12/3/2012 Draft Simulator

142 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Draft Simulator, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Round 1:
Searing Spear
Sentinel Spider
Timberpack Wolf
Rancor
Primal Huntbeast
Arbor Elf
Rancor
Mwonvuli Beast Tracker
Canyon Minotaur
Bond Beetle
Crippling Blight
Yeva's Forcemage
Smelt
Ring of Thune
Plains

Round 2:
Deadly Recluse
Prey Upon
Timberpack Wolf
Centaur Courser
Searing Spear
Arbor Elf
Ring of Valkas
Volcanic Strength
Torch Fiend
Crimson Muckwader
Canyon Minotaur
Arbor Elf
Merfolk of the Pearl Trident
Kindled Fury
Forest

Round 3:
Reverberate
Sentinel Spider
Elixir of Immortality
Searing Spear
Flinthoof Boar
Centaur Courser
Titanic Growth
Centaur Courser
Revive
Door to Nothingness
Plains
Naturalize
Smelt
Smelt
Mountain

Even though Ajani is good, I personally always take the burn spell if it's there. And it pays off

So here is the deck I would have constructed 

3 Centaur Courser
3 Arbor Elf
2 Sentinel Spider 
2 Timberwatch Wolf
2 Canyon Minotaur
1 Mwonvuli Beast Tracker
1 Flinthoof Boar
1 Deadly Recluse 
1 Primal Huntbeast
3 Searing Spear
2 Rancor
1 Titanic Growth 
1 Prey Upon
11 Forest
6 Mountain

Don't be too smart to have fun
-Sartredes
If I didn't have a dire desire for that sentinel spider in P3p2, I totally would have picked up that door to nothingness.  As it is I'm still running 5-color. XD

Round 1:
Ajani, Caller of the Pride O.O!!!!! Me Likey!!
Knight of Infamy B/W exalted here I come!
Captain's Call wicked!
Rancor o.O...holy snot. green splash
Primal Huntbeast nothing better and he's decent.
Crusader of Odric I probably overrate this card, but eh...
Rancor:omg!:
Mwonvuli Beast Tracker Yeeeeeaaaahhh!
Aven Squire sweet.
Duty-Bound Deadnice
Ring of Xathrid decent
War Falcon probably won't see play, but why not.
Tormod's Crypt whatevs
Ring of Thune duuuuuude. yoink.
Plains whatevs

Round 2:
Pacifism On color removal vs. color weight heavy tribal house, taking the removal
Kitesail tough choice, but I loves me some flying
Ajani's Sunstriker lifelink!
Centaur Courserokay green seems more open than black, let's try G/W
Nicol Bolas, PlaneswalkerO.O!!!! WTF?  Ok, I know why it's been passed, but I sure as hell ain't passing it.
Dragonskull Summit Hell, I'mma try to play it too...
Farseek Color fixins for my now-5-color deck
Plummet removal.
Deadly Recluse stall
Titanic Growth decent
Timberpack Wolf little critter
Arbor Elf ramp
Clock of Omens whatevs
Kindled Fury whatevs
Forest whatevs

Round 3:
Divine Verdict Removal.
Sentinel Spider Serra Spider!  Really want that Door and that Gem, but I really really really need this spider.  Both of them will probably wheel.
Pillarfield Ox Need creatures and this has a good fat butt
Prized Elephant 4/4 tramply for 4
Deadly Recluse stall
Pacifism o.O?  How is this going so late??? Yoink!
Guardians of Akrasa Need this too much to afford toying with the Dryad sadly.
Rise from the Grave What the hell is up with these computer drafters?
Revive whatevs
Gem of Becoming Both this and the Door wheeled, but I need this regardless and the door can only really be played with this already and i can't take both so....
Index whatevs
Worldfire reject-rare-draft!
Hydrosurge whatevs
Smelt whatevs
Mountain whatevs

Creatures (16)

Non-Creatures (10)
[deck]
2x Rancor
2x Pacifism
1x Farseek
1x Kitesail
1x Ajani, Caller of the Pride
1x Gem of Becoming
1x Rise from the Grave
1x Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
[/deck]

Lands (19)
[deck]
1x Mountain
1x Island
2x Swamp
7x Plains
8x Forest
[/deck]

Yes I'm playing 45 cards, no I don't care.  I get to play TWO, read that, TWO FRIGGIN PLANESWALKERS IN LIMITED!!!

