Berserker Rage king of th one hit kills.

88 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was playing Berserker Rage my opponent was obedient dead i had no creatures in tell i drew a [c]sacred wolf[c] my opponent had a shade a [c]blood hunter bat[c] and some other 1/1 creatures manage to get 2 [c]rancor[c] on my wolf. I couldn't attack or block all i had was a 7/1 wolf with hexproof at some point in time got [c]mage slayer[c] equip my wolf. so in a panic the next turn my opponent swing with everything he had leaving me at one life point. I played [c]colossal might[c] and hit him for 22 in one swing. 

The reason I'm tell this story is because this tend to happen allot with this deck. This deck is not another act of war its a fun beat down deck that just takes some thinking. 
It doesn't take any thinking at all, it just takes some luck keeping a creature alive to stockpile pump spells on.
Agree.
As I wrote in the deck thread, I had a 12 power trampler for 3 mana last night..... Awesome.
I took out the Slayer. Paying to equip feels slow.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

The real mystery here is why was your opponent running Bloodhunter Bat in OD? 

Prossibly AI.
Be nice.
I run it in my Lili and have a very strong OD I rarely lose with.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Be nice. I run it in my Lili and have a very strong OD I rarely lose with.

Except against Karstien and I. Tongue Out
Avenger of Zendikar is not game... Got a question as to whether a card without shroud or hexproof is good? Answer is, dies to removal. "Control Slivers"

I think everyone has a very strong OD that they rarely lose with.. it's just very strong

I believe you, but why does it seem like this forum is incredibly schizophrenic when it comes to people saying "I win most of the time"?  Half the time, it's stated as a valid defense of a card or build, and the other half the time are posts saying or implying that anyone who says "I win most of the time" are lying.

Personally, I think it's easier to just believe everyone.  I used to keep track of my matches for a long time, and I really did win at least 9/10 games no matter what the deck matchup was.  I attribute this to the fact that there are so many terrible players online more than my own skill, of course.

I believe you, but why does it seem like this forum is incredibly schizophrenic when it comes to people saying "I win most of the time"?  Half the time, it's stated as a valid defense of a card or build, and the other half the time are posts saying or implying that anyone who says "I win most of the time" are lying.

Personally, I think it's easier to just believe everyone.  I used to keep track of my matches for a long time, and I really did win at least 9/10 games no matter what the deck matchup was.  I attribute this to the fact that there are so many terrible players online more than my own skill, of course.

That last bit is what differentiates you from most others. They post it as some kind of way to boast online. Personally I think its a waste of time to boast. I have stated I beat every deck consistently, but I refuse to attribute it all to my skill.

I wonder if two people who claim they win 90% play 10 games, who would win 9/10?
Avenger of Zendikar is not game... Got a question as to whether a card without shroud or hexproof is good? Answer is, dies to removal. "Control Slivers"

I agree with this. Fact is, if you found these forums then you are most likely above average to start with, Some exceptions, but not many I can think of...and the majority of players, on psn at the very least, are terrible. 100 card decks seem to be the norm not the exception, and the way they play...in 2HG, we seriously had a guy unsummon a fog bank on turn two so he could swing through with a 1/1 phantasm, no cards milled...who needs that one damage so bad they will waste an unsummon? Another was the guy who kept putting distortion strike on his partners creatures when we had the board locked down from all his attackers, and I had a royal assassin on the field. I understand forgetting about it once, but the very next turn, the did it and tried to swing past him again!! I truly believe the whole forum wins 80% minimum of their games when not against each other. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Personally, I think it's easier to just believe everyone.  I used to keep track of my matches for a long time, and I really did win at least 9/10 games no matter what the deck matchup was.

Pretty much everybody on this board wins 90% with any deck. The statement has no value for any possible discussion, even if there was some kind of proof.
Personally, I think it's easier to just believe everyone.  I used to keep track of my matches for a long time, and I really did win at least 9/10 games no matter what the deck matchup was.

Pretty much everybody on this board wins 90% with any deck. The statement has no value for any possible discussion, even if there was some kind of proof.

