Have a runny nose?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Make sure it isn't brain fluid...

www.foxnews.com/health/2012/12/03/woman-...
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine

My elementary school principal had a similar problem, and they ended up sealing one of his sinus cavities permanently.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

"An endoscoping procedure through her nose"... No man, I could never be a doctor
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
What's gross about a nose?  You know what a proctologist does, right?
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

What's gross about a nose?  You know what a proctologist does, right?

It's not the orifice itself, it's the image if equipment being put into it to access internal anatomy... Somehow going through the nose to possibly fiddle with someone's brain is one of things I find disturbing.
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
I'm sure it would also leak down her throat, which means she was eating braaaaaiiiiinnnnnzzzz..

A zombie!
Show
Of the two approaches to hobby games today, one is best defined as the realism-simulation school and the other as the game school. AD&D is assuredly an adherent of the latter school. It does not stress any realism (in the author's opinon an absurd effort at best considering the topic!). It does little to attempt to simulate anything either. (AD&D) is first and foremost a game for the fun and enjoyment of those who seek the use of imagination and creativity.... In all cases, however, the reader should understand that AD&D is designed to be an amusing and diverting pastime, something which an fill a few hours or consume endless days, as the participants desire, but in no case something to be taken too seriously. For fun, excitement and captivating fantasy, AD&D is unsurpassed.As a realistic simulation of things from the realm of make-believe or even as a reflection of midieval or ancient warfare or culture or society, it can be deemed only a dismal failure. Readers who seek the later must search elsewhere. - Gary Gygax. 1e DMG.
I'm sure it would also leak down her throat, which means she was eating braaaaaiiiiinnnnnzzzz..

A zombie!

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Actually Webster, in the article I think it says it only happened when she bent over.
I'm just shocked it didn't hurt or nothing... the crack in her sinus cavity I mean.
Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!
Benevolent God of Death "No one told you when to run."

Technically, there's no (or at least very few) pain receptors that deep inside the head. She may have felt something, but I doubt her brain would have identified it as pain. When you have a headache, it's actually the increased pressure from the inflammation that you feel, which eventually gets bad enough that you feel it in areas with more pain receptors. Since the cracks developed slowly over time she probably never noticed the change - it wouldn't have taken all that much pressure, applied over a length of time, to weaken the tissue in that area enough to allow the fluid to leak out.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Technically, there's no (or at least very few) pain receptors that deep inside the head. She may have felt something, but I doubt her brain would have identified it as pain. When you have a headache, it's actually the increased pressure from the inflammation that you feel, which eventually gets bad enough that you feel it in areas with more pain receptors. Since the cracks developed slowly over time she probably never noticed the change - it wouldn't have taken all that much pressure, applied over a length of time, to weaken the tissue in that area enough to allow the fluid to leak out.

Oh great, you've taken "brain fluid leaking out through nose" and made it sound worse.
Actually Webster, in the article I think it says it only happened when she bent over.
I'm just shocked it didn't hurt or nothing... the crack in her sinus cavity I mean.

You're right. I was thinking post-nasal drip. It could still leak down her throat, and she might not notice.
(Heh, yeah it would leak out when she bent over, but she's straighten out, I would think something would go down her throat.)

A mind is a terrible thing to taste.
Show
Of the two approaches to hobby games today, one is best defined as the realism-simulation school and the other as the game school. AD&D is assuredly an adherent of the latter school. It does not stress any realism (in the author's opinon an absurd effort at best considering the topic!). It does little to attempt to simulate anything either. (AD&D) is first and foremost a game for the fun and enjoyment of those who seek the use of imagination and creativity.... In all cases, however, the reader should understand that AD&D is designed to be an amusing and diverting pastime, something which an fill a few hours or consume endless days, as the participants desire, but in no case something to be taken too seriously. For fun, excitement and captivating fantasy, AD&D is unsurpassed.As a realistic simulation of things from the realm of make-believe or even as a reflection of midieval or ancient warfare or culture or society, it can be deemed only a dismal failure. Readers who seek the later must search elsewhere. - Gary Gygax. 1e DMG.

A zombie!

i loled

<----- Loser.

A mind is a terrible thing to taste.

Sez you.

Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]