1x Soulblast
1x Breath of Fury
1x Wildsize
1x Branching Bolt
1x Fling
1x Chameleon Colossus
1x Skarrgan Skybreaker

[/deck]

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

You so totally got my hopes up. Btw, the way Wingspan was talking in the video, it sounds like we'll be getting multiple Fires of Yavimaya and Berserk. (of course, the total number would still be speculation at this point).

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

You so totally got my hopes up. Btw, the way Wingspan was talking in the video, it sounds like we'll be getting multiple Fires of Yavimaya and Berserk. (of course, the total number would still be speculation at this point).

Me? Why me and not Wingspan? :P

Anyway, without the numbers, I felt it was better to just list the card. Since I need to put a number before the card name...

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Beknighted deck of 2013? This deck looks very very powerfull but i just want to see the full decklist but as for now i'm really afraid of this deck.

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Wingspan directly stated that he wouldn't be revealing the complete decklists until later in the day. You made a topic for the decklist and discussion, which will very soon have 400 replies, and you don't have the full decklist despite the title.

Anyway, without the numbers, I felt it was better to just list the card. Since I need to put a number before the card name...

Yay, that makes sense. I'm just speculating for fun.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

This officially marks the death of Jace in 1 v 1. This deck can put a beat down on hurry.
This officially marks the death of Jace in 1 v 1.

I thought goblins already had that covered? And with only knowing these few cards, I'm not worried if I'm playing as Jace yet. There's nothing here that makes mass creatures, and my control build is good at dealing with single creatures with Crippling chill, Mind Control, Into the Roil, Counterspell, and Unsummon. Jace isn't sweating yet.

I am Blue/White

Wingspan directly stated that he wouldn't be revealing the complete decklists until later in the day. You made a topic for the decklist and discussion, which will very soon have 400 replies, and you don't have the full decklist despite the title.

Well, we need a thread to discuss the deck. If I named it "Beserker Rage revealed cards", it would just be another useless thread. So...

2x Berserk and Fling were just confirmed by Wingspan in the other thread.

I am Blue/White

This officially marks the death of Jace in 1 v 1.

I thought goblins already had that covered? And with only knowing these few cards, I'm not worried if I'm playing as Jace yet. There's nothing here that makes mass creatures, and my control build is good at dealing with single creatures with Crippling chill, Mind Control, Into the Roil, Counterspell, and Unsummon. Jace isn't sweating yet.

At least Spellbreaker Behemoth can't be countered. I was being facetious though.
2 Berserks make me very happy indeed! 
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I wonder which card was he talking about that synergized well with Shivan Wurm? Not the 1 Drop. Probably something with an ETB effect.
I wonder which card was he talking about that synergized well with Shivan Wurm? Not the 1 Drop. Probably something with an ETB effect.

Mage Slayer I think.
Hmm I dont see any extra synergy there.

I bet he was talking about Bloodbraid Elf

Or Warstorm Surge like we had in Trinity of Elements.

I am Blue/White

I hope you're right. It's not R/G without Bloodbraid Elf...

He mentioned there was a card/s that made Shivan Wurm bouncing itself a worthwhile tactic. Probably a one-of though.
Possibly Warstorm Surge. it would be ridiculous, but this deck doesn't need a late-game strategy.

Gruul looks to be "all eggs in one basket". You play a fatty, you berserk it, you FLing it, you win.
If something disrupts that, like say bouncing or killing the berserked creature, Gruul's pace slows to a crawl and it's probably very beatable. 

Mindstorms will die quickly against this deck. A deck that gets rolling on turn 5 vs. a deck that will consistantly kill you on turn 5 does not a good matchup make.
I wonder if this will make Pack Instinct obsolete? So far, it looks like "bigger fatties than PI, and their power can be used in multiple ways like Flinging them".
I wonder if this will make Pack Instinct obsolete? So far, it looks like "bigger fatties than PI, and their power can be used in multiple ways like Flinging them".

I was pretty sure SS already did exactly that with Greater Good and Rancor...

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

Check it out, looks like the new lists are up: Click Here.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

This is the second most dissapointing deck in the game for me. Aside from Essence Warden, there's no reason to have Shivan Wurm return itself to your hand. In addition, there are no enters the battlefield effects to utilize with the Wurm. What a letdown. I'm not saying the deck won't be good, I'm just dissapointed at some more of the really poor design choices. On the positive side, I'm digging the 4 Wildsize, and for beatdown strategies, I do enjoy trample.

I am Blue/White

This deck is pretty insane (from my amateur viewpoint). Lots of efficiently costed creatures, cheap buffs that add trample and a few great direct damage finishers. It seems the lack of ramp may be what can keep this deck under control. Going up against this you will have to deal with everything they throw at you as soon as you can or face the consequences. Wingspan was right when he said it doesn't care about your opponent's defences.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

It looks like just a hasted version of Garruk w/o any ramp...
I think Colossal Might will be key here.

I normally dont use Giant Growth and its ilk because card quality has improved so much since Duels 2010. But here it seems mandatory to combo with Fling or Berserk.
Possibly Warstorm Surge. it would be ridiculous, but this deck doesn't need a late-game strategy.

I have a feeling the designers give every deck a late-game strategy because of multiplayer Planechase.
ok, in some cases (Well of Lost Dreams) it's just one card.  But still.

