1x Stillmoon Cavalier
1x Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
1x Divinity of Pride
1x Vindicate
1x Bloodgift Demon
1x Ghost Council of Orzhova
1x Blazing Archon

[/deck]

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Oh good, the return of Bloodgift Demon. I always like Arena effects.

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

Yay!
Ob is back!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

BTW, in the video they said that there are 2 x Debtors' Knell
BTW, the in the video they said that there are 2 x Debtors' Knell

Fixed. Thanks!

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Hmm, I wonder if I'm going to run both of them or not? It is one of my favorite B/W cards.
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp2013/ Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/ I am Blue/White

Hmm, I wonder if I'm going to run both of them or not? It is one of my favorite B/W cards.

Same here. I think that depends on how powerful Necromancer's Covenant is in the deck.

Same here. I think that depends on how powerful Necromancer's Covenant is in the deck.

The covenant is only going to hit one graveyard though, so I don't see it conflicting with the Knell too much. So what if you get rid of your opponent's graveyard that had a bunch of small cards that don't synergize with your stuff anyways (like Kor Spiritdancer and Invisible Stalker). I'd much rather be reviving my Bloodgift Demon or Ob Nixilis.

The decision for me to run both Knells or not is probably going to come down to what other good 5+ mana cards we have, and how many.
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp2013/ Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/ I am Blue/White
Ya...we certainly are going to have to wait to see what the rest of the deck has before any major decisions are made )especially about the higher curve cards) but I'm guessing Debtors' Knell will be rockin' it!  Even thoughtit is 7cmc, 2 Knells = 2 creatures a turn...could be brutal.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

Orzhov looks to me to be the "better" constructed deck. By better I mean more thought went into how it can be played.
As opposed to Gruul which, let's be honest, the rest of the deck can be trash and it will still kill on turn 5 with what little we know now.
I hope so. I don't like much of what I see here to be honest, flavour wise at least. The cards themselves are great individually, love debtors knell, love unmake, love the council, which we all assumed was in anyway. Another 50 cards to come yet though, minus let's say 15 for duplicates of these, being very generous there too. Can't wait for the rest of the list!
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Check it out, looks like the new lists are up: Click Here.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Hrrm. Stillmoon, 2 Nighthawks, and 3 Bloodgifts. I could just about handle this. This is basically a pure upgrade over ED so far as building it as a control deck. Only things really missing are No Mercy, Dread, and Worship. But this deck has so much more lifegain that missing Worship isn't all that bad.

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

3 Bloodgifts is ridiculous. 4 Unmakes and 4 Pillory of the sleepless is just the kind of removal the deck needs to get to its bombs. A bit sad there aren't any Vindicates, but this should still be good.
Hrrm. Stillmoon, 2 Nighthawks, and 3 Bloodgifts. I could just about handle this. This is basically a pure upgrade over ED so far as building it as a control deck. Only things really missing are No Mercy, Dread, and Worship. But this deck has so much more lifegain that missing Worship isn't all that bad.

Ehh, idk about that. ED has 2 Lieges, 2 Vindicates, and Royal Assassin as well. And btw, Dread is in OD, not ED.

3 Bloodgifts is ridiculous. 4 Unmakes and 4 Pillory of the sleepless is just the kind of removal the deck needs to get to its bombs. A bit sad there aren't any Vindicates, but this should still be good.

There's 1 Vindicate.
Oh right. Missed it somehow.
I really like how we got at least one Thrull card in the deck.  Deck has a nice Orzhov-y feel.  Bloodhunter Bat makes a good replacement for Blind Hunter.
IMAGE(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p268/TsengFox/20804.jpg)
Wow, loving this deck, should be fun with Liliana.
A full playset of Unmake? That (and Castigate) does not play nice with the graveyard manipulation. On second thought, other than a lone Reanimate, there isn't much stuff that can pull creatures from the graveyard that doesn't cost a whole bunch. It's more just stall and control until you can drop a bomb.

But I'm loving this deck anyhow. Can't wait to play it, and I love the flavour.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

They probably felt that it would be broken with Debtors' Knell and wanted you to only (or mostly) bring back your creatures.
They probably felt that it would be broken with Debtors' Knell and wanted you to only (or mostly) bring back your creatures.

I am perfectly okay with feeding Angel of Despair to Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter every turn and getting her back with Knell.

(I mostly play 2HG where hitting 7+ mana for at least three turns is not entirely ridiculous. Still, an Academy Rector to cheat the Knell out might have been fun.) 

I really like Tainted Sigil in there.

It directly combos with Pillory of the Sleepless, Bloodgift Demon, Reanimate, Soul Feast, Falkenrath Noble, Ghost Council of Orzhova and, behold, the mighty Bloodhunter Bat. Plus all the big swings from your fatties. So many momentum to make (or break) with that card.

After seeing the full decklist for Grim Procession I am more impressed with the deck and can see a lot of potential. Lots of stall and removal/lock cards (multiple Pillory of the Sleepless can really add up) and they can even play a little Sepulchral Strength with sacrificial generators,  sweepers, and Falkenrath Noble. Three copies of that last one. Lots of little life gain and life lose throughout the deck which should make fueling Bloodgift Demon easy to manage even with multiple copies. Hopefully the deck planner will have these up soon because I'm pretty eager to get cracking on this deck.
Reposted from Top Tier Tactics in handy mouseover form:

Unlocks:
[deck]
1x Deathbringer Liege
2x Unmake
2x Vampire Nighthawk
3x Falkenrath Noble
2x Edge of the Divinity
1x Voracious Hatchling
1x Angel of Despair
2x Zealous Persecution
1x Pillory of the Sleepless
2x Castigate
1x Debtors' Knell
1x Damnation
2x Tainted Sigil
1x Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter
1x Reanimate
1x Stillmoon Cavalier
1x Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
1x Divinity of Pride
1x Vindicate
1x Bloodgift Demon
1x Ghost Council of Orzhova
1x Blazing Archon
[/deck]
OP updated.

