Vorosh Profilerate Deck

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
I decided to build a deck around the Scars of Mirrodin Block mechanic "Proliferate".  As other mechanics, I picked the following things that work well with profilerate:

• Infect

• Modular

• Charge Counters

I decided to make the deck green-blue-black, mostly with those mechanics, then a few things to give my things with mucho counters trample, and a few search and destroy spells cuz it's what the format demands.  There aren't much for legends in those colors, so I went with Vorosh, the Hunter as my commander

Here's the rest:
Lands (36)
6 Forest
6 Island
6 Swamp
Academy Ruins
Bayou
Command Tower
Darkslick Shores
Flooded Grove
Gaea's Cradle
Hinterland Harbor
Llanowar Reborn
Mirrodin's Core
Mishra's Workshop
Sunken Ruins
Tropical Island
Twilight Mire
Underground Sea
Vivid Creek
Vivid Grove
Vivid Marsh
Woodland Cemetery

Creatures (35)
Blighted Agent
Blightwidow
Cytoplast Root-Kin
Damia, Sage of Stone
Flensermite
Forgotten Ancient
Fungal Behemoth
Glissa, the Traitor
Hand of the Praetors
Ichor Rats
Mephidross Vampire
Phyrexian Hydra
Simic Guildmage
Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon
Skullbriar, the Walking Grave
Vedalken Engineer
Vigor
Viral Drake
Viridian Corrupter
Artifact Creatures
Arcbound Bruiser
Arcbound Crusher
Arcbound Fiend
Arcbound Hybrid
Arcbound Overseer
Arcbound Slith
Arcbound Stinger
Arcbound Worker
Blightsteel Colossus
Core Prowler
Corpse Cur
Pentavus
Plague Myr
Steel Overseer

Other Stuff (28)
Corrupted Conscience
Cultivate
Defense of the Heart
Diabolic Tutor
Doom Blade
Doubling Season
Dragon Fangs
Fabricate
Fuel for the Cause
Grim Affliction
Inexorable Tide
Primal Rage
Slice in Twain
Snake Cult Initiation
Spread the Sickness
Steady Progress
Tezzeret's Gambit
Titania's Boon
Artifacts
Akroma's Memorial
Banshee's Blade
Chromatic Lantern
Clearwater Goblet
Contagion Clasp
Contagion Engine
Darksteel Reactor
Gemstone Array
Heliophial
Infused Arrows

So, what do you guys think?
Corpsejack Menace wants to be here. So does Experiment Kraj. So does Fertilid.

I'm not liking the small Infect creatures, including Blightwidow. I know it's part of your theme and all, but poison counters in EDH tend to get you hated on. Maybe that doesn't happen in your meta,but I'd rather see the creatures above or maybe Aquastrand Spider if you are desperate for Reach.

Current EDH Decks: Radha Timmy, Oona exile/mill, Edric aggro, Marath tokens, Uril Voltron, Ertai counters, Sek'Kuar sac engines, Ezuri elf tribal, Oloro life gain, Zedruu tokens, White Mikaeus indestructible, Riku allies, Ghave synergy, Momir Vig Simic to a fault, Zur pillow fort/extort, Cromat artifacts, Rafiq aggro, Nekuzar zombies, Prossh creature beats, Roon ETB/bounce, Garza Zol vampires.

I know it's part of your theme and all, but poison counters in EDH tend to get you hated on.

So what if people hate me if I play poison counters?  It's legal!  For the life of me, I've never understood players trying to peer pressure other players out of good combos

The schtick is to hit people with poison counters and -1/-1 counters, then kill them or their creatures.

I'm thinking drop Blightwidow and either Flensermite or Ichor Rats (which I never really liked anyway) for Corpsejack Menace and Experiment Kraj.  Dude will have most of the Akroma effects as a result of the Arcbound bundle, and Infect too, of course.

It doesn't matter in a duel. In multiplayer, getting hated equates to getting teamed up on. It's a lot harder to win that way. For what it's worth, the Wither mechanic doesn't draw that hate, because it doesn't cut player's life totals by 30. Using poison counters is like plopping down Sorin Markov and immediately using his second power on every other player. If it took twice the number of poison counters as a regular game (since you have double lives), I don't think people would hate on it so much. You'll understand what I mean when someone uses Bribery or Gather Specimens on your Blightsteel Colossus.

For -1/-1 counters, I'm a big fan of Black Sun's Zenith. Unfortunately it hits your creatures, but it gets around Shroud/Hexproof. Incremental Blight can also be good, especially with a lot of Proliferate effects in your deck.

Current EDH Decks: Radha Timmy, Oona exile/mill, Edric aggro, Marath tokens, Uril Voltron, Ertai counters, Sek'Kuar sac engines, Ezuri elf tribal, Oloro life gain, Zedruu tokens, White Mikaeus indestructible, Riku allies, Ghave synergy, Momir Vig Simic to a fault, Zur pillow fort/extort, Cromat artifacts, Rafiq aggro, Nekuzar zombies, Prossh creature beats, Roon ETB/bounce, Garza Zol vampires.

When you're proliferating +1/+1 conters and have Mephidross Vampire already, Triskelion is a shoe in.
When you're proliferating +1/+1 conters and have Mephidross Vampire already, Triskelion is a shoe in.

What cards should be dropped to get the stuff you and perpetual want in?
Gilder Bairn lets you double those +1/+1 counters repeatedly. Enjoy!
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Gilder Bairn lets you double those +1/+1 counters repeatedly. Enjoy!

What do I axe in favor of the trick-or-treater?
Black Sun's Zenith wouldn't be too bad if you have enough +1/+1 counters already on your creatures, and packing in Melira, Sylvok Outcast can also take some bite out of its negative effect on your own board. And I guess she makes a Briberyed Blightsteel Colossus just big, trampley, and indestructible instead of Infected also...if that would be any consolation...
If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I still believe I'm right. Think of it as religion. dubito ergo sum.
I think the arc bound dudes might be better as persist creatures.

3DH4LIF3

Now comes the million-dollar question: Now that Simic is out in Gatecrash, what should I change?  Master Biomancer and Fathom Mage would look good in this deck.  Any other suggestions?  Also, I'm considering adding Thrummingbird.  Thoughts?
I think the first two would make worthy additions.

Not sure about thrumming bird. 

Try them all and let us know. 

3DH4LIF3