Gruul Berserker Rage and Orzhov Grim Procession preview video

66 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey everyone, it's almost time for Berserker Rage and Grim Procession! At exactly 3AM EST (12 AM PST) on Nov 30, my exclusive deck pack preview is going live (it will be hidden until then). You can tune in right here and discuss, but if you really can't wait (please!), subscribe to my channel so you'll be notified when this and other Duels videos go live.

Remember, the full deck lists for DLC Deck Pack 2 will be posted to Top Tier Tactics on the afternoon of the 30th!

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />

WiNGSPANTT is the 4th best commentator on YouTube and editor in chief of Top Tier Tactics.

Yay for Necromancer's Covenant. That's certainly a card I'll be able to look forward to.
Necromancer's Covenant eh? Do I get my 1000xp now or when the video goes live? :P

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

"This video is private."

What gives? 
i cant see and i subscribe  ?? its 12:16 am pct
3:21AM EST here and the vid isnt even working.  Yay at how a vid to show us 10 cards of the 2 decks doesnt even run when we were told it would be up...

I guess the "10" card preview of each deck is supposed to keep us in suspence till 12PM EST when we can see the actual card list for the entire deck.  I think more suspence would come from the whole list...  or not depending on how the decks look/play lol
Hmmm....not sure if I really like Necromancer's Covenant.

Kinda sucks that they failed so hard with getting the video to work.
IMAGE(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p268/TsengFox/20804.jpg)
Talking about letdown. The dangerous part of making "promises" (... exactly...). Hope nobody changed their schedule for this.

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Talking about letdown. The dangerous part of making "promises" (... exactly...). Hope nobody changed their schedule for this.

lol right.   this was such a mind blowing surprise to see those cards shown in the vid ..... lol
everything bout this deck packs is a let down..   lol j/k   dont kill me...
but really where is the freaking video 
Yay, it's up!
Both decks seem great, but I'm especially looking forward to the Orzhov deck. Ob Nixilis and Bloodgift Demon. Yes please.
I by no means should be awake at this hour, but the video was certainly enjoyable to watch. If there is any form of aggro that I like it's the kind with large creatures ala green style. Between these two decks I strongly got the impression that Berserker Rage will likely be the more powerful deck. Even if there are only single copies of each of these cards they still offer multiple ways to do heavy damage very quickly. Spot removal would put a dent in this deck's approach, but with so many threats the opponent could become overwhelmed with ease.

I like some of the tricks that Grim Procession has at its disposal, but between the two decks it feels less focused. Like Necromancer's Covenant and Debtors' Knell kinda work against each other. The demons featured are certainly appealing and I think I may come to enjoy this deck more so than Exalted Darkness.
Both decks seem cool and powerful. I think these decks are more fun and powerful than the ones in Pack 1.

And if I understood WingspanTT correctly, there are more than 1 copy of Berserk in G/R deck. Need I say LOL? It is like having 2 Tinker in an artifact deck. Gonna be sweet, and probably everyone and their mothers will play the G/R deck. Not to mention Soulblast, which is like one of the best spells I have seen in a long game. Didnt know about that card until today. Certainly in a similar power level with Fireblast.

A small correction to the narrative in the video:

Berserk cannot be cast during combat, it does not work as a combat trick. You have to cast it before you enter your combat-phase, so your opponent will know which creature has been buffed and will be destroyed at the END STEP - not at end of combat.

[edit] I need to learn how to read...[/edit]

And yes, with 7 mana, it is just BAM to Berserk something (preferably with trample), attack and have 6 mana open for Soulblast. That makes a 5 power creature with trample lethal damage, if unblocked.
Berserk says combat damage phase, not combat phase. So, you can cast it even after blockers are declared, but before combat damage is dealt.
The Unmake doesn't really synergize well with the Necromancer's Covenant or the Debtor's Knell. Exile removal is great, but what if I want to bring that creature back under my control at my next upkeep?
Wingspantt, FYI your video at the end shows the DLC being available Nov 4,5,6 instead of Dec. good spoiler nonetheless.
Thanks, fixed. And sorry about the video delays if it didn't post on time. I checked the scheduling and it was set correctly, so it appears YouTube was being dumb. Either that, or some people were loading cached versions of the page.

WiNGSPANTT is the 4th best commentator on YouTube and editor in chief of Top Tier Tactics.

Woah Grull looks EXTREMELLY OVERPOWERED!

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Thanks, fixed. And sorry about the video delays if it didn't post on time. I checked the scheduling and it was set correctly, so it appears YouTube was being dumb. Either that, or some people were loading cached versions of the page.

Decks are looking nice (more then one copy of Berzerk!). Also you have a lot of variation (and emotion) in your voice (which I admire), you are sometimes very fast (which lets you sound on the one hand like really loving all those cards but also a bit hasty/shifty).

