Forgotten Realms Archetypes

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm not very familiar with the Forgotten Realms, though I've read several of the Drizz't books, and I'm wondering what are some elements or types of characters that are sort of unique to the Realms and/or indicative of the Realms.

I'd like to flesh out some characters for a potenial FR game and I want to make something that is iconic to the campaign setting.

Now most characters can be from any campaign, but as an example, if I was playing a PC that was a Harper, or on his way to becoming a Chosen, I'm probably in a FR game.

So what are some other themes that fit the Realms?

Thanks for your expertise !
scarred barbarians( namely the runescarred berserkers of Rashaman)
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
Thanks for that Sfdragon! I'm reading over them and the Hathrans right now . Good example!
there is also the purple dragon knights and war wizards of cormyr, both likely wear purple
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
I've always been enamored of the Bladesingers.

Also of note:

1. The Harpers

2. The heavy involvement of the deities of the realms, down to a personal level

3. Shadowcasters

the fireknives of westgate a group of assassins many of which were exiled nobles from cormyr

the shadowlords of teflammar

the moonstars a group that splintered from the harpers

the knights of myth drannor 

the grey hands of waterdeep, a group of adventurers that answer to the lords of wterdeep that are so bad that negotions must have failed in they are called in.

the order of watchful protectors, the mage guild that runs in waterdeep

the flaming fist, once mercenaries turned cuty guard in baldur's gate.

the shadow thieves of amn, one of the largest thieves guild in all of faerun and the msot prominent in the sword coast

the many stared cloaks the mage guild in neverwinter( pre plague) 

the uthgaurt barbarians

Sign In to post comments