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

With Ajani as P1P1 and Knight of Infamy as P1P2, followed by double Crippling Blights, I felt a lot was needed to push me out of a straight B/W (hopefully Exalted) deck. There was really nothing that gave me reason to doubt this choice, even though I did pass an awful lot of Searing Spears. With plenty of Exalted creatures, an abundance of removal, a good planeswalker and a pretty versatile sideboard, I would feel quite confident playing this deck. The one thing I'd like to change would be a Sign in Blood or two, since the mana curve is pretty low and this deck would play out aggressively.

Lands:
8 Island
9 Swamp
--- 17 Lands ---

Creatures:
War Falcon
Duty-Bound Dead
2 Tormented Soul

2 Aven Squire
Knight of Infamy
War Priest of Thune

2 Guardians of Akrasa
Giant Scorpion
Crusader of Odric

Duskmantle Prowler
--- 13 Creatures ---

Other Spells:
2 Crippling Blight

2 Pacifism

Ajani, Caller of the Pride
2 Murder
Safe Passage

Divine Verdict
Mark of the Vampire
--- 10 Other Spells ---

Notable Sideboard:
War Priest of Thune
Erase
Angel's Mercy
Duress
Tormod's Crypt
Crusader of Odric
Divine Favor
Ring of Thune
2 Rain of Blades

Draft picks:

Round 1: Searing Spear Turn to Slag Crippling Blight Crippling Blight Dark Favor Krenko's Command Duress Crippling Blight Canyon Minotaur Ravenous Rats Ring of Xathrid Divine Favor Smelt Arbor Elf Plains

Round 2: Essence Drain Chandra's Fury Murder Fire Elemental Searing Spear Dragonskull Summit Ring of Valkas Volcanic Strength Dragon Hatchling Kindled Fury Canyon Minotaur Reckless Brute Clock of Omens Kindled Fury Forest

Round 3: Duskmantle Prowler Duskmantle Prowler Murder Searing Spear Mark of the Vampire Tormented Soul Cleaver Riot Craterize Reverberate Gem of Becoming Kindled Fury Hydrosurge Smelt Smelt Mountain

Uber-removal deck for the lolz

1x Tormented Soul
3x Crippling Blight
3x Searing Spear
1x Reverberate
1x Krenko's Command
1x Dragon Hatchling
1x Ravenous Rats
1x Ring of Xathrid
1x Reckless Brute
2x Murder
2x Canyon Minotaur
2x Duskmantle Prowler
1x Fire Elemental
1x Turn to Slag
1x Chandra's Fury
1x Essence Drain    

Well this deck is kind of ridiculous and has an iffy mana curve (so many 5 drops  xD ) but it would piss off opponents to no end, heh.    Honestly, it would probably win a lot of matchups, except maybe a control-type deck.        

This is the first deck I came up with. It is a white/blue deck with a few random cards slipped in. I got lucky with Ajani, Caller of the Pride as my first pick and it really was the center piece. I would add in about 8-10 plains and 8-10 islands as basic lands. How does it look?

Round 1:
Faerie Invaders
Captain's Call
Kraken Hatchling
Harbor Serpent
Ring of Thune
Ajani's Sunstriker
Divine Favor
Aven Squire
Glorious Charge
Plains
Divine Favor
Plains
Island
Plains

Round 2:
Angel's Mercy
Kitesail
Rain of Blades
Arctic Aven
Tricks of the Trade
Harbor Serpent
Negate
Show of Valor
Warclamp Mastiff
Erase
Kraken Hatchling
Mountain
Island
Plains
Forest

Round 3:
Sleep
Angel's Mercy
Elixir of Immortality
Pillarfield Ox
Encrust
Attended Knight
Show of Valor
Crusader of Odric
Mountain
Unsummon
Index
Mind Sculpt
Smelt
Forest
Mountain

You've still got to work a bit on your card evaluation. ajani, caller of the pride is the obvious first pick because it's a bomb mythic than can help to take over the game if your opponent doesn't have an answer. You took faerie invaders and captain's call picks 2 and 3. I think there are better choices but the real mistake comes pick 4. kraken hatchling is situationally good but there are better options in the pack such as divination in the same color. Later pack one you pick harbor serpent and ajani's sunstriker. These cards are clearly at odds with each other. You want to play 10 or 11 plains in order to reliably cast ajani's sunstriker turn 2. However, if you're not running 10-11 islands then harbor serpent is much less attractive also. In most limited decklists you want 17-18 lands so clearly these two cards are going to have issues in the same decklist.

