouldn't be.  We forget to easily.  Lucas is one incredible bastard.

Section Six Soldier

rlm cutting up star wars.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1MqksXm6Zs

<----- Loser.

Actually I believe last time I brought up the Christmas Special as proof that Star Wars is better, Trek didnt even do a Christmas Special, godless heathens!
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

Actually I believe last time I brought up the Christmas Special as proof that Star Wars is better, Trek didnt even do a Christmas Special, godless heathens!

Spock was a real scrooge about the whole project so is was scrapped for being "Not logical"

<----- Loser.

Star Trek gave us Neelix, and Dr Flox.
That's proof that ST is more horrible than SW.
Star Trek gave us Neelix, and Dr Flox.
That's proof that ST is more horrible than SW.

Jar Jar begs to differ.

<----- Loser.

You only have roughly 2.5 hours of Jar Jar existing (all 3 films combined) vs 7 Seasons of Neelix footage. and 4 for Failerprise with Dr Flox.

And don't say Jar Jar is worse. You clearly have blocked out the painful trauma of seeing Neelix for more than 3 seconds.
I don't know, I was able to block out neelix and phlox, Jar Jar got under my skin and made me queezy.

<----- Loser.

Think of it this way, Jar Jar is the upper limit of mental trauma that you can actually remember. Anything worse than Jar Jar, you either become innured to (due to length of exposure), or so scarred that you bury it deep.

If it weren't for the fact that I recently attempted watching Voyager, I'd have been worried about possible deep buried psychoses caused by Neelix's existence and the knowledge that some human being really thought that, that abomination's story needed to be told.
Think of it this way, Jar Jar is the upper limit of mental trauma that you can actually remember. Anything worse than Jar Jar, you either become innured to (due to length of exposure), or so scarred that you bury it deep.

If it weren't for the fact that I recently attempted watching Voyager, I'd have been worried about possible deep buried psychoses caused by Neelix's existence and the knowledge that some human being really thought that, that abomination's story needed to be told.

Voyager it's self was an abomination though.

<----- Loser.

Voyager wasnt all that bad, there was some good episodes. My favorite was the one were the Asian dude died, what was his name? Kim or something? Anyway he died and they ended up picking up another one from an alternate timeline, just kinda amused me watching any episodes after that one knowing that that wasnt the "real" Kim.
He characters were weak, and most of the writting was bland at best.

<----- Loser.

You only have roughly 2.5 hours of Jar Jar existing (all 3 films combined) vs 7 Seasons of Neelix footage. and 4 for Failerprise with Dr Flox.

And don't say Jar Jar is worse. You clearly have blocked out the painful trauma of seeing Neelix for more than 3 seconds.

You're leaving ot the other annoying characters, like Anakin as a child, and Anakin as an annoying older child. Hell, the only time he was not annoying is when he got turned into Darth Vader. Also, Yoda... that guy was annoying. What the hell? Everyone else spoke perfect English except him. It's like he was retarded. 

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

You're leaving ot the other annoying characters, like Anakin as a child, and Anakin as an annoying older child. Hell, the only time he was not annoying is when he got turned into Darth Vader. Also, Yoda... that guy was annoying. What the hell? Everyone else spoke perfect English except him. It's like he was retarded. 

I left out the other ones.  Janeway, The Ocampa, The Kazon, Ensign Kim, Chakotay, Captain Archer, Chief engineer Tucker, Tpal, Mayweather, Hoshi.  

Anyone in seasons 1 through 3 of TNG
Wesley Crusher there after.

Rom, Leeta and Esri from DS9.

You were saying?

Proof that Star Wars is superior: even in dedicated Star Trek threads you can't help but talk about it

Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png

I left out the other ones.  Janeway, The Ocampa, The Kazon, Ensign Kim, Chakotay, Captain Archer, Chief engineer Tucker, Tpal, Mayweather, Hoshi.  

Anyone in seasons 1 through 3 of TNG
Wesley Crusher there after.

Rom, Leeta and Esri from DS9.

You were saying?

How about Boba Fett? The bounty hunter that does absolutely squat didly, and is idolized by Star Bore fans. The most exciting thing he did was fall into a pit and die.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Star Wars is a superior failure, that's for sure.

That is very true. Good point.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
 How about Boba Fett? The bounty hunter that does absolutely squat didly, and is idolized by Star Bore fans. The most exciting thing he did was fall into a pit and die.

The thing about Fett was he looked cool, you dont have to do anything as long as you look really cool, the cooler you look the less you have to do. And he said even little, he has that air of mystery about him. 

That and he was soooo adorable in Attack of the Clones! 

The thing about Fett was he looked cool, you dont have to do anything as long as you look really cool, the cooler you look the less you have to do. And he said even little, he has that air of mystery about him. 

That and he was soooo adorable in Attack of the Clones! 

Uh, no, Boba Fett did not look cool. He looked like he was homeless. There was no air of mystery around him. He was a rejected storm trooper that stood around doing othing, and was submissive to a fat tape worm.

And it's a good thing he didn't get any lines. What would an incompetant bounty hunter that did nothing have to say? "I... didn't catch him... again."

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
"Sorry I tried to shoot him, but I forgot to charge up my lazer"  - Boba Fett.

"I will lay eggs in your stomach for this!"  - Fat Tape Worm.

<----- Loser.

I like Star Wars for rust and ruggedness of the world and the props without being depressing post apo, action scenes, next to none technobabble (seriously, who likes that?) and a story that, while simple, still has some depth. Oh, and I don't really care about the EU, I'm a surface/casual fan.
Star Trek always appeared to me as "boring people talking pseudo-science nonsense in the same clean fake ship; sometimes they talk on fake alien plates".

I never liked sci fi that much, I admit
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
I like Star Wars for rust and ruggedness of the world

The original 3, I might give you that, but the last three made, everyThing was green screened.
and the props

It's star wars. There is nothing else but props and effects.
without being depressing post apo, action scenes, next to none technobabble (seriously, who likes that?)

That would have taken more creativity than Lucas ever had.
and a story that, while simple, still has some depth.

About as much depth as a tea spoon.
Oh, and I don't really care about the EU, I'm a surface/casual fan.

It still makes you a loser.
Star Trek always appeared to me as "boring people talking pseudo-science nonsense in the same clean fake ship; sometimes they talk on fake alien plates".

I never liked sci fi that much, I admit

You've made that BUNDANTLY CLEAR BY LIKING sTAR bORES.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Instead of "boring techno bable" you have incipide pseudo-religious inspirational non-sense. That rot kid's minds and does not inspire them to become actual scientist. Thye just start smoking crack or take classes as engineers.

Still sore?
Also, engineers > scientists: they solve practical problems.