The Bourbon Everyone Wants But No One Can Get

86 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Dammit.  Now I have to try and find it.  I'm actually really interested in it cuz of the desciption of the flavor the article gives.  Totall what I look for in a bourbon.

EDIT: After a short look online, it appears I've had a very similar bourbon before.  Old Rip VanWinkle.  Good stuff as I recall.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

I thought you gave up on quality liquor and turned to the darkside and started drinking vodka and cranberry?

Also, yeah, I want to try it now.  
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
A pity that they produce such a paltry amount.
I thought you gave up on quality liquor and turned to the darkside and started drinking vodka and cranberry?

Also, yeah, I want to try it now.  

Of course I did.  I moved to N Carolina, didn't I? 

If it's better than Old Rip it'll be excellent.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

I wonder how it will make the brats taste. Sorry guys, bourbon is still nothing more than a cooking ingredient.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
So is cranberry juice.

Who actually drinks cranberry juice?
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
It's good for the prostate and just taste good.

I suppose being middle aged you need to really start thinking about that sort of thing eh?
I wonder how it will make the brats taste. Sorry guys, bourbon is still nothing more than a cooking ingredient.

So do you know what day your tastebuds died or were they stillborn?

Section Six Soldier

Meh.. you think a corvette shirt is appropriate dress for a job interview. Your taste in liquor is just as bad.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
So is cranberry juice.

Who actually drinks cranberry juice?

Actually, the real question is "who drinks vodka?" That stuff is terrible. That's why you have to add cranberry juice. To not taste the terrible garbage you are drinking.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Actually, the real question is "who drinks vodka?" That stuff is terrible. That's why you have to add cranberry juice. To not taste the terrible garbage you are drinking.

Section Six Soldier

Yeah, if you're an alcoholic.  If you only drink booze you can't drink, you may have a drinking problem.

Section Six Soldier

... I like my vodkas. And I like cranberry juice. So, I guess I have no taste!
Benevolent God of Death "No one told you when to run."

I've seen a large shot of vodka with cranberry juice being described as "Ukrainian Harvest".
There is vodka that actually tastes good clear.
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png

Meh.. you think a corvette shirt is appropriate dress for a job interview. Your taste in liquor is just as bad.

Says the rodent in toe shoes.

At least at the end of the day, neither of us is wearing an orange shirt, with a dead salt and peppered rat taped on our heads, while wearing cheap aviator knock off sunglasses.

ZB: they died after I tasted your mom!

Oh snap!

Amitting you have a problem is the first step in getting the help you need.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

google chrome cant find the web page, so I havnt a clue what youre all talking about.

but I will talk about some bourbon Ive tried recently. Jim Bean's 'Devil's Cut'. The angel's share is lost to evaporation and the devil's cut is trapped inside the barrel, until now... or thats what the bottle said anyways. basically, as I understand it, they take old bourbon barrels and press the whiskey out. gives it a very oaky taste, and a hell of a bite, but I kinda like that in a whiskey, stuff like Crown Royal is just too smooth and I end up drinking way too much. so yeah I give Devil's Cut a thumbs up. Looking for something to give you a little kick in the ass? This **** will punch you in the face!  

I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

google chrome cant find the web page, so I havnt a clue what youre all talking about.

but I will talk about some bourbon Ive tried recently. Jim Bean's 'Devil's Cut'. The angel's share is lost to evaporation and the devil's cut is trapped inside the barrel, until now... or thats what the bottle said anyways. basically, as I understand it, they take old bourbon barrels and press the whiskey out. gives it a very oaky taste, and a hell of a bite, but I kinda like that in a whiskey, stuff like Crown Royal is just too smooth and I end up drinking way too much. so yeah I give Devil's Cut a thumbs up. Looking for something to give you a little kick in the ass? This **** will punch you in the face!  

Sounds worth a try.
Owner and Proprietor of the House of Trolls. God of ownership and possession.

Amitting you have a problem is the first step in getting the help you need.

*shrug* Wanting to change would probably be the next, but that's a bridge too far. So, I'll keep my vodka, cranberry juice, and cape cods.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
Vodka vs Whisky

Methanol?! That sounds more like something homemade or from a science lab than actual vodka.
Seriously, calling methanol "vodka"...
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
Vodka vs Whisky

Good thing I don't have diabetes.
Good thing you don't drink wood alcohol. It seems one of his students either doesn't know how to make ethanol, or wanted to kill this human.

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

So you admit to having bad taste?  Finally, step one is completed.  You deserve a hug.

Section Six Soldier

So you admit to having bad taste?  Finally, step one is completed.  You deserve a hug.

Yes, give him a hug. ZB, run your hands through his hair. Yes, that's it.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
I can't make physical contact with him, I'm his therapist.  You oughtta know that, dood.

Section Six Soldier

I have no taste. Or is that shame?

Worlds different than bad taste. Bad taste would lead to things like the half ass salt and pepper stubble, orange shirts and aviator knock offs...
I have no taste. Or is that shame?

Worlds different than bad taste. Bad taste would lead to things like the half ass salt and pepper stubble, orange shirts and aviator knock offs...

Liking vodka is the American equivalent of the type of Canadian bad taste you describe.  ;)

Section Six Soldier

Nah that's thinking beer is good.
You just keep on thinkin' that.  Oh, good news!  I heard your complimentary orange shirt and aviation shades are on the way now - courtesy of the Canadian people, of course, as an acknowledgement of your adoption of their strict 'taste rules'.  Congrats!

Section Six Soldier

There's a mistake on the address. They are sending it to me by mistake. I'm sending them to the correct address, your place. They also are sending you a help guide to get some fugly salt and pepper stubble.

Canadians after all like beer.
Canadians don't know the first thing about beer, actually.  They do, however, know how to make excellent whisky ... for mixing.  So, you'd probably like it.  Cuz it's light and barely there.  Sorta like the vodka of the whisky world except actually palatable on its own.  If they get one thing right it's mild whisky.

Section Six Soldier

Clothes?  You don't seriously think you wear clothes in my world, do you?  That's so cute! 

Section Six Soldier

Lies.  You wouldn't have it any other way.

Section Six Soldier

You don't need to be.

Section Six Soldier

Yes, we will carry on ... together.

Section Six Soldier

You're lying.  I like it.

Section Six Soldier

Both, neither.  Does it really matter?

Section Six Soldier