Tin Solider Factory (Merry Christmas!)

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tin Soldier Factory
Artifact

Soldiers get +1/+1

Put a 1/4 colorless Solider artifact creature token with vigilance onto the battlefield.  Activate this ability only if you have gained 3 or more life this turn.
It's ridiculously OP, and needs an activation cost, but I love the concept

And Merry Christmas to you, too!

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Very strange combination of abilities, especially the random life-gain restriction bothers me.. They're surprisingly resilient for simple toy soldiers, do they really need 4-5 points of toughness?
having 1 appear a turn matches the the regularity of marching

Glass Blower
Creature Dwarf
put an ornament counter or target forest
Tap an untapped forest with with a ornament counter on it: Remove the counter
That forest does 2 points of damage to target creature or player.
~"if you ask me, he's just a lot of hot air" -Urlock
(1/2)
They're surprisingly resilient for simple toy soldiers, do they really need 4-5 points of toughness?

Urza, knowing how children tend to treat their toys, would always run his tin soldiers through the gamut of durability tests before giving them away as gifts ;)

Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD

Build Around This
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
That's where they come from! ^.^ I expected another one of the many random + alternate creature tokens that the people in the YMTC forum are inventing constantly..
Very strange combination of abilities, especially the random life-gain restriction bothers me.. They're surprisingly resilient for simple toy soldiers, do they really need 4-5 points of toughness?

They're made of tin, not flesh, so a little resilance wouldn't hurt.  They're essentially all clones of Yotian Soldier (or the thrice-reprinted Standing Troops, except for the artifact part).
My first intention was true, you invented the creature tokens, even though they already exist.. Edit: Oh, you just edited the post, nevermind then!

Thanks.  I had thought the restriction on playability (it can't be activated unless a spell that gives you life gain has been played, or you have a creature out with Lifelink or some other form of auto-life gain) would compensate for the low cost.

On the Glass Blower card, shouldn't it be an Elf?  
they tried to hire elves, but their surface aera to mass ratio was too high for elves to stand over the fire

Thanks.  I had thought the restriction on playability (it can't be activated unless a spell that gives you life gain has been played, or you have a creature out with Lifelink or some other form of auto-life gain) would compensate for the low cost.

Basically, if it's not in a deck built around life gain, it won't activate.  If it is in a deck built around life gain, the restriction isn't noticeable.  The only thing it's doing is restricting the kind of deck the card can be constructed in, not compensating for an activation cost.

Personally, I'd drop the CMC to , remove the restriction, and make the activation cost , no tap.  (The cost produced by the full 3-land Urzatron).

Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD

Build Around This
they tried to hire elves, but their surface aera to mass ratio was too high for elves to stand over the fire

Santa's Elves
Creature-Elf
: Put an ornament counter on target Forest or Treefolk
, Remove five ornament counters from target Forest or Treefolk: Put a star counter on target Treefolk or Forest
As long as a Treefolk or Forest has a star counter, there is peace on earth (When there is peace on earth, creatures can't attack)
1/2
Druids had great respect for the winter soltice. It marked the return of daylight with life to follow

Winter Druid
Players with creatures required to attack may choose not to attack with those creatures
~"in the darkest days, gifts were given to quell cabin fever "
(1/1)
Sign In to post comments