While the computer is not the best replica of actual players ring of thune actually wheeled so the correct pick at number 6 was actually something else (a good pick would have been crusader of odric). Pack 2 angel's mercy isn't a good card and even if you really want the card you can be reasonably certain that it will wheel (you can get it 9th pick instead of first pick). You have to prioritize removal spells such as pacifism because they are so important in draft. Remember the acronym BREAD. Pack 2 pick one there are no bombs so take the removal spell.

Again in pack 3 pass on the angel's mercy pick 2. It's almost certainly going to wheel and you can pick it up 10th if you really want it but my advice is that you don't pick it or play it.

Actually go through the motions of building a 40 card decklist and then try playing it against some of the other 40 card decklists you see posted here. That will give you an idea of what the weaknesses of your draft was.
Don't be too smart to have fun
Round 1:
Knight of Infamy
Captain's Call
Rancor
War Priest of Thune
Crusader of Odric
Rancor
War Falcon
Aven Squire
Duty-Bound Dead
Crippling Blight
War Falcon
Tormod's Crypt
Ring of Thune
Plains

Round 2:
Pacifism
Guardians of Akrasa
Murder
Aven Squire
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
Rain of Blades
Tormented Soul
Show of Valor
Deadly Recluse
Erase
Rain of Blades
Giant Scorpion
Goblin Battle Jester
Kindled Fury
Forest

Round 3:
Duskmantle Prowler
Duskmantle Prowler
Cower in Fear
Prized Elephant
Mark of the Vampire
Attended Knight
Guardians of Akrasa
Crusader of Odric
Reverberate
Gem of Becoming
Kindled Fury
Mind Sculpt
Smelt
Smelt
Mountain

Light on bombs, fast and deadly out the gate.  Love to draft but burned out on M13, lets have a switch to RtR already.

Creature Generating Spells (16)
2 x War Falcon
Tormented Soul
2 x Aven Squire
War Priest of Thune
Knight of Infamy
Attended Knight
2 x Crusader of Odric
Guardians of Akrasa
Giant Scorpion
Captain's Call
Prized Elephant
2 x Duskmantle Prowler

Other Spells (8)
Crippling Blight
2 x Rancor
Pacifism
Show of Valor
Cower in Fear
Murder

Land (16)
7 x Plains
6 x Swamp
3 x Forest

Notable Sideboard
Duty-Bound Dead
Deadly Recluse
Guardians of Akrasa
Tormod's Crypt
Erase
2 x Rain of Blades
Ring of Thune
Mark of the Vampire

Went W/G couldn't pass up that p1p2 spider and the draft played out that way.  Did notice lots of red removal tho and nice efficient black creatures.  p1p3 was a cutoff move to eliminate green to the guy to my left. and p2p9 Nocturnus was crazy as it wheeled and I hate drafted that guy ty very much and have a nice  day.

Round 1: Ajani, Caller of the Pride Sentinel Spider Timberpack Wolf Rancor War Priest of Thune Crusader of Odric Rancor Deadly Recluse Aven Squire Bond Beetle Ring of Xathrid War Falcon Smelt Arbor Elf Plains

Round 2: Pacifism Guardians of Akrasa Serra Angel Centaur Courser War Priest of Thune Rain of Blades Ring of Valkas Ring of Kalonia Vampire Nocturnus Titanic Growth Timberpack Wolf Arbor Elf Merfolk of the Pearl Trident Kindled Fury Forest

Round 3: Divine Verdict Sentinel Spider Pillarfield Ox Prized Elephant Deadly Recluse Pacifism Guardians of Akrasa Centaur Courser Revive Door to Nothingness Merfolk of the Pearl Trident Naturalize Smelt Smelt Mountain

Deck would have been

2x Pacifism
1x Divine Verdict
2x Rancor
1x Ring of Kalonia
1x Ajani, Caller of the Pride
1x Titanic Growth

