Steam 1v1 Tournament #5

146 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello Planeswalkers! With minddrifter's Steam tournament heading towards its later rounds I thought I'd open up submissions for another 1v1 Tournament. This will be a fairly straightforward Single Elimination tourney. Pick your favorite decks and enter! We won't start until Sunday morning so players using the new DLC decks will have some time to unlock cards. Here are the details:

• Join The Planeswalking Dead Steam group.

• Post here with your Steam username, plus TWO decks you'd like to use.

• We'll begin the morning of Sunday, December 9th.

• This will be a Single Elimination event.

• Match victory will be decided by winning 2 out of 3 games.

• You may use either of your two selected decks during games. 

• Deck switching is allowed at any time between games, even in the middle of a match

• Deck editing is also allowed at any time between games, same as above.

You are responsible for tracking down your opponent over Steam (the Steam group should help with that). If you're unable to do so, post in this thread to set up a match time. If an opponent doesn't respond to your post within 72 hours, they concede the match.

Check back in this thread for the list of participants and a tournament bracket. 

Please keep in mind that the majority of players in this forum are either in the US or between GMT-8 and GMT-5 time zones. If that presents any inherent issue due to your location, please don't sign up unless you're willing to compensate for the time difference.

Player Information:
Steam Name: Deck 1 & Deck 2

Kupo Trooper (aka You_Spoony_Bard)Ancient Wilds & Born of Flame
GrunthexCelestial Light & Obedient Dead
Blue (aka PleniluneKnight):
 Ancient Wilds & Grim Procession 
sommbsnph (aka Zokorad)Celestial Light & Crosswinds
Shin HitokiriGrim Procession & Born of Flame
dh50Mindstorms & Berserker Rage
!Flush (aka minddrifter)Collective Might & Sky and Scale
Garren_Windspear (aka Mastergear_Owen)Mindstorms & Act of War
hubin_at: Crosswinds & Sepulchral Strength
Drogo: Dream Puppets & Peacekeepers
multeyemeteorCelestial Light & Sky and Scale
Garet Jax (aka LanceKalzas): Pack Instinct & Grim Procession
blsbloodbath: Born of Flame & Obedient Dead
Wint3rSt0rm: Berserker Rage & Grim Procession
legaAura Servants & Exalted Darkness
4n0th1n9 (aka Psychosomasis)Grinning Malice & Berserker Rage
Kn1ghtmareSepulchral Strength & Pact Instinct

Wintersun
Goblin Gangland & Sepulchral Strength
hebihime92: Ancient Wilds & Act of War
Crackin'{q}Portraits (aka Drybones23): Goblin Gangland & Sepulchral Strength
Henwen: Mindstorms & Exalted Darkness 
ralph.seymour.jackson (aka RsJackson):
 Sepulchral Strength & Grim Procession 
lawsy2003 pinoymtg: S
epulchral Strength & Exalted Darkness 
Wizards_Sean: Sky & Scale & Collective Might

Tournament Bracket:

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

I'm in!

Steam User: Kupo Trooper
Deck 1: Ancient Wilds
Deck 2: Born of Flame

EDIT: Woooah way too many people choosing Grim Procession. Gonna change my first choice to Ancient Wilds, I hope that's okay.
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.

Morning what time zone?

Sean is PST (GMT-8, I think), so probably then.

Count me in.

Name: Grunthex
Decks: Celestial Light, Obedient Dead

Morning what time zone?

Count me in.

Decks: Celestial Light, Goblin Gangland

Yes, I'm in GMT-8, but whenever you can get together with your partner will be fine. Since this is a Single Elimination event, there's no need to be strict as long as everybody plays within a reasonable amount of time. Please don't sign up if you suspect that will be an issue.

Sean Gibbons

Morning what time zone?

Count me in.

Decks: Celestial Light, Goblin Gangland

Yes, I'm in GMT-8, but whenever you can get together with your partner will be fine. Since this is a Single Elimination event, there's no need to be strict as long as everybody plays within a reasonable amount of time. Please don't sign up if you suspect that will be an issue.

Actually morning in PST is perfect for Europe, it will be late evening, or so. 

Will post information tomorrow, after trying out new decks.      
I have quite a bit of free time and would be interested in trying something like this, so why not?

Steam Username: Blue

Deck 2: Grim Procession 
I have quite a bit of free time and would be interested in trying something like this, so why not?

Great to have you - Good luck!

Sean Gibbons

In with:

Celestial Light and Crosswinds

STeam username: sommbsnph

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

I will try this out since single elimination means quick tournament and I can test a new deck

Steam name:  Shin Hitokiri
Decks:  Grim Procession and Born of Flame
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).
I'm in.  Steam name: dh50.

Decks:

Mindstorms and Berzerker Rage (hey I prefer Grim Procession but someone's got to use the other deck).
(hey I prefer Grim Procession but someone's got to use the other deck)

That's very noble of you... or at least very tribal.

Sean Gibbons

I had a change of heart since things hadn't started yet, and changed my decks.  Edited my original post back up there a few.
When I see "1v1 Steam Tournament" I'm in, lol.  I'm happy you enjoyed my tournament as well Sean!  I won't be around starting mid-January as I have to move (probably driving from Northern California to Southern Florida) and may not be back for a while depending on how fast I can get internet running in my new place.  If you think the tournament might last til then, you can reject my request to enter and I will fully understand.

