Rare creature types game

70 posts / 0 new
Last post
So we know there are some creature types which are kinda rare.
There are camels, assembly workers even gnomes. 
So if u look at the heading this is the game for those kind of creature types.

Rules: 
1. Make a creature card of the rare type the above post asked you to.
2. Name another rare creature type for the post below you.
3. Have fun!

So the starting creature type is... OCTOPUS!

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

Eight-fold Grappler
Creature - Octopus Warrior (U)
~ enters the battlefield with eight tentacle counters on it.
Other creatures with tentacle counters on them don't untap during their controller's untap step.
, remove a tentacle coutner from ~: Put a tentacle counter on another target creature.
2/6

Next - Metathran
Unstable Metathran -

Creature - Metathran Zombie

When ~ attacks, sacrifice it. If you do, each other creature you control is unblockable this turn.

2/5 

Next - Wombat 
Raging Wombat
2R

Creature - Wombat (U)

Whenever Raging Wombat attacks, it gets +2/+2 until the end of turn for each other card named Raging Wombat attacking.

"An army of raging wombats."
- Gruul expression meaning a dangerous growing army.

2/2

Next - Flagbearer!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

Feral Wombat

Rare
Feral Wombat gets +1/+1 for each aura you control
Whenever a creature you control becomes enchanted, draw a card.
2/2

Masticore!
Banticore 
Creature - Masticore Flagbearer

: Regenerate

: Banticore deals 1 damage to target creature.

Discard a card: Target spell or ability with a single target now targets Banticore.

5/5

Ferret!
Ferret is a type?
Yes.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

bandit 1G
legendary ferret 

when a player casts a spell, put a 1/1 green ferret creature token on the field
when a ferret becomes blocked, tap the blocking creatures. they dont untap during their controlers next untap step.

1/1

lets go with... assembly-worker! 

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Esper gem-miner    
artifact creature-assembly worker

sacrifice an assembly worker: Add two mana of any color to your mana pool

:target assembly worker gets +1/+1 untill the end of turn.

Make A Mongoose! (they always have hexproof, of some sort.)
Leaping Mongoose
Creature - Mongoose
Hexproof
: ~ gains flying until the end of the turn.

2/1

Brushwagg

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Embercoat Waggling

Creature - Brushwagg
Break Through (if this creature would deal lethal damage to all creatures blocking it, it deals damage to the defending player as thought it was not blocked)
: Embercoat Waggling gets +1/+0 until end of turn. At the beginning of the next end phase sacrifice Embercoat Waggling.
3/4

next: nephilim 
Nephilim Overlord
WWWUUUBBBRRRGGG

Legendary creature - Nephilim (M)

Trample
Whenever ~ attacks, return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped and attacking. Whenever ~ deals combat damgage to a player, put two +1/+1 counters on it, draw that many cards, put a 1/1 colorless Sand creature token onto the battlefield for each land you control and deals that much damage to each creature that player controls.

"Uh oh..."
- All ten guild masters of Ravnica

11/11

I would like - Manticore

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Little Manticore |
Creature - Manticorn
~ has flying as long as a creature your opponent controls has been dealt damage by the ability of a creature you control this turn.
The crimson little brother.
1/1

BUNNIES!
(rabbit)
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
My People Tallies
MagicPablo666: 1 ChaosLight: 1
White Rabbit
Creature - Rabbit
Whenever a creature blocks or is blocked by White Rabbit, exile that creature.  At the beginning of the next end step, return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control with a +1/+1 counter on it.

1/1

weird, please!

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

A creative hub for art and all things Magical, Dungeony, and Dragony!

Feel free to copy this into your sig, adding one to the generation number.

Generation=0

I like to tell people what I think o' their cards. Mostly 'cause I like to be told what others think of mine. I'm pretty into that card. Very flavourful and literary references are always welcome. I do believe that this card requires flavour text. But, otherwise I have nothing but compliments for the design.

Weird of Words
Creature - Weird
Weird of Words' power and toughness are equal to 100 minus the number of cards in each library.

"The more you know, the bigger it grows."

*/*

Criteria: Sandy Sands!

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

Placed in a set where there are Desert Lands similar in scope to Snow-Covered Lands but non-basic that are "Land - Desert Island/Pain/Forest/Mountain/Swamp"

Silt Swimmer  
Creature - Sand Beast
Desertwalk
Silt Swimmer's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Desert permanents in play.
It swims the seas of sand, leaving dust storms and sinkholes in its wake.
*/*

I want to see some Ferrets!

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Fuzzy wuzzums

Creature-Ferret
Protection from creatures.
Aw look at his fuzzy li'l face~
2/1     

Dryad

Dryad is rare??? there are 20+ of them...

Anyway,

Sylvan Dryad   
Creature - Dryad
: Regenerate target Treefolk or Forest.
1/1

next is Bringer!

Bringer of the Black Dusk |
Creature -- Bringer
You may pay rather than pay Bringer of the Black Dusk's mana cost.
Trample
At the end of your end step, up to two target creatures are hidden until the beginning of your next turn.

