Sons of Nesme? To much of a coincidence

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Am I the only one who watches Sons of Anarchy, because the mini storyline seems similar to what is going on with Jacks, Clay, and the Nomads. Planning tonights session I plan to change names to mirror this. Sadly no one at my table watches the show to appreciate the similarities.
Sounds fun - SoA is one of my favourite tv shows at present (but again most of my players would be clueless - the philestines!).

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

Can you give a quick synopsis for those of us who haven't seen the show?

Not happy with the look of the new forums? Check out the Skin Your Forums thread for a solution.

D&D Next: VALOREIGN Home Game Development, Grifford's Protection cleric domain, gojirra's (Un)Death cleric domain.

General Campaign Stuff: Bawylie's Budget Dungeons

It's probably a coincidence; I've only seen the first few episodes of the first season.

These coincidences happen all the time in D&D and storytelling. For example, since 1997 our campaign world has been a sunless winter where feudal knights plot politics and the only heat and light in the long winter comes from a strange red comet that cycles the world as the sun once did.

In 2004, my wife and I were browsing the shelves at Borders. She picked up "A Clash of Kings" and read the back cover copy--which was essentially what I just summarized above. I hadn't read George R.R. Martin at that point, but I was kind of perturbed that he was stealing my stuff. Wink

As I write this, I realize that this Encounters season is also about the world shrouded in a sunless darkness, and though I designed part of this season, the outline and concept were presented to me beforehand.

So what I'm saying is: common themes, common story elements yo.

I will eventually get back to Sons of Anarchy.
Ron Perlman is a god
"Rachel" from Mad Men is in it
Katey Sagal rules--though it was really weird watching Sons and Futurama at the same time. Good-weird.

Is there a section of the session named "Sons of Nesme?"
I don't have the module in front of me, but it's certainly not in my draft.