2x Sentinel Spider
1x Serra Angel
2x Guardians of Akrasa
2x Centaur Courser
2x Deadly Recluse
1x Prized Elephant
1x Aven Squire
2x Timberpack Wolf
2x War Priest of Thune 

10 Forest    
7 plains  

Only thing I might consider different is putting in the arbor elves just to have some one drop creatures and to ramp into the spiders and serra of course slappin a rancor on him makes perfect sense as well.  maybe move the war pr  

Round 1:
Talrand's Invocation  I love opening this in M13
Clone
Bloodhunter Bat  I really like Essence Scatter but I think the bat is better.
Unsummon  Overall great card, the flexibility makes it shine
Sign in Blood
Archaeomancer
Augur of Bolas
Essence Scatter
Duty-Bound Dead
Aven Squire
Disentomb
Mark of Mutiny
Mind Sculpt
Fog
Forest

Round 2:
Tricks of the Trade  I wasn't too excited about this pick, since I'm already U/B at this point, wish it was Mark of the Vampire.
Vedalken Entrancer
Sign in Blood
Archaeomancer
Public Execution
Murder
Watercourser  I actually really like this guy
Giant Scorpion
Duress
Crippling Blight
Duty-Bound Dead
Titanic Growth
Craterize
Erase
Forest

Round 3:
Bloodhunter Bat
Vedalken Entrancer
Talrand's Invocation  2nd copy!
Augur of Bolas
Murder
Rancor
Mark of the Vampire
Ravenous Rats
Plummet
Rewind
Vile Rebirth
Wall of Fire
Index
Craterize
Mountain

I absolutely love Talrand's Invocation and I think it is the clear pick here.  I suppose you could argue Volcanic Geyser, but I feel like the power level is a lot lower than Talrand's Invocation.  Because of the Talrand's Invocation, I think I valued Archaeomancer higher.  In the right deck I think it can really shine.  Picking up another Talrand's Invocation was just awesome.  I think the Augur of Bolas will help a lot to find either Talrand's Invocation or Murder.  I really like 1 copy of Mark of the Vampire even though I think 2 would be great also.  This deck should be pretty good I think.

=======================================================================================================
mtgodraftcenter.blogspot.com/ 

I love my first pick, but started to swerve all over when I chose to go with a finisher with my 3rd pick.  Might have been better offer with a different 2nd color or just trying to go solo blue, but this is what I ended up with.

Creatures (12):
Kraken Hatchling
Goblin Arsonist
Augur of Bolas
Scroll Thief
Watercourser
Wind Drake
Rummaging Goblin
Clone
Talrand's Invocation x 2
Hamletback Goliath

Spells (10):
Unsummon x 2
Essence Scatter
Searing Spear
Divination x 2
Mark of Mutiny x 2
Fervor
Tricks of the Trade
Rewind

Artifacts (2):
Ring of Evos Isle
Ring of Valkas

Land (16):
Island x 10
Mountain x 6

It is very controling in concept.  It relys heavily on getting Ring of Evos Isle out and on something blue.  No matter what it goes on, it will get nasty quickly.

Having read some of the other posts now, I think black was the much better route, even though you shipped several good black card in pack 1.  Ahh well, some drafts just don't always work out like you hope.
Ahh yes, definately better as U/B.  The combo of exhault with so many Watercourser's is truely nasty.

Creatures (14):
Duty-Bound Dead x 3
Augur of Bolas x 2
Knight of Infamy
Watercourser x 3
Servant of Nefarox
Clone
Archaeomancer
Bloodhunter Bat x 2

Spells (8):
Unsummon x 2
Crippling Blight
Essence Scatter
Divination
Murder
Talrand's Invocation x 2

Artifacts (1):
Ring of Evos Isle

Land (17):
Drowned Catacomb
Island x 8
Swamp x 8

This deck is pretty nasty, with 3 Watercourser and 6 exhaults, not to mention if I can get a ring on him.  And while I really wanted to put one or both aura's in the deck, about the only time I would feel good about attaching one would be if the creature already had the ring on too.  With several ways of removing blockers I am sure I can get through the attack when I need to, and likely able to do 10+ damage when I do.
I picked mono green:

Round 1:
Elderscale Wurm
Mwonvuli Beast Tracker
Acidic Slime
Prey Upon
Prey Upon
Spiked Baloth
Titanic Growth
Vastwood Gorger
Titanic Growth
Naturalize
Fog
Bountiful Harvest
Serpent's Gift
Gem of Becoming
Swamp