Do you got a rough estimate on when the deck lists will be up? Is it more like 12.00 pm or 6.00 pm?

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Grim Procession with a Mill deck. :O What doesn't go good with a Mill deck? lol
Grim Procession is looking like everything I wanted it to be.

Not sure about Berserker Rage, still hoping for that Savage Twister. The deck looks like it'll be really good though.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

If people are worried that Gruul is overpowered, I'll say that it has no ramp and the lower cost creatures are not amazing. It can be raced out or locked down before it gets going. Of course double Berserk into Fling can fix that.

Grim Procession is very fun though the 2012 black white deck is my favorite for flavor reasons.

If people are worried that Gruul is overpowered, I'll say that it has no ramp and the lower cost creatures are not amazing. It can be raced out or locked down before it gets going. Of course double Berserk into Fling can fix that. Grim Procession is very fun though the 2012 black white deck is my favorite for flavor reasons.

Thanks for leaking another card, Wingspan. you're awesome :v

BTW, how much time until the full decklists?

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Yay, another green deck without ramp. Still waiting to hear if we're getting some Savage Twisters.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Looks like 3 or 4 pm EST

Both of these decks look to be potentially really powerful.  I can't wait to see the full deck lists and even more so to start playing them.  Thanks for the video Wing!

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

Orzhov looks good.

Gruul looks...
Well from what I can tell it spends the first 5 turns deciding what it's going to threaten you with. Even just going by the video cards, is turn 3 going to be a creature? Or is it going to be Fires of Yavimaya to attack with their following 5/5 right away? Or are they going to drop Mage Slayer and make the next turn's 5/5 a game ending threat when it attacks on turn 5?

it'll be interesting to see what the late-game is. The only thing I'm afraid of is how common this is going to be:

Turn 3: Fires
Turn 4: 5/5 attack
Turn 5: attack with 5/5 (and probably another creature), sac fires for +2/+2, Berserk to 14/7, Fling, GG.

Or Turn 3: Mage Slayer
Turn 4: 5/5
Turn 5: Equip Mage Slayer, Berserk to 10/5, attack for 10 Trample  +10 to the face...

Berserk and Fling in the same deck is.... A thing, apparently in Gruul.

Gonna have a lot of games ending on turn 5 I think.
Gruul is going to be very strong but slightly weak vs black decks
Orzhov i imagine will be strong vs midrange but weak to blue control decks
I cant wait to test them
Don't know how this deck will play, but great job on Gruul. Finally, just a lot of cool cards, powerful creatures.

If this deck has some glaring weakness, I'll still enjoy playing it :D

Orzhov looks excellent too. These two decks make me want to actually read some of the Magic storylines.  
Orzhov looks good.

Gruul looks...
Well from what I can tell it spends the first 5 turns deciding what it's going to threaten you with. Even just going by the video cards, is turn 3 going to be a creature? Or is it going to be Fires of Yavimaya to attack with their following 5/5 right away? Or are they going to drop Mage Slayer and make the next turn's 5/5 a game ending threat when it attacks on turn 5?

it'll be interesting to see what the late-game is. The only thing I'm afraid of is how common this is going to be:

Turn 3: Fires
Turn 4: 5/5 attack
Turn 5: attack with 5/5 (and probably another creature), sac fires for +2/+2, Berserk to 14/7, Fling, GG.

Or Turn 3: Mage Slayer
Turn 4: 5/5
Turn 5: Equip Mage Slayer, Berserk to 10/5, attack for 10 Trample  +10 to the face...

Berserk and Fling in the same deck is.... A thing, apparently in Gruul.

Gonna have a lot of games ending on turn 5 I think.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Fling belongs in Mindstorms because casting Act of Treason first makes it so much cooler.
Not top tier.
Sth btw low tier & mid tier.
I think it might be a good idea to wait for the complete decklist before claiming how good a deck is. Well, actually I'd say you have to actually play the decks to see how good they are, but my point stands that judging a deck based on 10 cards (plus some) might be just a little premature.
Not top tier.
Sth btw low tier & mid tier.

Explain.
No point asking him to explain really...i've seen Liang do this all the time. He will pop onto a thread, proclaim a deck to be weak with no basis or explanation, then vanish. Though after seeing ten of around 65 cards is a little premature even for him. Meh, to each his own. 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Yah. I expected him to unlock, play it, lose, immediately quit the lobby and then come here and call it meh.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Yah. I expected him to unlock, play it, lose, immediately quit the lobby and then come here and call it meh.

Play it? That's way too late for him...go look at the second page of the last two decks. Barely hit the forums and we have 'this looks weak' and 'this looks strong' then poof...he vanishes without explaining exactly why he feels that way. 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Have to comment that there ARE bad cards in each deck. Don't expect it to be thirty copies if Black Lotus in the unlocks.