Sorcerer Secondary Attacks

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
One of my players brought this up, and I just said yes to it.  I couldn't find anything against it after a search.

Say, chaos bolt or chains of fire.  Both have a secondary attack that does d* damage.  The question was: "Do I add my enhancement and Chaos Power to it?"  Now, I said yes.  But the builder does not do it in the power card.  I checked the errata, and there's almost nothing about sorcerers in it. 

Still, the player hesitates about it.  I told him I would ask here.  Was I wrong?

~Cliff
No you were not wrong. Bonuses apply to every damage roll of a power, including secondaries.

The Character Builder does not properly add bonuses to secondary attack and damage rolls, only to primary ones.

RC 222 Modifiers To Damage Rolls: Also an attack power might contain multiple damage rolls, such as a melee attack against multiple targets. If a creature has a bonus to damage rolls and uses such power, the creature applies the bonus to every damage roll of that power.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Alright, thanks.
Keep in mind that this also applies the secondaries that are automatic damage as well (For instance Flame Spiral).
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
No you were not wrong. Bonuses apply to every damage roll of a power, including secondaries.

The Character Builder does not properly add bonuses to secondary attack and damage rolls, only to primary ones.

RC 222 Modifiers To Damage Rolls: Also an attack power might contain multiple damage rolls, such as a melee attack against multiple targets. If a creature has a bonus to damage rolls and uses such power, the creature applies the bonus to every damage roll of that power.

And not always to all primary ones ...
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.