I'm not arguing whether it has value or not, I'm saying that there's no point in telling someone who says that "no you don't" or "you're lying".  The lack of proof works both ways.

Let me rephrase.

Bat in deck of of Lily win good. Ugh!

Show

I don't know, is it as good as Plague Wind?  I hear that card wins games.

Personally, I never get to land drop 9 before winning. 
It doesn't take any thinking at all, it just takes some luck keeping a creature alive to stockpile pump spells on.

I just played you with Berserker Rage and you raged quit.
Now you're being mean.
....Plague Wind.
....Jeez

Show

I never sadi he was a good player and it wasn't the ai it was right before Gegliosch ra.ge quit lol

All cards can be useful. I won a game just yesterday with a Bloodhunter Bat. It was against Yeva's deck, I think- they had a Primal Huntbeast, I think, boosted to something nasty with trample and all staring at me from across the board. I cast Bloodhunter Bat it to take two life off my opponent, cast Innocent Blood and sacrificed the bat instead of my other creature, forcing them to sacrifice their hexproof nasty. I then attacked with my remaining creature, and at the end of the turn, used Rise from the Grave to bring back the bloodhunter bat and take their last two points of life. Hey, it worked.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I find it quite fun so far.

never underestimate the hexproof wolf.. almost always uninterrupted, you can pump and swing. Just had a game with one Fires on the table, no creatures and my hand was 2 berserk, 1 pump and 1 rancor... that hurt when I topdecked the wolf..

3/1 - rancor 5/1 - swing - sac fires 7/1 - pump 11/3  - 2*berserk 44/3.

That kindda sealed the deal. Lucky to draw the wolf, he had a murder in hand   
Just had a great match against AI Peacekeepers while unlocking.

I have nearly no boardpresence, a Shivan Wurm and a Gruul Scrapper and after an all-out attack I'm almost dead, while he is still at 18.
Next turn I play the Mage Slayer, equip it on my wurm, followed by Rancor, and swing for the win.

Mage Slayer has been a game winner so far. Sure, Berserk would have done the job as well, but there's not that much Berserk in the deck.
Just had a great match against AI Peacekeepers while unlocking.

I have nearly no boardpresence, a Shivan Wurm and a Gruul Scrapper and after an all-out attack I'm almost dead, while he is still at 18.
Next turn I play the Mage Slayer, equip it on my wurm, followed by Rancor, and swing for the win.

Mage Slayer has been a game winner so far. Sure, Berserk would have done the job as well, but there's not that much Berserk in the deck.

I love  Mage Slayer its a game winner for me.

Actually there is a lot of order decisions, of course depending on the build. There are many ways to play a single round out if you are not land flooded. It isnt exactly just play creatures deck.

I quit out of pretty much every loss atm, because I'm short on time and go to the editor a lot anyway. Also, I don't know what that has to do with my statement. This deck takes as much skill as Azorius, the only difference being that it stockpiles buffs instead of auras. Without an answer, you can just hope your hand is better suited for a race.

I'd say gg if I remembered the game, but I don't. However, it flatters me that the win appears to be such an achievement to you that it's worth mentioning twice.
I notice a disturbing trend that some people seem to be mistakenly proud of. 

"Nothing on the board then I top decked [card] and magically won the game" While its nice that you can win off top decks and do a massive amount of damage in one turn its much more likely that you're going to draw land or something else you don't need. Just hearing all that reminds me far too much of the Auramancer deck in 2012 where it either took off or did really crappy and you got destroyed.  

The other thing that people claim with zero evidence:
That leaving a game early, despite the multitudinous variety of reasons, is always a

RAGE QUIT!!!

Honestly I can't decide which claim I find more tiresome.

100% agree with this, there is a big difference between a concession and a rage quit

This. This is why I believe everyone wins 90% of their games. If they attach it to OD, sure. Just like I believe many won 90% with Master of Shadows.

Now, win 90% with Mindstorms ... now I need proof of that. 

This. This is why I believe everyone wins 90% of their games. If they attach it to OD, sure. Just like I believe many won 90% with Master of Shadows.

