12/4/2012 RC: "Unleash the Beastmaster"

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's ReConstructed, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Error: Article not found.
Wow! And I was just about to lose all hope in mono-colored decks in Standard, what to speak of mono-green. Very cool.
Huh. I was just thinking about our friend Wild Beastmaster. I was playing around with the Mayor/Hamlet Captain/Wild Beastmaster route, and I'm kinda glad to see someone else was thinking the same thing.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
I kinda miss the Mayor ... he's a cheap rare and does so many good things here
I wonder what that Funeral Pyre was supposed to be in the R/U Battle Experiment deck...

Also, while the Battle of Wits deck is awesome, it missed out on a huge chance to run Psychic Spiral.

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

I wonder what that Funeral Pyre was supposed to be in the R/U Battle Experiment deck...

Also, while the Battle of Wits deck is awesome, it missed out on a huge chance to run Psychic Spiral.

I'm pretty sure those Funeral Pyres should actually be Harvest Pyres. 

I'm pretty sure those Funeral Pyres should actually be Harvest Pyres. 

Ah, thanks Gavin.

I completely forgot Harvest Pyre even existed. XD

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

The Defender Combo is amusing. Ludevic's Test Subject is so perfect there!

In fact, wow, you were right about the creativity in these budget decks.
I also really like the look of the Azorius Beatdown deck, the hilarious one-mana Turbospells deck, the Ethereal Beatdown deck, and the Tasty Humans deck. I could see building several of those for FNM. Awesome stuff!

Sign In to post comments