Round 2:
Thragtusk
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
Rise from the Grave
Plummet
Arbor Elf
Ranger's Path
Mwonvuli Beast Tracker
Bloodthrone Vampire
Flinthoof Boar
Krenko's Command
Erase
Fog Bank
Erase
Forest
Island

Round 3:
Jace's Phantasm
Rancor
Bond Beetle
Ranger's Path
Yeva, Nature's Herold
Fungal Sprouting
Naturalize
Phylactery Lich
Redirect
Elvish Visionary
Naturalize
Kindled Fury
Fog
Revive
Plains

My deck contains:
14 Creatures/inclusive creature spells like Fungal Sprouting 
1x Arbor Elf
1x Bond Beetle
1x Elvish Visionary
1x Flinthoof Boar
1x Krenko's Command
2x Mwonvuli Beast Tracker
1x Yeva, Nature's Herald
1x Spiked Baloth
1x Fungal Sprouting
1x Thragtusk
1x Acidic Slime
1x Vastwood Gorger
1x Elderscale Wurm

11 Spells
1x Fog
2x Prey Upon
1x Rancor
1x Plummet
1x Naturalize
2x Titanic Growth
1x Revive
1x Ranger's Path
1x Bountiful Harvest

Land (17)
13x Forest
4x Mountain 

The average cost for a card in this deck ist about 2,88 Manacost.
(6x 1Mana, 8x 2Mana, 2x 3Mana, 4x 4Mana, 3x 5Mana, 1x 6Mana, 1x 7Mana)

Killers are of course: Elderscale Wurm (Mwonvuli Beast Tracker can make you draw this card), Yeva and Thragtusk, vastwood gorger, smaller creatures are always a threat too because of rancor, 2x titanic growth; 4 removals --> 1x plummet, 2x prey upon and acid slime hold evil cards away). This is it. Have fun discussing it.

Who/What Am I?
"I might have been a hmmm... eh-eh well, y'kno but, instead" I'm a fighter... --
peacekeepermedc.gif -- ...not a lover. This signature concept is from "http://www.pathguy.com/index2.htm"
html_removed
What I Doing Here?
@MTG Forums. Contestant: A Contest Like No Other hosted by Fakeartist. An Angelic Aspect In The Wild, Wild World Of The Mata Hari's Agency. @DnD Forums. Digital Artist In Training: What Do YOU Think MY Character Looks Like's Thread - @4e Character Development forum. Player (Osborn) - Bounty Hunter (Fighter DnDNext): DnD presents The Walking Dead @Play By Post Forum. Player (Shana Zorus) - Professional Bodyguard/Adventurer (Hybrid Warden/Paladin 4e): The Unhallowed Gate @Play By Post Haven Forum (DM by ffShadow) Player (Krist Breeze) - Twiceborn War Mage/Imbuer (Hybrid Warlord/Wizard 4e): Castle Greyhawk - @Real Adventures (DM by Icanus) Player (Blyne Munro) - Happy-Go-Lucky Scout/Explorer (Warlock 4e) Domain of Shadows-Darkness Falls - Play By Post Haven (DM by WhisperMagellan) Player (Ansmril) - Vistani Blessed Psalmist (Bard/Shaman 4e) The Dragon Below Can't Have It This Good - (And I'm The DM) DM - The Young Mercenaries/Ps'V-GoodShip Drow Diplomacy. DM - The Unlikely Diplomats/Ps'V- GoodShip Drow Diplomacy. DM - The Dragon Below Can't Have It This Good/Ps'V GoodShip Diplomacy. Referee - People Of Oz @Dorothy's Kansas Games(inactive). Oz League: The Ardent Lord w/People Of Oz @Dorothy's Kansas Games(inactive). Ps'V = The Players' Vault Forum Group In Which I'm The Owner Of.

Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
I found myself almost mono-green at the end.  But White has some really good removal, and then Black had some awesome fatties and I even snagged the HellKite... now what do I do?

