Character idea need help building

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Heres my background, quick version.

Character discovers ancient altar, the Deity spoke to character and now character is the hand of said Deity. Deity speks to character and tells which evil needs vanquished.

I am not a number cruncher or rules lawyer, I play characters that have appeal to me. I want this character to be a "infiltrator" type rogue (sneak in and assassinate who he has to), cleric for the Deity aspect, and SOD because it sounds close to what I am trying to be.

Heres my idea.

Cleric (trickery and death)
rogue
slayer of domiel

were starting at 8th level, only WOTC material, no evil alignment.

anyway to get this at 8th level

Thanks
What about Cleric/Rogue/Shadowbane Stalker (Complete Adventurer)? Another option (that doesn't have much, if any, sneaky-sneaky would be some paladin and/or cleric route to Bone Knight (Five Nations). The preferred method to do that is cleric/prestige paladin (Unearthed Arcana)/bone knight.

And then there's the always fun cleric/crusader/ruby knight vindicator. Both the crusader & rkv are in Tome of Battle.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Oh, yeah: flavor-wise, you may find the Favored Soul (Complete Divine) a better fit than cleric. They tend to operate outside the established hierarchy of the church. If you do this, though, PLAN AHEAD. It's very difficult to find appropriate prestige classes for them because many require turn attempts as either prereqs or class abilities.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
What about Cleric/Rogue/Shadowbane Stalker (Complete Adventurer)? ...

When I read the concept I immediately thought Rogue/Cleric/Shadowbane Stalker.  The way I read things I'm switching up the starting class (which I always list first) for the obvious reason of a LOT more skill points then I'd get starting in Cleric.  I don't have access to the Slayer of Domiel which I believe in an exalted class; being an exalted class I'm also cautious about the rules that govern that status and how closely they are followed.

When it comes to Cleric Domains I fully support going with Trickery with its expanded class skill list for Cleric and different Domain Spells.  I would stay away from Death however; it's granted power isn't that great and is dependent on your actual CLERIC level as opposed to CL of Cleric spells and its spells really don't sound like they fit your concept.  I actually thing Destruction, Good, or Law may be a better fit; I'd even add Travel and Luck but they may not fit as well conceptually.  If I expand my domain selection beyond the SRD/PHB I may be able to find more be Death is certainly NOT a domain I would be using for this character.

As is often the case, StevenO is spot on.
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?