So, what feats would you consider for a half-elf paladin/warlock focusing on defending/debuffing?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I wanted to make a character that would focus on marking and defending multiple targets.  What feats would you think would be a must have?
Devout Protector Expertise
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
Devout Protector Expertise, Group Defense, Champion's Countenance, Mark of Warding...
In Paragon you'll want to look into Protective Hex, and possibly a Githyanki Silver weapon to go with Psychic Lock for even more attack penalties.

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?
Psychic Lock is often not worth the effort.
Keith Richmond Living Forgotten Realms Epic Writing Director
I would say Hybrid Talent for the Paladin Armor prof, or else you will have problems with AC.
If you want to focus on marking and defending multiple targets, why not just straight up paladin?
No need for a Gythianki Silver Weapon as a hybrid Warlock, you can use Mindbite Scorn to add Psychic to your Curse.
If you want to focus on marking and defending multiple targets, why not just straight up paladin?

This build is going to be more of a controller.  but i wanted to see if a defender would help with penalizing the enemy.  My general thought is either half-Elf pallock or smaglock with kiting tidal spirit shot and bolo training.  I was looking for a way to either increase penalties for enemies or maybe doing ongoing damage to them while i am sliding the group of enemies around the battlefield.  i will post my character when i have a better outline.