This deck is pretty insane (from my amateur viewpoint). Lots of efficiently costed creatures, cheap buffs that add trample and a few great direct damage finishers. It seems the lack of ramp may be what can keep this deck under control. Going up against this you will have to deal with everything they throw at you as soon as you can or face the consequences. Wingspan was right when he said it doesn't care about your opponent's defences.

I am not optimistic about its performance to be honest. It looks quite clumnsy for an aggro deck, even with the haste theme. Its high-quality army starts from 4cc and most of them does not have any self-protection/token generation, which makes it easily losing tempo to instant speed removals all over the place.
Some of these choices are just plain silly or embarrassing. I mean, Bloodrock Cyclops AND Centaur Courser? Why bother? I can understand not wanting to use Bloodbraid Elf, but Gruul Scrapper over Vulshok Berserker? Six cards that have to attack every turn? Silverback Ape? REALLY? We could have gone with so much else there. Game-Trail Changeling would be a common with -1/-1 but all creature types and Trample - which is a deck subtheme, with Stonebrow, Krosan Hero sitting around. Gorger Wurm would have at least had a Devour option. Mosstodon could have given Trample to creatures without it and tied into the big creature portion of the deck.

So many confusingly bad picks. Much better job done with the Orzhov deck.

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

I'm not usualy one to complain, but I must say this decklist is really dissapointing.
Not a single Bloodbraid Elf, why?!
The most (in)famous green/red card of all time, and you left it out?

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I'm not usualy one to complain, but I must say this decklist is really dissapointing.
Not a single Bloodbraid Elf, why?!
The most (in)famous green/red card of all time, and you left it out?

I'm sure because it would be silly with Shivan Wurm, but that doesn't excuse putting in the Scrapper over the Berserker. That's just insulting and cruel, requiring a second colour to get what's effectively the exact same creature aside from the fact that it can deal damage to Paladin en-Vec if it finds a way to survive the First Strike.

Hey guys, sorry for taking so long to update the OP. I was stuck at work when the decklist were revealed, but hey, I'm here now!

About the deck, well a lot of filler cards on this one, but the unlocks are pretty powerful. I'll miss Bloodbraid Elf, but I think the deck can compensate that. Berserk was banned for a long time and that was for a reason. Overall, not the best deck in the game, but very competitive. I think most of the bad reactions were caused by Wingspan's hype over this deck.

When you leave out the obvious filler, you get 23 cards to sideboard. The amount of variation will be underwhelming. Still a decent list to work with, just boring.
This is the second most dissapointing deck in the game for me. Aside from Essence Warden, there's no reason to have Shivan Wurm return itself to your hand. In addition, there are no enters the battlefield effects to utilize with the Wurm. What a letdown. I'm not saying the deck won't be good, I'm just dissapointed at some more of the really poor design choices. On the positive side, I'm digging the 4 Wildsize, and for beatdown strategies, I do enjoy trample.

There are 3 things that I see to use with Shivan Wurm's ability: Ulasht, the Hate Seed can be returned to get more counters, you can bounce Blitz Hellion to prevent sacking him, and also you can prevent having to sack a Berserked creature.

I always found it helpful when someone made the list one single list merging duplicate cards from both the starter deck and the unlocks...so it here it is:

Please let me know if I messed up anywhere, thanks and enjoy!  I know SOME people hate this, if you do, get over it.  The rest of us like a merged list. 

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

There are 3 things that I see to use with Shivan Wurm's ability: Ulasht, the Hate Seed can be returned to get more counters, you can bounce Blitz Hellion to prevent sacking him, and also you can prevent having to sack a Berserked creature.

The Blitz Hellion combo requires 10 mana, and requires you to have not played either of those creatures the turns when you had "only" 8 or 9 mana.
Hey guys, sorry for taking so long to update the OP. I was stuck at work when the decklist were revealed, but hey, I'm here now!

About the deck, well a lot of filler cards on this one, but the unlocks are pretty powerful. I'll miss Bloodbraid Elf, but I think the deck can compensate that. Berserk was banned for a long time and that was for a reason. Overall, not the best deck in the game, but very competitive. I think most of the bad reactions were caused by Wingspan's hype over this deck.

Yeah you are right, this deck is good but is not an OP deck like Beknighted, i jumped to conclusion too early

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

The Blitz Hellion combo requires 10 mana, and requires you to have not played either of those creatures the turns when you had "only" 8 or 9 mana.

Ok, so that one isn't really feasible. I was just pointing out "reasons" to bounce things.

Also, Apocalypse Hydra can be recharged.

EDIT: This one is probably a stretch but you can return Wickerbough Elder to get another -1/-1 on him to remove something else.
Definitely too many fillers that 100% of the players (who know even just slightly what they're doing) will remove. But Gruul Scrapper takes the cake: FOUR of them!? It almost makes me forget this deck includes multiple Berserkers of Blood Ridge
I think Colossal Might will be key here.

I normally dont use Giant Growth and its ilk because card quality has improved so much since Duels 2010. But here it seems mandatory to combo with Fling or Berserk.

Well played.
Definitely too many fillers that 100% of the players (who know even just slightly what they're doing) will remove. But Gruul Scrapper takes the cake: FOUR of them!? It almost makes me forget this deck includes multiple Berserkers of Blood Ridge

Definitely too many. But with the other cards in this deck, if you're not going Berserk and in control early, I can see a use for these, I think. With all the buffs, they may come in handy. Not in these quantities, lol.
EDIT: This one is probably a stretch but you can return Wickerbough Elder to get another -1/-1 on him to remove something else.

Not a stretch. Well played actually.