Sliver Queen heading a vampire deck? NVTS?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've got the lands to pull it off, I really just want access to , but green might be useful. It is exactly as the title states, a vampire deck, heavy in black obviously, lighter in red and blue, and I really just want white to run Sorin, Lord of Innistrad, and maybe a few other white controlly tricks. So am I nvts to want to use Sliver Queen as my commander? Might play nice with Mephidross Vampire, and I do need some fodder to feed Eldrazi Monument.
I feel like you're going to draw A LOT of hate the first time you play that deck with people. Slivers (along with infect) are among the most hated thing in EDH/Magic.
That's what I'm afraid of, but I'm hoping that the deck will be recognized as NOT a sliver deck pretty quickly, and it's going to be just about as bad that it's me playing vampires. But there are no other slivers in the deck, it's just there for the colors and some fodder tokens. We'll see, I'm going for it...
If you're going for a non-Sliver tribal EDH deck, maybe use Karona, False God? Combine with a Vow or two and some extra combat phases, could be fun.

Why not Progenitus  I run him as a general and He dose not draw a lot of hate.  I do not do anything degenerate with him though I just play a bunch of legends that have no other home Kind of a home of misfit legends deck and it is always fun.  I picked him over the other five color legends because I think he is the best vie color general other then Sliver Queen.  However I do not own a Sliver Queen.  And you would save some $ and If your not planning on abusing the Sliver queen or going infinite with her,  I think Progen is a better choice.  Plus having a general that when paired with Rafiq of the Many = I win especially with the above mentioned extra attack phases.  Just a thought Hope it helps

I'd go with Karona.  Get out Lightning Greaves, or something else to give haste, cast her and get a big boost to attack someone.  You could also use Eon Hub to keep her if that appeals to you.  Or if tribal decks aren't a big thing in your area, just let her go around the table.  Unless someone else is relying heavily on specific creature types, it's not as bad as it seems. 
I'd go with Karona.  Get out Lightning Greaves, or something else to give haste, cast her and get a big boost to attack someone.  You could also use Eon Hub to keep her if that appeals to you.  Or if tribal decks aren't a big thing in your area, just let her go around the table.  Unless someone else is relying heavily on specific creature types, it's not as bad as it seems. 

No need for that, she comes with haste. Although the shroud certainly can be some benefit. You can also use Homeward Path as a killswitch in case someone aims her at you, though it doesn't play quite nicely with Olivia Voldaren or Captivating Vampire.
Karona is right out. This is for a very tribal commander game, and someone is bound to bring elves or goblins. No thank you. Tongue Out

Progenitus is an option. I lean towards the Queen because I have plenty of offense already, I think, but those tokens could be a big help.

Rite of Replication on Bloodline Keeper. Deal Prog damage with Olivia, turn him into a vampire. You though Prog was big to begin with?

Hmmm...     
Olivia can't target Prog. Nice attempt though.
Oh yeah, Prot from everything... Another brilliant brainfart brought to you by me. Go me, go me, go me...
Scion of the ur-Dragon, Sliver Overlord, or Horde of Notions. Why one of those? One word: Conspiracy. You'd be able to use the vampire tribal and make the Commander also work because you can force their own tribal onto the deck as well. Need that Mephidross Vampire real fast? Well, if its a sliver too, the Overlord will hook you up. Want some GY tech to pop out a big vampire trick later in the game with Patriarch's Bidding? Scion can help out there since your targets are also a dragons. Did the opponent kill your Vampire Nocturnus? Good thing its also an elemental for Horde's use.

Make it happen! With a hint of black tutors and tricks, anything is possible!
If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I still believe I'm right. Think of it as religion. dubito ergo sum.