The Creature Type Game

376 posts / 0 new
Last post
We go through the list of creature types alphabetically!

Advisor, Ally, Angel, Anteater, Antelope, Ape, Archer, Archon, Artificer, Assassin, Assembly-Worker, Atog, Aurochs, Avatar.
Badger, Barbarian, Basilisk, Bat, Bear, Beast, Beeble, Berserker, Bird, Blinkmoth, Boar, Bringer, Brushwagg.
Camarid, Camel, Caribou, Carrier, Cat, Centaur, Cephalid, Chimera, Citizen, Cleric, Cockatrice, Construct, Coward, Crab, Crocodile, Cyclops.
Dauthi, Demon, Deserter, Devil, Djinn, Dragon, Drake, Dreadnought, Drone, Druid, Dryad, Dwarf.
Efreet, Elder, Eldrazi, Elemental, Elephant, Elf, Elk, Eye.
Faerie, Ferret, Fish, Flagbearer, Fox, Frog, Fungus.
Gargoyle, Germ, Giant, Gnome, Goat, Goblin, Golem, Gorgon, Graveborn, Gremlin, Griffin.
Hag, Harpy, Hellion, Hippo, Hippogriff, Homarid, Homunculus, Horror, Horse, Hound, Human, Hydra, Hyena.
Illusion, Imp, Incarnation, Insect.
Jellyfish, Juggernaut.
Kavu, Kirin, Kithkin, Knight, Kobold, Kor, Kraken.
Lammasu, Leech, Leviathan, Lhurgoyf, Licid, Lizard.
Manticore, Masticore, Mercenary, Merfolk, Metathran, Minion, Minotaur, Monger, Mongoose, Monk, Moonfolk, Mutant, Myr, Mystic.
Nautilus, Nephilim, Nightmare, Nightstalker, Ninja, Noggle, Nomad.
Octopus, Ogre, Ooze, Orb, Orc, Orgg, Ouphe, Ox, Oyster.
Pegasus, Pentavite, Pest, Phelddagrif, Phoenix, Pincher, Pirate, Plant, Praetor, Prism.
Rabbit, Rat, Rebel, Reflection, Rhino, Rigger, Rogue.
Salamander, Samurai, Sand, Saproling, Satyr, Scarecrow, Scorpion, Scout, Serf, Serpent, Shade, Shaman, Shapeshifter, Sheep, Siren, Skeleton, Slith, Sliver, Slug, Snake, Soldier, Soltari, Spawn, Specter, Spellshaper, Sphinx, Spider, Spike, Spirit, Splinter, Sponge, Squid, Squirrel, Starfish, Surrakar, Survivor.
Tetravite, Thalakos, Thopter, Thrull, Treefolk, Triskelavite, Troll, Turtle.
Unicorn.
Vampire, Vedalken, Viashino, Volver.
Wall, Warrior, Weird, Werewolf, Whale, Wizard, Wolf, Wolverine, Wombat, Worm, Wraith, Wurm.
Yeti.
Zombie, Zubera.

PORTRAIT OF A PLANESWALKER – Coming October 13th, 2013

IMAGE(http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/385.gif)

Sage Advice
Tribal Sorcery – Advisor
Draw two cards. Then discard two cards unless you control an Advisor.

Next up: Ally!

Yay, another game!

Ondu Storyweaver
Creature - Human Scout Ally (R)
: You may put an Ally card with converted mana cost less than or equal to the number of Allies you control from your hand onto the battlefield.
2/3

Angel time! 

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Angel of Death
Creature – Angel
Flying, deathtouch, lifelink
Pay 4 life: Angel of Death gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
4/4

Next up: Anteater!

Ethel the Aardvark |
Legendary Creature -- Anteater
, You may search your library for an artifact card with converted mana cost equal to or less than the number of lands you control.  Reveal that card and put it into your hand.  If you do, shuffle your library.
"Ethel the Aardvark was trotting down the lane one lovely summer day, trottety-trot, trottety-trot..."
-- Ethel the Aardvark Goes Quantity Surveying, Vol. 1

Next: Antelope!

