Abrupt Decay
Vampire Nighthawk
Thragtusk
Blood Artist
Dreadbore
Sign in Blood 
Olivia Voldaren 
Rancor 

This deck is stil in progress and I wanted to share and see what other perspectives there were—this will most likely be the direction I move once gatecrash rolls around.
Cry no love to the creativity...
you bumped after 23 minutes..... what do you expect?

i don't see why you're running fling.... for bone splinters..... or bump in the night.... 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

these forums are slow.

it's all to be different.

fling - as another way to aggro
splinters to sac undying into haste in 1st main
bump—like searing; to splash for the final damage

clearly you don't see the creativity/combo-side (does it work is another question).

trolls will make troll comments though...
you can't throw around baseless troll accusations, that's not cool

i didn't troll.  i'm asking questions that you aren't seriously considering.

no i see no creativity in this deck.  undying?  you mean the one creature you have with it?

bump.... you're like half aggro half midrange... you're not an all in aggro deck like old zombies lists.  it's not a very effect card, you should run a universal burn spell to clear blockers AND that can be aimed at the head later in the game.

splinters is a bad card.  not much i can say about that.  fling also isn't that strong here.

if you don't want to get advice, then don't ask         

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

Photobucket

You must be new here.

You ask for others perspectives, and then call them a troll for giving you their thoughts? Brilliant. Guess I'm a troll then.

In your deck, fling is, 90% of the time, is a bad Searing Spear. There is rarely a good reason to sacrifice one of your own guys, unless it is for the last few points of damage. Otherwise, you are hurting yoru own board position for marginal gain. You only have 4 undying creatures to "abuse" this effect, but really, a 2 mana shock that costs you a card and a half is just terrible. Same thing for bone splinters. You are better off running real removal.

Also, Fling and Bone splinters wont help you come back from being behind.

you bumped after 23 minutes..... what do you expect?

i don't see why you're running fling.... for bone splinters..... or bump in the night.... 

overdone on the ellipse (...) is bias towards a sarcastic response. meaning to troll or not; your word choice is poor.

no i see no creativity in this deck.  undying? yes 
you mean the one creature you have with it? clearly, and your problem is?
you should run a universal burn spell to clear blockers AND that can be aimed at the head later in the game. like? (...) because (...)
splinters is a bad card.  for the application of what was just pointed out, what's better...
fling also isn't that strong here. the latter^^

"if you don't want to get advice, then don't ask"

(a) you didn't give any advice
(b) I didn't ask for your "****"
(c) If you can answer those question then I'd respectfully retract my previous accusations on you.(d) until ^^...you're a troll...
You must be new here.

You ask for others perspectives, and then call them a troll for giving you their thoughts? Brilliant. Guess I'm a troll then.

In your deck, fling is, 90% of the time, is a bad Searing Spear. There is rarely a good reason to sacrifice one of your own guys, unless it is for the last few points of damage. Otherwise, you are hurting yoru own board position for marginal gain. You only have 4 undying creatures to "abuse" this effect, but really, a 2 mana shock that costs you a card and a half is just terrible. Same thing for bone splinters. You are better off running real removal.

Also, Fling and Bone splinters wont help you come back from being behind.

It's not about maintaining any form of board position cotrol other than neutral/empty state. the undying isn't really there to abuse, the fling concept as much as it would be to fling an aristocrat or hellkite or vex. mortars is the only response I have to a lost board state.

what changes could be done to insure the board stays empty to neutral.. without sacrificing the philosophy of the deck. 
There is zero benefit to keeping the board state neutral. You are much better off finding ways to keep the board state in your favor.

I mean, if you play aristocrat into their Resto Angel, wouldn't you rather just kill the angel and slam in for 4 than spend two cards to kill the angel and end up with nothing? You don't have anything that benefits the board state you are trying to acheive. People will be playing more threats than you will be able to reasonably answer (especially with no supplemental card draw). Eventually, you will have an empty hand and someone will resolve a threat. When you topdeck a fling there with no board prescence, its a dead card.

Run Ultimate price or murder instead. Both are superior to Fling/Splinters.
It's pushing the deck more and more into rakdos - I'm trying to avoid making it "another" R/B aggro Frown
I get what you're saying though.
Thragtusk is literally the only reason I would consider running Fling in this meta, and even that isn't great.

Also, a deck relying on Fling without stuff like Zealous Conscripts/Mark of Mutiny...what world are we on here?
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
it really doesn't... But I'm hoping that come gatecrash — there's going to be some love. 
Thragtusk is literally the only reason I would consider running Fling in this meta, and even that isn't great.

Also, a deck relying on Fling without stuff like Zealous Conscripts/Mark of Mutiny...what world are we on here?

problem is conceptually the deck relies on a near perfect boardstate and sequences to be effecive. Cry

oh dear.
it really doesn't... But I'm hoping that come gatecrash — there's going to be some love. 

You really shouldn't be building a deck based on cards we have no idea we're going to get.  Once spoiler season is well underway we can start thinking of new decks.

This just seems to be a waste of time.  You've got a list full of cards that are either bad (Splinters) or too weak based on what else you have (Bump, Fling)

For the meta as it s right now, and based on what I see in the deck, Green should get cut, change to some more useful removal like Pillar of Flame, or Victim of Night, then either cut Fling or give it some support from Mark of Mutiny and Zealous Conscripts.  Then you can either just steal dudes and after you swing you can Fling them or have Aristocrat snack on them.

Trust me, you're no where near being "just another RB Aggro deck".
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.

You really shouldn't be building a deck based on cards we have no idea we're going to get.  Once spoiler season is well underway we can start thinking of new decks.

This just seems to be a waste of time.  You've got a list full of cards that are either bad (Splinters) or too weak based on what else you have (Bump, Fling)

For the meta as it s right now, and based on what I see in the deck, Green should get cut, change to some more useful removal like Pillar of Flame, or Victim of Night, then either cut Fling or give it some support from Mark of Mutiny and Zealous Conscripts.  Then you can either just steal dudes and after you swing you can Fling them or have Aristocrat snack on them.

Trust me, you're no where near being "just another RB Aggro deck".

Probably the most logical option for something like this to move into...

well....

ok, whatever.  there are rakdos decks out there that are doing the threaten style with creatures with built-in sac for value.     

Photobucket

well....

This is the sound of the blood vessels in B_F's head getting ready to burst.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Sign In to post comments