About the deck, I'm wondering how many people will say this deck needs help from the promo unlocks. One of the better constructed decks (note that I'm not saying most powerful) in DotP history. Many cards that I love, like Stillmoon Cavalier and Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter, and what is probably the best removal package in the game (SS is a close contender, as is OD, but I'm siding with GP in this debate). It's a shame that we don't have Lingering Souls, but I can live with that. It probably would make this deck broken, though.

They did a much better job on this deck than Berserker Rage.
Not as many obvious filler cards.

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!

Fixed, thanks Phazed!

This deck is ok, but not terribly exciting.  Teysa, Orzhov Scion, and a couple Twilight Drover would have made Doomed Traveler a more attractive choice.  1 or 2 Auramancer would have made for some nice enchantment recursion as well.

Anyway, here's a preliminary decklist.    

Creatures:

1 x Angel of Despair
1 x Angel of Flight Alabaster 
3 x Bloodgift Demon
3 x Bloodhunter Bat
1 x Deathbringer Liege
2 x  Divinity of Pride
3 x Falkenrath Noble
1 x Ghost Council of Orzhova
1 x Gravedigger 
1 x Keening Banshee
1 x Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
2 x Vampire Nighthawk
1 x Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter 

Enchantments:

2 x Debtors' Knell
4 x Pillory of the Sleepless

Instants / Sorceries

2 x Castigate 
1 x Damnation
4 x Unmake
1 x Vindicate

Lands

4 x Terramorphic Expanse

Yeah it's interesting. The ten card previews really sold Berserker Rage for me. It still has the potential to be very powerful, but I do agree that the overall quality of the cards aren't the most impressive. The preview for Grim Procession left me feeling a bit underwhelmed, but I still knew there was potential for the deck to rival Sepulchral Strength. SS will probably still hold the top position, but between these two decks I think I'm more inpressed with Grim Process overall. Though, on the other, some gameplay experiene with Berserker Rage could blow my mind.
This deck is ok, but not terribly exciting.  Teysa, Orzhov Scion, and a couple Twilight Drover would have made Doomed Traveler a more attractive choice.  1 or 2 Auramancer would have made for some nice enchantment recursion as well.

Creatures:

1 x Angel of Despair
3 x Bloodgift Demon
3 x Bloodhunter Bat
1 x Deathbringer Liege
2 x  Divinity of Pride
3 x Falkenrath Noble
1 x Gravedigger 
1 x Keening Banshee
2 x Vampire Nighthawk

Enchantments:

2 x Debtors' Knell

Instants / Sorceries

2 x Castigate 
1 x Damnation
4 x Unmake
1 x Vindicate

Lands

4 x Terramorphic Expanse

Mmmm i think the 4x Doomed Traveler are autoinclude in this deck coz its an awesome 1 drop creature with lots of uses but that's just me.

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Berserker Rage is going to be very on/off explosive. It has tons of turn 5 win options, the only problem is living to turn 5.

WiNGSPANTT is the 4th best commentator on YouTube and editor in chief of Top Tier Tactics.

Vampire Nighthawk seems out of place here and a little bit much for a deck that's pretty impressive without it. Wonder if the way the deck plays required it.

Both these decks will be good in skilled hands, and fun in any hands. 
Berserker Rage is going to be very on/off explosive. It has tons of turn 5 win options, the only problem is living to turn 5.

Fits Gruul very well to me...

I know with Peacekeepers I would opt for Doomed Traveler over Elite Vanguard if I was aiming for a more control build. This deck lives on control which makes Doomed Traveler a perfect card for stalling early threats.
I really like Tainted Sigil in there.

It directly combos with Pillory of the Sleepless, Bloodgift Demon, Reanimate, Soul Feast, Falkenrath Noble, Ghost Council of Orzhova and, behold, the mighty Bloodhunter Bat. Plus all the big swings from your fatties. So many momentum to make (or break) with that card.

I can see the awesome 2hg combo now.
Opponents have many weenies.

Lilli is your partner.

Massacre Wurm
Sac Tainted Sigil

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Not so sure about excluding Zealous Persecution too. Instant speed sweeper that doubles as a mass pump for 2 mana? I'm sold.

Creatures:

1 x Angel of Despair
3 x Bloodgift Demon
3 x Bloodhunter Bat
1 x Deathbringer Liege
2 x  Divinity of Pride
3 x Falkenrath Noble
1 x Gravedigger 
1 x Keening Banshee
2 x Vampire Nighthawk

Enchantments:

2 x Debtors' Knell

Instants / Sorceries

2 x Castigate 
1 x Damnation
4 x Unmake
1 x Vindicate

Lands

4 x Terramorphic Expanse

I don't know if noobgamer is right about all 4 being auto include, but I probably will myself too...your version is looking top heavy to me, and clogged at the five-spot in particular. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Not so sure about excluding Zealous Persecution too. Instant speed sweeper that doubles as a mass pump for 2 mana? I'm sold.

-1/-1 for 2CMC I think I'd keep not matter what. That card alone will instill fear in say an Exalted Darkness if you come across it.