BWR Aggro

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Haven't posted a decklist here in a while; here's the current brew I'm working on.

3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 Dark Confidant
4 Grim Lavamancer
4 Steppe Lynx
3 Tidehollow Sculler
2 Fulminator Mage
1 Goblin Ruinblaster

1 Path to Exile
2 Electrickery
1 Mizzium Mortars
1 Terminate
3 Lightning Bolt
1 Oblivion Ring

3 Thoughtseize
2 Inquisition of Kozilek
2 Ajani Vengeant
4 Arid Mesa
4 Marsh Flats
1 Evolving Wilds
1 Lavaclaw Reaches
2 Tectonic Edge
2 Godless Shrine
2 Sacred Foundry
1 Blood Crypt
3 Swamp
2 Plains
2 Mountain

Sideboard
4 Magus of the Moon
4 Kitchen Finks
4 Surgical Extraction
1 ???
2 Vandalblast

Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
I find your lack of Lightning Helix disturbing.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGNichecopy.png)

Fix your Forum Experience here: http://community.wizards.com/forum/new-site-feedback/threads/3925861

Boasts?

2011 States Top 4
Multiple 2013 IQ Top 4/8 Finishes
Designer of Top 8 States finishing MBC decks in 2011, 2010, and 2009 
Standard Forum - Iron Deck Builder Season One Champ

Favorite Quotes

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." - Laurence J. Peter 
"It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Lavaclaw Reaches and Evolving Wilds are just going to slow you down.  Cutting them still leaves you with 22 lands, which seems more than enough for what you're doing.  Maybe use that as room for 2 Lighting Helix.

I'm a little worried about those Tectonic Edges, you have a lot of color requirements for your spells, more basics might be the way to go here.

Those 2 Ajani V are giving me pause too.  Even with your land as it is now, and "drawing" off of Bob, I don't know if you can cast him by turn 5.  And I think most of the time you'd just be Lightning Helixing with him any way right? That could just be used for 2 Helixs.  With 8 Fetchlands, Bob, and Thoughtseize, you just might need to lifegain to offset the life your lossing in the face of Aggro. 

3 Bolts and 1 Path seems a little weird.  Might be better to bolster their numbers.  I don't see a need for Mortars if you can run Path, and with all that choice discard, I can't think of any non-Creature's you'd want to Exile, so O-Ring could probably go too.

How many targets are there for Electrikery?  I feel like it should be something else.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
Lightning Helix does kind of want in.

Lavaclaw Reaches is necessary as a manasink+dood later in the game. He swings for 5+ when I have no other use for mana, survives board wipes, and taps for two of my colors. Coming in tapped is rarely a problem. 

Wilds is a 9th fetch for Steppe Lynx and grabbing any basic can be relevant, for instance post-board when playing through my own Magus. 

Ajani is not usually a Lightning Helix; he is usually part of the denial plan. 

So far Electrickery has not been underperforming; it just hasn't been there for me. Almost every match I've played, an Electrickery would've been game-winning at some point and I didn't see it. I may cut Mortars for a third Electrikery.

Of course, on paper it always looks weak to me too, and I want to cut it. If I did, it would probably be for Geopedes.

So far the biggest problem I'm finding is not hitting hard fast enough.  Unfortunately, the best way to fix this is Goblin Guide, who clashes with my secondary game plan.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.