Next: Frog

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Tonguelasher

Creature-Frog
Protection from Flying
: Tonguelasher fights target creature.
 2/3

Gremlin 

Darkwood Fiend
Creature - Gremlin
Undying
When Darkwood Fiend enters the battlefield, target opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
"Tricks and treats -- blood and meats."
1/1

next: Homunculus

Spell Vassal
Creature Homunculus
Imprint — When Spell Vassal enters the battlefield, you may exile an instant or sorcery card that targets a creature or creatures from your hand.
You may copy the exiled card targeting Spell Vassal by paying the spells casting cost once each turn.
~"to master the craft, one must practice on oneself."
(0/2)

next: snail
Half-Baked Homunculus
Legendary Creature - Homunculus
Flying
You may start the game with Half-Baked Homunculus in play. If you do, lose 3 life.
1/1

next: APE

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Experimenting Snail

Creature - Snail (R)
Experimenting Snail enters the battlefield with 3 cage counters on it.
: Remove a cage counter from Experimenting Snail. If there are no more cage counters left on Experimenting snail, sacrifice it and put a 10/10 Horror token creature with trample onto the battlefield.

1/1

Alpha Ape

Creature - Ape (R)

Each other Ape creature gets +1/+1.

"What's worse than a large army  of apes?"
-Common Gruul Riddle

4/4

I want Flagbearer!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Experimenting Snail Creature - Snail (R) Experimenting Snail enters the battlefield with 3 cage counters on it. : Remove a cage counter from Experimenting Snail. If there are no more cage counters left on Experimenting snail, sacrifice it and put a 10/10 Horror token creature with trample onto the battlefield. 1/1 Alpha Ape Creature - Ape (R) Each other Ape creature gets +1/+1. "What's worse than a large army  of apes?" -Common Gruul Riddle 4/4 I want Flagbearer!

Experimenting Snail is a 5 cc for 10/10 trample? Definitely OP unless you can only remove one counter each turn... and Flagbearer was chosen before....

Anyway,

Magnetic Golem                     
Artifact Creature - Golem Flagbearer
While choosing targets as part of casting a spell or activating an ability, your opponents must choose at least one Flagbearer on the battlefield if able.
"I know your artifacts are precious, but don't you think it's better to let a machination bear the flag rather than human?" Gerrard, to Urza
4/4

Next is Beeble! (look for these cuties in Urza's block if you don't know what it is)
Bumbling Beebles
Creature - Beeble
Defender
: ~ loses Defender until end of turn.
All combat damage dealt to or by ~ is prevented unless it would damage a player or planeswalker.
2/2

Ouphe

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Gnawing Ouphe
Trample,
This creature can only be blocked by one creature, and that creature may only have power and toughness of two or less unless an oponenet sacrifices a noncreature perminant
"It spiecalizes in cewing up anything put it can get it's claw on, much like many other preditors I know." Garruk Wildspeaker
3/3
Noggle
Noggle Runt  :ur:
Creature - Noggle Rogue

:T:: Noggle Runt deals 1 damage to each player. If a player was dealt damage this way, you may gain control of target artifact that player controls with converted mana cost 1 or less.

"Annoying little buggers, them 'oggles" -Gaddock Teeg

0/1

Squirrels!
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Pandemonium Squirrels |
Creature - Squirrel
When you cast ~, copy ~.
When ~ is declared as an attacker, flip a coin. If that coin is heads, flip a coin. If that coin is tails, copy ~ twice.
The squirrels... they're everywhere...

everywhere.
2/2
Shadow
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
My People Tallies
MagicPablo666: 1 ChaosLight: 1
The follower    
legendary enchantment-aura-shadow

enchant a creature you control 

when enchanted creature dies, exile the follower, and put a token that is a copy of the enchanted creature exept its named the follower, is legendary, is black,  is a shadow in addition to all other creature types, and is unblockable

a shadow is a freind, following you with out question untill the day you die.

That's a mouth full.

next: spellshaper! (note: they all have activate abilities that make you discard a card when you activate them.)

"is" does not have to used everytime

Cliff Note Taker

Creatue Wizard Spellshaper
draw a card then discard a card
if the discarded card is black, target creature gains intimidate until the end of turn
if the discarded card is white, target creature gains lifelink until the end of turn
if the discarded card is a land, add to your mana pool
~"I'll make a note of it"
(1/1)

next: a horse
Shadowfax |
Legendary Creature -- Horse
Haste, banding
At the beginning of the end step, return Shadowfax to your hand.
1/6

Criteria: Anteater

Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD

Build Around This
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
At the end of your end step, up to two target creatures are hidden until the beginning of your next turn.

Two target creatures are hidden?

Rules Advisor

Two target creatures are hidden?

Like cards in a library.  I'm sure it would take some rules revisions.

Also, your question was not of the Anteater type.

Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD

Build Around This
Armadillo
Creature Anteater
destroy target insect or Faerie of 3 mana toll or less
~"some believe insects were the on land, the first in the air and the menu"
(1/3)

next: a kangaroo
Kangaroo Mother
Haste
put a 1/1 joey creature token onto the battlefield under your control.
2/2

Atog!!!!
Toxiatog 
Creature Atog
remove a poison counter from target player: Poison Eater gains +3/-1 and deathtouch until the end of turn. You may play this ability only twice each turn.
~"poison is volatile by it's own design"
(1/2)

an insect
I suggest a better name, Toxiatog. Would being full of poison lead to deathtouch by any chance?

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

sure

criteria: an insect
Bot Fly 
Creature - Insect (R)

Flying

:T:: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn. At the beginning of the next end step, put a copy of Bot Fly onto the battlefield.

1/1

Next up: Anteater!