Ironically it's easier to get 100% win rate with MS than 90%.

You just have to make sure you win your first game and then never play it again.

I'm going to use this as clear proof that the Steam player-pool is more skilled than the consoles.  NO one that I play on Steam, that tracks their matches, claims more than a 70% win rate. 

I played 30 games with MS in the last few days and I achieved 80% wins. This deck is stronger than I thought

I'm going to use this as clear proof that the Steam player-pool is more skilled than the consoles.  NO one that I play on Steam, that tracks their matches, claims more than a 70% win rate. 

Sounds likely. A 90% win rate in a game that relies on as much chance as magic sounds a bit bogus to me. You're good if your win rate is 66%. You're lucky/playing against poor opponents/lying if your win rate is 90%.

I've never paid much attention to tracking my wins. I feel like doing that discourages me from playing the worse decks in the game. If I just wanted to win I'd be playing Goblins, Obedient Dead and Golgari all the time. Sometimes I want to have fun or try winning with a crappy deck. I ended up playing a lot of Dragons in 2012 for this reason.
Just had an interesting match while unlocking this deck vs. the AI.

T1: Pass
T2: Gruul Guildmage
T3: Fires of Yavimaya
T4: Boartusk Liege 
T5: Shivan Wurm, returning the Guildmage, swing for 9 trample damage.
T6: Rancor the Wurm, then sack the Fires of Yavimaya and follow it all up with Berserk for 26 more trample damage.

Ouch. 

Of course that's exaggerating, every third game I get land ****ed and need to pray my opponent's hand is even worse. I'm not talking about real numbers, I don't keep track of my games and unless I'm in a tournament situation, I don't play very concentrated anyway. What I wanted to say is that we all win the majority of our games with whatever deck we play. Some people seem to think they can support their card suggestions by claiming high win rates. No matter whether the numbers are true or not, the only thing they prove is how much worse the competition is.
Of course that's exaggerating, every third game I get land ****ed and need to pray my opponent's hand is even worse. I'm not talking about real numbers, I don't keep track of my games and unless I'm in a tournament situation, I don't play very concentrated anyway. What I wanted to say is that we all win the majority of our games with whatever deck we play. Some people seem to think they can support their card suggestions by claiming high win rates. No matter whether the numbers are true or not, the only thing they prove is how much worse the competition is.

I would say I win 80-85% of the time that I play vs. randoms online. If I were to only play players from this forum, with tuned 60-card decks, I would probably be 35-50%.

I don't go around thinking I'm great because I win so much; I attribute it to just how bad everyone else seems to be. 

I played 30 games with MS in the last few days and I achieved 80% wins. This deck is stronger than I thought

It can give you that illustion, :P Really, when it works its great. That last 10% will be tough. I had a hot streak with it over 15 games, then couldn't mulligan my way out of crappy draws.

Good players with removal that know what's in the deck can deal with it most of the time. TBH, it'll be tough for any mulit-color deck to go 90% for very long with the shuffleizer. 
Still unlocking when something else stupid powerful happened; had a Gruul Guildmage with both Rancor and Runes of the Deus which I Berserked!

I can only imagine that combo on a Shivan Wurm
I have a 117% win rate with Primal Instinct.

Just saying.
Again, still unlocking, but I just realized after seeing the swirly-thing that you can respond to Mage Slayer's triggered ability by casting a pump spell. I cast Berserk followed by Colossal Might to turn my 2/2 into 12 damage to the face, followed by an attack from a 12-power trampler.

And with Rancor and Runes of the Deus in the deck, these scenarios will not be too uncommon. This deck is starting to feel a lot like Azorius to me, without all the hexproof. Yeah, I know, Sacred Wolf is a thing, but you get what I'm saying. Very non-interactive beatdown deck that only loses if it draws the wrong combination of creatures + pumps. Hopefully all the available removal in the format will keep this deck in check.

Just saying.

What's Primal Instinct?

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Just saying.

What's Primal Instinct?

Oh, it's what I call my Pack Instinct Decklist.
Sorry, forgot that I hadn't posted it yet.