Creatures (14):
Arbor Elf x 4
Timberpack Wolf
Elvish Visionary x 2
Deadly Recluse
Yeva's Forcemage x 2
Mwonvuli Beast Tracker
Thragtusk
Vastwood Gorger
Xathrid Gorgon

Spells (8):
Prey Upon x 3
Farseek
Pacifism x 2
Oblivion Ring
Predatory Rampage

Artifacts (2):
Ring of Kalonia
Ring of Xathrid

Lands (16):
Evolving Wilds
Swamp x 2
Plains x 3
Forest x 10

It was hard going to 16 lands (only 15 of which produce mana) but I looked at by cost breakdown: 1:7, 2:9, 3:4, 5:2, 6:2.  With 4 Arbor Elf to help accelerate along with the Farseek and Evolving Wilds for finding the off-color I need, I feel pretty good.  None of the W/B cards are double color, so perfect for the spalsh they represent.  Also I have 6 removal spells.  I am hoping that I will be able to find/play one of my 3 fatties fast enough to make Prey Upon always relevant.  Either that or getting my Ring of Kalonia early to make my < 3cc creatures turn into a fatty quick I wouldn't hate a turn 1 Arbor Elf followed by turn two Ring of Kalonia equipping on that elf and with 4 in a 40 card deck I would expect to see nearly every game.
The deck has real potential several differnt opening draws:
Turn 2 Ring on Elf (mentioned above)
Turn 2/3 Mwonvuli Beast Tracker into turn 4 Xathrid Gorgon
Turn 1 Elf, Turn 2 Elf+Farseek, Turn 3 Vastwood Gorger

Lots of options.  Unfortunately also lots of opens into worthless hands... no Rancor to make all those weenies into super fast threats.
Ok, I re-drafted, this time focusing on G/R, since there was alot of burn and G/R is very fast in this set.  And OH MY did I find a great deck.  Thragtusk might actually be too slow to be included...

Creatures (15):
Goblin Arsonist
Arbor Elf x 3
Chronomaton
Dragon Hatchling x 2
Flinthoof Boar
Timberpack Wolf
Elvish Visionary x 3
Centaur Courser
Yeva's Forcemage x 2

Spells (10):
Searing Spear x 3
Krenko's Command x 2
Titanic Growth x 3
Fervor
Flames of the Firebrand

Land (15):
Mountain x 7
Forest x 8

I can't believe I cut Thragtusk, Predatory Rampage and all rings.  But look at the deck, everything costs 3 or less, 4 burn spells, 3 pump spells.  I kept Fervor in because if you are dropping threats every turn, all your opponent can do is play defense.  and with all that burn and pump following up your creatures, they will never keep up.

With 5 1 cc creatures and 7 2 cc creatures, the odds of you dropping a creature every turn you don't want to burn/pump them through the early defense will be super high.  Even if you "waste" a turn playing Fervor you actually might cause them even more issues as they will never know what threat to prepare for.  I also love the Elvish Visionary in speed decks because they replace themselves with next turns threat.  The only card this deck doesn't have for speed rush is Rancor but then, that might be over-kill in this deck.

Round 1:
Vampire Nighthawk
Tormented Soul
Rancor
Ravenous Rats
Spiked Baloth
Cower in Fear
Farseek
Elvish Visionary
Titanic Growth
Farseek
Arbor Elf
Tormod's Crypt
Plummet
Angel's Mercy
Island

Round 2:
Elvish Visionary
Disciple of Bolas
Sign in Blood
Silklash Spider
Vile Rebirth
Elixir of Immortality
Acidic Slime
Bond Beetle
Tormented Soul
Spiked Baloth
Serpent's Gift
Fog
Index
Timberpack Wolf
Island

Round 3:
Phylactery Lich
Plummet
Servant of Nefarox
Vampire Nighthawk
Mountain
Mind Rot
Fog
Master of the Pearl Trident
Farseek
Bloodthrone Vampire
Sign in Blood
Crippling Blight
Crippling Blight
Faith's Reward
Mountain

Didn't mean to draft that first Mountain in Turn 3, blame the touchpad.

I'd say I'd have rolled them over. The best things they had were Serra Angel, Talrand, Sky Summoner, and someone even had a Jace, Memory Adept. Wouldn't have helped them though, I think. Just take a look. I got two Nighthawk and lots of card advantage gear. I was the only other person who drafted green which lead to a majority of the best green content. That was a really lucky guess for me. Four others drafted black, but I still ended up with some of the best content. I missed out on two Duress, but even so, I'd say I got more than enough to make up for it.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)