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Brighthart Guardian
Creature - Antelope (U)
Whenever an Aura becomes attached to Brighthart Guardian, you gain life equal to that Aura's converted mana cost.
"Give a gift to the guardian, and your fortune will be unwavering." -Renean teaching
1/1

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Fendar, Gorilla Warlord 
Legendary Creature - Ape (R)
Other Gorilla creatures you control get +2/+2.
Gorilla creatures you control can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.
When he's angry, the entire pack will follow his lead. And then destroy everything in sight. 
-Olen, sole survivor of the Discovery expedition.
3/3

Go go, Archers! 
Won a TPmanW contest with Demonic Arbitrator. (see below) My username is a simple continued fraction. Look it up. My favorite cards I've made:
Show
Æther Rider Creatuere - Spirit (U) Vanishing 0 (This permanent enters the battlefield with zero time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) Flying : Put a time counter on ~. Any player may activate this ability. It comes on the wind, from realms unknown. 2/2 Kaldurian Behemoth Creature - Beast (R) Mana produced by lands may not be used to pay ~'s mana cost. Trample On Kalduria, the beasts are too good to eat common grass. 10/10 Demonic Arbitrator Sorcery Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. If any player paid life, repeat this process. If a player paid more life in total than any other, that player searches his or her library for a card and puts that card into his or her hand. Then that player shuffles his or her library. "Your sacrifice has been judged worthy. What power do you require?"
Songbow Archer
Creature - Human Archer [Uncommon]
Reach
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, Songbow Archer deals 1 damage to each creature with flying and each opponent.
Her hymns are arrows of fire.
3/2
Archon of Submission
Creature - Archon (R)
Flying
Whenever a creature an opponent controls attacks or blocks, put a -1/-1 counter on it.
6/6

All I want for Christmas is an artificer. 

Here's your present:

Crogkar, Master Machinist 
Legendary Creature - Human Artificer
Whenever ~ or another Artificer enters the battlefield under your control, you may search your library for an artifact with converted mana cost X, where X is the number of Artificers you control, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
His lab is famed across the planet for the incredible variety of its creations. 
2/2 
Won a TPmanW contest with Demonic Arbitrator. (see below) My username is a simple continued fraction. Look it up. My favorite cards I've made:
Show
Æther Rider Creatuere - Spirit (U) Vanishing 0 (This permanent enters the battlefield with zero time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) Flying : Put a time counter on ~. Any player may activate this ability. It comes on the wind, from realms unknown. 2/2 Kaldurian Behemoth Creature - Beast (R) Mana produced by lands may not be used to pay ~'s mana cost. Trample On Kalduria, the beasts are too good to eat common grass. 10/10 Demonic Arbitrator Sorcery Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. If any player paid life, repeat this process. If a player paid more life in total than any other, that player searches his or her library for a card and puts that card into his or her hand. Then that player shuffles his or her library. "Your sacrifice has been judged worthy. What power do you require?"
Thanks! I will cherish it forever.

Contract Assassin
Creature - Human Assassin (R)
: Destroy target creature if it's the target of another spell or ability.
"Give an ogre an axe, and he'll get the job done eventually. Give me a name, and I'll get it done yesterday."
1/1

Assembly-Worker wants a nonland friend! 

Mana Worker
Artifact Creature – Assembly-Worker
: Add to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if you control another artifact.
1/1

Next up: Atog! 

I'm just gonna go the obvious route on this one.

Sparkatog
Creature - Atog (R)
Sacrifice a planeswalker: Sparkatog gets +5/+5 until end of turn.
3/3 

You can never have too many Aurochs. 

Segregation Advocate
Creature Auroch Advocate
Flying
Creatures may not attack unless defending players control lands which produce mana of their colors
~"insect, frog, zombie, shade . . . " -Cliff Note Taker
(2/2)

snakes, why did it have to be snakes ?
NO WAR

They've killed Fritz
I've been shadow banned by youtube my comments only show when I'm logged

does any see my comment here ?

Matt_Holck, please-please-please finally start reading the opening posts of threads (which always contain the rules for contests + games!) before posting random things, just as other people have already told you! Look, you were supposed to design a "Creature - Auroch" with auroch-like abilities, and the next player is supposed to design a "Creature - Avatar" instead of snakes..

Oh, the players might be interested in another thread where you're supposed to design lords for each creature type..
Also, the singular of "aurochs" is "aurochs."

Edit: Why does my autocard link to the Ice Age edition which uses the nonexistant word "auroch" in the flavor text? D: The theme deck version fixes this.

