puzzle box idea

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
So this is an idea I just came up with, do you think it will work? Any suggestions?

I know the Counters and the mana base need work but like I said I just got the idea and threw a deck together.
You need some card draw to help you find your combo. As it is, that's your only win-con. Howling Mine seems hillariously appropriate. Also, Forced Fruition should make your opponent cry blood.
You need some card draw to help you find your combo. As it is, that's your only win-con. Howling Mine seems hillariously appropriate. Also, Forced Fruition should make your opponent cry blood.

I was thinking about draw but I couldn't decide what to cut for it and if you get the box out it lets you dig for the others, any ideas? Fruition whould be awesome but agian I dunno what to cut. Maybe -1 cancel, doom blade, dreams and possession then +2 Howling Mine & Forced Fruition?
I would lose the walls. You have enough counters/removal to deal with whatever threats they try to play. As for draw:

Really, you want to go through your deck as fast as possible, so Brainstorm isn't that great. Vault is just stupid good for finding combo peices.

I would lose the walls. You have enough counters/removal to deal with whatever threats they try to play.

I'm always uncomfortable having a deck with no creatures even when I know it should be fine, in the back of my head I always think "what if I NEED to block?" but I think I'll try it and see how it goes

I had forgot about the vault so thanks there, as for Alchemy would Vision Skeins or Wistful Thinking not work better, especially after the possession's on the field?
walls will dave attacks from early creatures

needs card draw

I'm always uncomfortable having a deck with no creatures even when I know it should be fine, in the back of my head I always think "what if I NEED to block?" but I think I'll try it and see how it goes

I had forgot about the vault so thanks there, as for Alchemy would Vision Skeins or Wistful Thinking not work better, especially after the possession's on the field?

I prefer Alchemy simply because it's an instant. You wont have to commit any resources to casting it before you know if you need to counter/remove something. It also digs deeper than those two, showing you 4 cards of your library.

Also, like brainstorm, you can cast it in response to something to find an answer if you don't currently have one. Very flexible.
That's true I I just don't like the idea of throwing away cards, especailly since in this every is important(even the lands with some of the High costs) to the deck. ok this is what I'm thinking of running now what do you think?

I'd say run rits to power out the dreams and a faster puzzle box to dig for dreams. Windfall is cheap for more fishing.

<----- Loser.

I'll second Pontiac's recommendation of Dark Ritual.  A first turn Underworld Dreams sets the right tone, I find.

With a Dreams and Puzzle Box in play, bounce becomes quite mean.  I use Sunder and Wash Out, but Cyclonic Rift could work, as well.

I have learned (the hard way) that with a Puzzle Box out, I never have the countermagic in hand when I need it - perhaps I was simply not running enough of it. 

Good luck making Forced Fruition work.

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
I had considered Dark ritual but was already having trouble finding stuff to cut so I left it out, any ideas? I was gonna use the Forced just to be mean so they can come back out, I'd like to add bounce but again what is worth swaping for them? Should I go for 60+ cards?
The traditional deck ran ensnaring bridge to buy time.

There was a version that used the box with zur's weirding with  words of worship or clearwater goblet to lock the opponent down.
psychosis crawler seems like a natural pairing with puzzlebox. taob digs, makes dudes, and finishes opponents, since he's no longer standard his price has dropped nicely 
Sign In to post comments