unlock deck key's on day 1?? for steam/psn

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
wizards sean can you confirm if  the key's for the decks  from deck pack 2  are going to be on steam / psn on day 1??  

thank you   ..   and  yes i decided to buy  the deck pack 2  cuz the new black/white looks very good  
unlike the other deck pack 1 and green/red 
does no one care for the keys day one??   i have the game for xbox /pc  and i really don't like to unlock all the cards twice..

come on wotc  is a win win   u make money  and i get the cards fast!!!Laughing
Kinda glad you created the thread.
I brought up the question in the Deck Pack announcement thread and haven't heard anything from Sean about it.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Sorry chava, to answer your question, I could care less about unlocks on day 1.  I enjoy the process of unlocking them one by one believe it or not, lol.  This is just my opinion, and is in no way an attack on anyone elses' opinion, but I think it is lame to have the deck unlocked immediately.  I think my only complaint is that the campaign is not engaging enough to make it more enjoyable but I still love to unlock a fresh new deck and see how it evolves and how I end up liking/disliking cards throughout unlocking the deck.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

Sorry chava, to answer your question, I could care less about unlocks on day 1.

That doesn't answer his question at all. In fact, that's not even a response to his question, it's your opinion of his question.
Sorry chava, to answer your question, I could care less about unlocks on day 1.

That doesn't answer his question at all. In fact, that's not even a response to his question, it's your opinion of his question.

Technically he answered chava's second post asking if anyone cared. So... you were half right?
Avenger of Zendikar is not game... Got a question as to whether a card without shroud or hexproof is good? Answer is, dies to removal. "Control Slivers"
The deck keys have NEVER been available on day 1 for the PS3, I doubt they're going to start now.

Apparently WOTC doesn't want my money (actually, I just listen to music and read a book while fighting Cult of Flame over and over to finish off the unlocks, I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't thought to multitask and sits there doing nothing else for hours)
I would love day one deck keys on Steam, but I've abandoned all hope.
@droneon
+1

I will be having cocktails and listening to Louis CK.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

any psn players??   can you tell me if  you guys have the keys for the psn store?
thank you....

any psn players??   can you tell me if  you guys have the keys for the psn store?
thank you....

As of right now no not there.
Avenger of Zendikar is not game... Got a question as to whether a card without shroud or hexproof is good? Answer is, dies to removal. "Control Slivers"
does no one care for the keys day one??   i have the game for xbox /pc  and i really don't like to unlock all the cards twice..

That's the question I answered Splatter. ;P

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

That's the question I answered Splatter. ;P

Ah. That was in a seperate post than the OP which I figured was "the" question by default.
So what you really meant was "to answer your second question".

Per the OP though, I tried about... what would that be, 6 weeks ago now? to get them to release the keys at the same time. Pitched a very reasonable and logical argument as to why it's in all ways better, but as expected, there's likely more to it than that. Release schedules, implementation etc. Behind the scenes office crap that we don't know about.

So...Maybe for 2014... .
If you wish to be technical about things, it was the 2nd question, yes. ;)

If you wish to be technical about things, it was the 2nd question, yes. ;)

Not wishing to be technical, I merely misunderstood.
As per usual, iPad and Xbox versions will have deck unlocks and foil conversions available for purchase right away, and PSN & Steam will get them shortly after release. I've forwarded the forum feedback on this and hopefully there's less of a wait for future releases (I can't make any promises, however).

I do, on the other hand, have some dates for you. These are for both the US Foil Conversions and Full Deck unlocks for Grim Procession and Berserker Rage:

PSN: 12/18/12

Steam: 12/19/12 

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

As per usual, iPad and Xbox versions will have deck unlocks and foil conversions available for purchase right away, and PSN & Steam will get them shortly after release. I've forwarded the forum feedback on this and hopefully there's less of a wait for future releases (I can't make any promises, however).

I do, on the other hand, have some dates for you. These are for both the US Foil Conversions and Full Deck unlocks for Grim Procession and Berserker Rage:

PSN: 12/18/12

Steam: 12/19/12 

Thanks sean, I figured they would take a while, but it's good to actually know. I can't wait to foil up my GP...

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Obviously I already stated that I enjoy unlocking them manuallly...but that being said I think 2 weeks is a perfect amount of time to make deck unlocks available by purchasing.

I would have to agree about the business end though...It would more than likely make more money if the unlocks were available immediately.

I just think its funny that the OP, chavafx, was so adamant on other threads that he wasn't buying the deck packs because of the lack of promo unlocks and now he creates a thread wondering if the deck unlocks would be available day 1. Money Mouth
I enjoy the process of unlocking too - it's like getting aquainted with each card and so on. But - keys are like a guarantee against losing unlocked cards - and that's not a rare case, unfortunately.
Regardless of how people feel about the keys, it's completely in Wizards' best interests to release them at the same time as the decks themselves. In fact there's absolutely no upside to delaying the release.

Simple math: Less people will buy them 2 weeks after release because most people will have them unlocked 2 weeks after release.
And the simple brutal fact is, the keys aren't there as a courtesy, they're there because Wizards (or whoever) wants to make money off them.

It's good to know that there's a solid release date though. That's actually a great deal of progress on the issue.
Yes. Less that a month this time.
Progress.

Show

Yes. Less that a month this time. Progress.

Lol, I just bought the foil unlock today...on psn. 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I just think its funny that the OP, chavafx, was so adamant on other threads that he wasn't buying the deck packs because of the lack of promo unlocks and now he creates a thread wondering if the deck unlocks would be available day 1. 

hehe i know   actually   i love duels so much that i own  duels and every dlc for all 4 platforms
(xbox/psn/ios/steam) ..   and yes i know  is a bit extreme but  when the first duels came i don't like any other game  as much as magic duels of the planes walkers  .. the only reason i conplain is because the 10 promotional missing cards on the dlc whas/is a massive let down  from wotc..     that's why  i wanned to let them know that even such extreme fun boy like me won't be happy with such  stu--d move.

and wizards_sean thanks for the release dates..   and sorry for the whining  but sometimes is necessary.
and i want you to know that the problem is never with you  but with wotc ..   i actually like what you do  alot  so thank you for what you do (wizards  sean)
I actually like to play on Xbox mainly, and sometimes I'll play on Steam to play with certain friends or tournaments. I'm probably not the norm, but I'd definitely like to be able to pay Wizards to just have the cards rather than unlock them on every platform I play on. (My guess is there's some reason behind the scenes as to why PS3 and Steam can't seem to release DLC on time, rather than a mandate by Wizards.)