Are you sure? Early MtG cards had pretty strange type-lines with plurals..
Are you sure? Early MtG cards had pretty strange type-lines with plurals..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurochs

Thank you for that link! ^.^
to my understanding... we're on avatar:

Child of the Glen
Creature - Elemental Avatar
Flash, flying
Chroma - Child of the Glen's power is equal to the number of Swamps you control.
Chroma - Child of the Glen's toughness is equal to the number of Islands you control.
*/*

next: Badger

Child of the Glen
Flash, flying
Chroma - Child of the Glen's power is equal to the number of Swamps you control.
Chroma - Child of the Glen's toughness is equal to the number of Islands you control.
*/*

That is not how Chroma works.
Badger
Creature Badger
forest walk, planes walk, non-basic land walk
~"some creature adopt to civilization"
(2/3)

a chimera
NO WAR

They've killed Fritz

It's alphabetical, Holck.

Rakdos's Lieutenant --
Creature -- Demon Barbarian
Unleash, undying
As long as Rakdos's Lieutenant has "This creature can't block," it has haste.
3/3

Next up: Basilisk!

Highland Basilisk -- 2GR
Creature--Basilisk
First strike, deathtouch
3/2

And next we have bats! 
Bloodsucker Bat 
Creature - Bat
Flying
Other Bat creatures you control get +1/+1 and have lifelink.
Whenever a Bat creature enters the battlefield under your control, target player loses X life and you gain X life, where X is the number of Bat creatures you control.
They fly through the night, latch on to a helpless victim and remove the blood, one drop at a time.
1/1

Time for the bears! 
Show
Baby Bear 
Creature - Bear
Other bear creatures you control get +1/+1 when they block and must block if able.
0/1

EDIT: Oh right, and it's beasts next. 
Fluffils |
Creature - Beast
Haste
~ is unblockable. Put a -1/-1 counter on ~ during your upkeep.
1/1

NEXT:AMAZINGBERSERKERSAREAMZING! ya but no it's actually beebles.
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
My People Tallies
MagicPablo666: 1 ChaosLight: 1

Child of the Glen
Flash, flying
*/*

That is not how Chroma works.

wow
so isn't
oops
haha -- random mistake
Bumbling Beebles

Creature-Beeble
Bumbling Beebles is unblockable unless defending player controls an artifact or enchantment.
After they fell onto his lover's head, Ingleman invented a better umbrella.
2/1

NEXT: A Beserker comes, killing all the beebles! 
Rampaging Giant 
Creature - Berserker Giant
Cumulative Upkeep , trample, haste
Whenever ~ is blocked it gets +3/+0 for each creature blocking it.
4/4

Birds next. 
Flock of Feathers
Tribal Sorcery – Bird
Put three 1/1 white and blue Bird creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield. 

Next up: Blinkmoth! 

Nexus Servant
Artifact Creature - Blinkmoth
Flying
Nexus servant is indestructible.
0/1

Next: Boar
An excellent take on Darksteel Myr. Well done.

Murtaugh Boar
Creature – Boar
Murtaugh Boar is indestructible while attacking.
2/1

Next up: Bringer! 

Bringer of the White Dusk
Artifact Creature - Bringer (R)
You may pay rather than pay Bringer of the White Dusk's mana cost.
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, put a 1/1 colorless Myr artifact creature token onto the battlefield for each creature that player controls.
5/5

And now it's time for what we've all been waiting for... a brushwagg! 

conbustable brushwag
creature brushwag
+1/+0
when conbustable brushwag is (blocking or blocked) it gets -1/+1
(creatures with negative power do no damage)
0/2

an orc
NO WAR

They've killed Fritz

Learned Brushwagg 
Creature - Brushwagg
Whenever a Brushwagg you control blocks or becomes blocked, you may choose a number X which is no greater than the number of Brushwaggs you control. If you do, the creature gets -X/+X.
"My training has allowed me to control the release of quills for maximum effect. My clan, you too can learn."
2/2 

Camarids are next. 
Show
Moulting Camarid 2U
~ enters the battlefield with 3 moulting counters on it.
Remove a moulting counter from ~ at the beginning of each upkeep.
When ~ has no moulting counters it gets +1/+5
2/1

Camel next.
Manahump Camel
Creature – Camel
Whenever an Island enters the battlefield under your control, put a hydration counter on Manahump Camel.
Remove a hydration counter from Manahump Camel: Add to your mana pool.
1/1

Next up: Caribou! 

Caribou Coffee |
Tribal Sorcery -- Caribou
Caribou creatures you control gain double strike and haste until end of turn.

Next: Carrier!

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Black Plague
Tribal Instant – Carrier
Non-Carrier creatures get -2/-2 until end of turn.

Next up: Cat!

Nacatl Flesh-Hunter
Creature - Zombie Cat Warrior (U)
Haste, intimidate
2/1 

Centaur time!