2013 Never going to be fixed?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
So its been quite a while since the game has released and still to this date there are glaring bugs and issues with the game that have not been taken care of which is beyond mind boggling. Honestly at this point the only thing I can reasonably come up with is that the devs of this are only interested in squeezing as much money out of this as possible without having to do any work to fix a very very broken product. The netcode alone for the game is a glaring beacon of what should never ever be put in a game, Honestly the person or people responsible for letting that go into the game and pass through launch should be fired from the field of game dev and never ever be let back in. Yes I am ranting but I have lost deck progress 3 times with still no patch to fix this, It takes 5 mintues to load into the game when I have a beast computer? This is a issue for many many other people as well. Joining multiplayer matches is a complete nightmare on steam, it either A does not work, B tells me I simply cannot join games or C puts me in a request pending status in which I have to completly shut down the game and steam and restart everything to try and get a chance to get back into multiplayer which does not always work. Honestly can you sit there with a straight face Stainless and Wizards and say this is the best you can do? Is this the service we deserve for investing money into your game and companies? Its time to face facts and either admit you built a very crappy game with horrible netcode and gamecode and are unable to fix it or give us some reason why it has not been fixed at all yet? Is this the same level of service we should expect as well with 2014? Its issues like these that destroy companies and destroy our faith in people actually making games we care about.

Regards,
A very Unhappy Customer. 
Poor steams users, PS3 version doesn't have any relevant bug

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Must be nice
Yes that is bad.
It seems Steam players have massive issues with progress lost this year.

One thing I can say on the bright side is that the Devs do pay attention to the community and improve on the game in each incarnation.
It may never be perfect but it always gets better.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Based on Duels'12, Duels '13 will not be fixed no.

They will hopefully have addressed the issues for '14, but there's no reason to think anything will change for '13.
They have again been actively deceptive by giving the impression fixes will be made, then pulling out and abandoning the game and just using any info for the next game.

We've done everything we can to try and get them to fix it, but they have failed us again. I sympathize with your experience. And yes, I'd fully expect the same thing to happen with D14. Since they refuse to consider the idea of a Beta, D14 is bound to be packed full of new bugs along with those from D13 that don't get fixed.
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
I know I'm going to hold off at least a couple of weeks on 2014 and see if the Steam netcode is any better. If there's still "your request to join is pending" stuff going on, I won't bother most likely. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate expansions and deck packs, but there's still fixing the game. You still can't get Sewer Nemesis from Defence, an otherwise stellar play most of the time. Draining Whelk and Mystic Snake are basically non-functional against decks with removal. No word on any attempt being made to fix any of it. If Stainless can't take it seriously, they should sell rights to someone who will.

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

This is a bummer. I just purchased it.
This is a bummer. I just purchased it.

Gladstoner, check out this thread. I can't remember what page but there's info on making a steam backup folder so WHEN you lose your progress, you'll be able to use your backup file and restore.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Gladstoner, don't feel bad -- yes, it has a lot of little errors that they just don't care to fix.

It's STILL an incredible product for it's value.  I'm currently up over 400 hours played.  For under $40.

It's sorta hard to reconcile that Stainless is a very consumer-unfriendly corporation, with the fact that almost everything ELSE released is worse.
Gladstoner, don't feel bad -- yes, it has a lot of little errors that they just don't care to fix.

It's STILL an incredible product for it's value.  I'm currently up over 400 hours played.  For under $40.

It's sorta hard to reconcile that Stainless is a very consumer-unfriendly corporation, with the fact that almost everything ELSE released is worse.

Agreed.  There are tons of bugs and the netcode can be irritating, but it is nonetheless an amazing game, even with Steam (I run it on both Steam and xbox but prefer the steam version).
I just honestly cant understand why Stainless or Wizards would let huge glaring issues like this just stay as is.. It stands against everything game devs and companies who make games stand for. Are they just that greedy for money that they refuse to fix a seriously broken product?
It stands against everything game devs and companies who make games stand for.

I hate the bugs and glitches as much as anyone else but this statement is completely false.  Yes, there are absolutely game developers and publishers that care about their products (I feel Bioware is an example of this but others may disagree).  Oblivion has several game breaking bugs that were never fixed, such as entire progress for all game saves being corrupted and then unusable.  This issue occurs on Xbox and PS3 but is easily fixed with a user created patch on the PC.  Bethesda Softworks did not fix it.

Dead Space 2 is another example.  In the MP, the objective (which is almost always taking some type of object from point A to point B) simply disappears from the map never to reappear.  The team currently losing has no choice but to take that loss through no fault of their own.  I'm sure there are many more examples.  Basically most game devs and publishers care about one thing (and Stainless and most especially Wizards are not excluded from this):  Money.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I just honestly cant understand why Stainless or Wizards would let huge glaring issues like this just stay as is.. It stands against everything game devs and companies who make games stand for. Are they just that greedy for money that they refuse to fix a seriously broken product?

Well, we have no evidence of their intent either way.  It's hard to talk about greed when we have no idea about their profit margin.  But my guess is that this is basically a budget game, and it takes in less revenue than most other games because it is very cheap.  So we can't expect the same level of support as Skyrim or Mass Effect, for example.   I wish they'd charge more for the game and provide better support.  But their calculation is probably that if they did that, they would lose more customers overall than the number of customers they currently lose as a result of poor support.

Of course this is all just speculation on my part.  Maybe it's extremely profitable and they don't care about support because the game is as addictive as heroin and they'll never lose customers.   They give people a taste with the free demo and then you're hooked for life.  

Of course this is all just speculation on my part.  Maybe it's extremely profitable and they don't care about support because the game is as addictive as heroin and they'll never lose customers.   They give people a taste with the free demo and then you're hooked for life.  

Sucks trying to tie off and shove the controller into that vain.
I'll I have is bruises.
Well, back to the street corner so I can trick a bit more so I can get the new deck pack.

Show