back for one last hurrah!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I might be coming back to the forums for a time as I'm getting back into casual magic! Anyways, as a welcome back present, I have spent the last while hunting through the gatherer (torturous) to cobble together a semi decent Necrotic Army deck.

Creatures: 22

Possibly too many 3 drops? Both Cemetery Reaper and Diregraf Captain are both too good to pass up in this deck, because of their secondary abilites. 

EDIT: forgot the most important part. This deck is meant to SWARM enemies. Its supposed to be pushing tokens and sending wves into the enemy to be crushed and have the body parts stitched back together again. Its all about weakening them with each successive wave, leaving just enough creatures to survive. Diregraf Captain and Cemetery Reaper both love this, because whenever one of my creatures die, Dirgraf Captain makes an opponent pay for his victory, and with Cemetery Reaper token summoning, his victory could be a double whammy to end the life of one of his more powerful creatures weakened by the fighting as well.

With that said, I believe a little more token generation in this deck would not be remiss, as long as it is good and steady generation. I was also thinking about replacing Diregraf Ghoul with Highborn Ghoul
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
The biggest issue I see is that you pretty much have only one form of removal, and it's not even going to be easy to activate on will given that you Festering Goblin tokens have to die for you to give another creature -1/-1. Which means Cemetary Reaper would have to target stuff in your own graveyard (unless you're getting trades in combat), in which case your graveyard recursion becomes almost useless.

Fleshbag Marauder is on theme, cheap, and can be recurred or fed to Cemetary Reaper. Skinrender is another solid option. Besides that, black has all sorts of awesome spot removal. Geth's Verdict, Go for the Throat, Ultimate Price, Tragic Slip etc.

You're also susceptible to non-creatures your opponent plays when you're going mono black, so targetted hand hate, like Duress and Thoughtseize and be good options.
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
The biggest issue I see is that you pretty much have only one form of removal, and it's not even going to be easy to activate on will given that you Festering Goblin tokens have to die for you to give another creature -1/-1. Which means Cemetary Reaper would have to target stuff in your own graveyard (unless you're getting trades in combat), in which case your graveyard recursion becomes almost useless.

Fleshbag Marauder is on theme, cheap, and can be recurred or fed to Cemetary Reaper. Skinrender is another solid option. Besides that, black has all sorts of awesome spot removal. Geth's Verdict, Go for the Throat, Ultimate Price, Tragic Slip etc.

You're also susceptible to non-creatures your opponent plays when you're going mono black, so targetted hand hate, like Duress and Thoughtseize and be good options.

Changed the overview for a deck goal summary. Pretty much this deck isn't meant to worry about removal, control, or big creatures. Its pretty much built for one thing, and one thing only swarming the enemy with waves of weak monsters, buffed by Lords, and sweeping an enemy with not enough monsters aside. Its weakness is token generation and flying decks. I would like to add more token generation to counter token generation, or maybe a sweeper like Black Sun's Zenith so that I can wipe out all of my own creatures (except my Lords), to deal a huge blow to my enemy with Diregraf Captain's secondary.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
Maybe Marsh Casualties. I'm all for the Skinrender as well, he's just boss.
57170298 wrote:
Borrowing the East Wind (P3) - Haha, it's like Hurricane but for horsemanship? That makes hilariously little sense. "Oh man, the wind is so much worse up on this horse."
57044478 wrote:
Jon Finkel can win a Magic tournament with a ham sandwich. That doesn't mean ham sandwiches are now the metagame breaker.
97820278 wrote:
Koth: I'm the first viable red planeswalker. Who are you? Tibalt: I'm a two-mana red planeswalker. Koth: I'm the last viable red planeswalker.
I was always a fan of Death Baron.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

needs more two drops

dump the stitch togethers and the Ghoulcaller's Chant. Many games will not have creatures in the graveyard to grab

none of the creatures are worth recovering except the lich 
NO WAR

They've killed Fritz
I've been shadow banned by youtube my comments only show when I'm logged

does any see my comment here ?

Maybe Marsh Casualties. I'm all for the Skinrender as well, he's just boss.

Skinrender, good as he is, becomes worthless once I add in Death Baron. The universal Deathtouch is just so much more powerful.

I was always a fan of Death Baron.

Death baron would indeed probably be better than Cemetery Reaper. I'll make the change.

needs more two drops 

dump the stitch togethers and the Ghoulcaller's Chant. Many games will not have creatures in the graveyard to grab 

none of the creatures are worth recovering except the lich 

did you even read what the decks goal was??
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green