Upcoming Events: Winter Fantasy January 24-27, 2013

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

Winter Fantasy 2013 Full Event List Goes Live

11/30/2012: BALDMAN GAMES ANNOUNCES BIGGEST SCHEDULE OF EVENTS EVER:

Baldman Games is preparing to make this year’s Winter Fantasy the biggest event ever to bear the name.

We’ve always prided ourselves on offering more gaming that any one person could play through in a single weekend - and this year we’re looking to put our past to shame, with over 44 individual events, spanning five different campaigns, in three different gaming systems; a total of 174 hours of gaming goodness!

That’s all before we include the over 800 board games, special guests, seminars, and the additional games we’re still looking to bring along. You do NOT want to miss out this year.

What are some of the tricks up our sleeves? Well, here are the latest highlights:

• DND Next Preview: A0: Danger at Darkshelf Quarry (2 hours): This adventure is a prequel to the Slave Lords series written by Skip Williams himself.

• DND Next Classic: G1: The Steading of the Hill Giant Chief: Voted part of the best adventure ever for the D&D 30th Anniversary and now available for your 9th level pre-gens to die in. Don’t miss it.

• Pathfinder Society: Jason Bulmahn Special Event: A world premier! The first ever event of its type - written for Winter Fantasy by none other than Jason Buhlman. Details coming soon!

• Living Forgotten Realms Battle Interactive: Bigger, deadlier, and the best rewards given yet. This runs one time on Saturday this year so tickets will go fast.

• AOA7-2 - Dust to Dust: The end is here! Join us for the exciting two-round interactive conclusion of Ashes of Athas, a living Dark Sun campaign for 4e D&D. Designed for 9th level AoA characters.

• Premiere LFR: 8 new rounds including a level 27 3-round EPIC!!

• Pathfinder Society 13 rounds for everybody from new players to long time junkies.

We’re working on getting our registration system up and running, and plan to open that up to you next week - so get ready, everyone. Winter Fantasy is just around the corner, and we can’t wait to have you all at the show!

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

For those wondering, Winter Fantasy is D&D Experience convention, reshaped and expanded.

As Obsidian Portal described it last October:

More Than Just D&D
Formerly known as DDXP, this year’s convention in Ft. Wayne Indiana will take on an exciting new shape known as Winter Fantasy. While the name and concept of Winter Fantasy isn’t exactly new, the show is going back to its roots and focusing on more things than just Dungeons & Dragons.

The expansions to the show this year include are exciting and we’ll be sure to let you know as all the details develop. So far they include:

• Pathfinder Society – featuring special events for the show written by Paizo

• Magic: The Gathering – Tournaments and casual play

• Board Games – The entire GenCon Board Games Library will be available for a total of over 800 board games to check out.

• Special Guests – folks from Paizo, Wizards of the Coast and possibly others will be in attendance to meet and talk with.

• Seminars – Topics are pending but there will be panels and more!

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Plaguescarred, do you work with Baldman games?
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
No

Yan
Montréal, Canada

No

Sad day.

I am going to be one of the DMs for Baldman games at WF and was hoping to be able to say hey in person .
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
I wish i could go, it would have been fun to meet y'all Wink

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Bump.  Hopefully someone else is going
Show