That being said....I choose....Exalted Dead and Grim Procession.  Black and White or Bust!

Edit:  Choosing 2 decks not used in tournament if I can:   Collective Might and Sky and Scale.  Green...Blue and White or Bust?  lol

Edit:  Steam name:  !Flush

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

Hey Guys! I would like to be in the tournament. Can I be in the tournament?

Steam Name: Garren_Windspear
Deck 1: Mindstorm
Deck 2: Act of War

Team Motto: Please Concede! Were Pathetic!

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

I would also like to join.

Steam Name: hubin_at
Deck 1: Crosswinds
Deck 2: Sepulchral Strenght
A lot of love for Grim Procession
-too bad I'm away for the weekend or I'd have loved to sign up as well,

Gl to all participants! 
I'm always up for these!

Drogo
Decks: Jace, Odric
Steam: multeyemeteor

If my hax0ring is working, I will be playing the Nicol Bolas deck, if not.. I'll settle for these two beastly piles of virtual cards:

Celestial Light + Sky and Scale

GMT +1 
What the hell, I'll sign up as well. 

Steam Name:  Garet Jax.
Decks:  Garruk and Grim Procession.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
All these tournaments make me want to buy the game again but on steam. The community is so active on steam where as the xbox community is starting to dry up a bit
Beat me up scottie

Steam ID: blsbloodbath
Decks: Chandra/Liliana

Time zone: EST -5GMT

Also known as 4n's bitch
Lol BLS.  If it makes you feel any better he knocked me out of my own tournament. ;P

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Sean, I don't know what to do other than quote you.  I am unable to send any emails through the Wizards site to anyone (let alone you or I would have done so about this)  because it says I haven't invited anyone to become a member of this community.  Can you help me?
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

Sean, I don't know what to do other than quote you.  I am unable to send any emails through the Wizards site to anyone (let alone you or I would have done so about this)  because it says I haven't invited anyone to become a member of this community.  Can you help me?

That's strange. I'll look into it and see if anyone knows why that would happen.

Sean Gibbons

Thank you!   

Edit:  If you can send me a message rather than posting in here if you're able to get it fixed or what I can do, I am able to read emails; just not send any.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
I'll join as well if possible

Steam name: Wint3rSt0rm
Decks : Deck pack 2
Is it still open for join? If so then count me in. 

My steam name: lega  
Decks: Aura Servant and Exalted Darkness 
Time Zone: PST GMT-8 
Is it still open for join? If so then count me in. 

My steam name: lega  
Decks: Aura Servant and Exalted Darkness 
Time Zone: PST GMT-8 

Yes! People are still free to sign up. Welcome, and spread the word!

Sean Gibbons

I expect I'll be making the initial player list and bracket tomorrow. Just a heads up that the sooner you sign up, the easier it will be for me to organize the tourney and the smoother things will go. I'm also excited to see so many people signing up with the newer decks. Considering everyone's probably less familiar with them than others, that's a bold move :D

Sean Gibbons

I don't think it's THAT bold.  most of the new-deck sign ups are Grim Procession, and that's a very very strong deck.
Also known as 4n's bitch

No sure what to say to that, maybe comment of the year?

Username: 4n0th1n9
Deck 1: Grinning Malice. *edit, because no one listed this deck so far, if it's alright?
Deck 2: Berserker Rage.

I don't think it's THAT bold.  most of the new-deck sign ups are Grim Procession, and that's a very very strong deck.

I think people are over reacting on both how good GP is and how "bad" BR is.  I'm not going to say GP isn't good but it certainly isn't any better than any other good deck.  BR seems to be getting the AoW treatment, but as with AoW...I am finding it to be much better than the naysayers gripe about.

Steam name: Kn1ghtmare
Decks: Sepulchral Strength and Pact Instinct

I think people are over reacting on both how good GP is and how "bad" BR is.  I'm not going to say GP isn't good but it certainly isn't any better than any other good deck.  BR seems to be getting the AoW treatment, but as with AoW...I am finding it to be much better than the naysayers gripe about.

I'm certainly not one of the people lumping BR in the bad category.  A tad boring.  A pain to unlock.  But solid.  But GP is right up there with the other smashy decks (most of which include black.  Why can't RL black decks be this good?)

Wintersun

Deck 1: Goblin Gangland
Deck 2: Goblin Gangland
Deck 2: Sepulchral Strength
i whould like to join

steam name :hebihime92

deck1: Yeva

deck2: Act of War

Wife's out of town til Monday. (Translation - I'M SO DOWN)

Steam name:
Crackin'{q}Portraits
Deck 1: Goblins

Deck 2: Sepulchral Str 

I am in
Steam name: Henwen
Deck 1: Mindstorms
Deck 2: Exalted Darkness
Hey, I'm not an expert, but it's the afternoon of Sunday, December 9th.  Isn't it?
Hey, I'm not an expert, but it's the afternoon of Sunday, December 9th.  Isn't it?

Yeah hopefully I got in under the wire heh. I would like to play in the first round today if possible. Tongue Out