emrakul, ulamog & kozliek

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tried posting on different forum for card discussion wouldn't let me. Anyway, can anyone tell me why the value of these 3 giants from ROE has doubled in the passed week? $30. I'm not complaint I own some I'm just curious. Can't find anything about it.
because noone is opening ROE boosters anymore
proud member of the 2011 community team
Makes sense I guess. But the only other card that went up in ROE is all is dust. Do you think omniscience has anything to do with it or any other cheat out creature cards or just the fact people are done with it?
Are they considered collector cards now? Not saying they are going to be anywhere near black lotus status lol
EDH. Basically, RtR has pulled in so many new players at kitchen tables in the last three months that most of the EDH and Modern stuff has jumped through the roof (seriously, go look at the price of the blue Zendikar fetches over the past month). It's a case of More Casual Players = Big Price Rise in Casual Staples.
Plus, Emmy is still a good Show and Tell target in Vintage and Legacy.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
I saw a modern deck using Ulamog's Crusher as it's win condition, dropping it consistantly on turn 4. Pretty spooky.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
For giggles...

I could throw Geist of Saint Traft in there too.
End story = If it's good in Modern, it's gone through the roof in the last three months.

For giggles...

I could throw Geist of Saint Traft in there too.
End story = If it's good in Modern, it's gone through the roof in the last three months.

One of these cards is not like the others, one of these cards doesn't belong (in modern).
EDH. Basically, RtR has pulled in so many new players at kitchen tables in the last three months that most of the EDH and Modern stuff has jumped through the roof (seriously, go look at the price of the blue Zendikar fetches over the past month). It's a case of More Casual Players = Big Price Rise in Casual Staples.
Plus, Emmy is still a good Show and Tell target in Vintage and Legacy.

That reminds me. I've started calling Clone Shell Mr. Roboto.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
One of these cards is not like the others, one of these cards doesn't belong (in modern).

True dat. But, boy... if it was legal in Modern, it would most certainly be good!

Good data. As a professional data analyst, dirty stuff like that makes my winky happy.

Also, interesting trend. In most other markets an increased market size results in increased competition and overall awareness of prices, usually resulting in lower prices for the consumer as shops are forced to decrease profit margins but offset with increased overall sales.

But the secondary magic market has just said balls to that and increased prices even further and just decided to rake it in.

I might just stop buying singles altogther, those people clearly suck.

I want to be Cultured.
Also, interesting trend. In most other markets an increased market size results in increased competition and overall awareness of prices, usually resulting in lower prices for the consumer as shops are forced to decrease profit margins but offset with increased overall sales.

But the secondary magic market has just said balls to that and increased prices even further and just decided to rake it in.

What? You're saying that increasing demand while supply remains static should result in a decrease in prices? Modern is a format that currently has a finite supply. This is especially true for any given store. There are only so many of each card at any given store and if a large percentage of their consumers suddenly become interested of course they're going to raise prices.

It's not like they're going to just start cracking boxes of Ravnica to open more Dark Confidants. 
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)

What? You're saying that increasing demand while supply remains static should result in a decrease in prices? Modern is a format that currently has a finite supply. This is especially true for any given store. There are only so many of each card at any given store and if a large percentage of their consumers suddenly become interested of course they're going to raise prices.

It's not like they're going to just start cracking boxes of Ravnica to open more Dark Confidants. 

Sounds like Republican logic.

What a stupid thing to say.  Inflammatory statements without a supporting argument is akin to saying nothing at all.  Like so much hot air.

It's actually basic economics.  When demand increases, so does the price.  Shortages and surpluses drive price.  The field of economics doesn't take moral viewpoints into account.  The only way prices will go down on certain cards is if demand decreases or if supply increases.  Now, that doesn't erase the possible influence of greed or manipulation by retailers, but it's a tough accusation to prove.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

What a stupid thing to say.  Inflammatory statements without a supporting argument is akin to saying nothing at all.  Like so much hot air.

It's actually basic economics.  When demand increases, so does the price.  Shortages and surpluses drive price.  The field of economics doesn't take moral viewpoints into account.  The only way prices will go down on certain cards is if demand decreases or if supply increases.  Now, that doesn't erase the possible influence of greed or manipulation by retailers, but it's a tough accusation to prove.

The support was already there.  Sorry to offend you.

No. This wasn't doodled on a napkin in the 70s.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

This.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Sign In to post comments