Looking for advice; Skullbriar the Walking Grave deck

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a decent deck built around Skullbriar, but im feeling it could be better, so im just looking for some suggestions for good cards to put in. I don't have alot of acesse to good rares, especially newer ones, but i  have plently of commons and uncommons from lots of different sets.

Decklist
Show
Commander: Skullbriar, the Walking Grave
Green

Creatures:

Shinen of Life's Roar
Algei Gharial
Nightshade Peddler
Korozda Monitor
Matsu-Tribe Decoy
Elven Warhounds
Deadbridge Goliath
Brushstrider
Boneyard Wurm
Towering Indrik
Brindle Boar

Enchantments:
Lure
Gift of the Woods
Savage Hunger
Death's Presence
Regeneration
Wreath of Geists

Sorceries:
Prey Apon
Mulch

Instants:
Plummet
Crushing Vines
Ranger's Guile
Realms Uncharted

Black

Creatures:
Slth Bloodletter
Ravenous Rats
Shewer Shambler
Mindstab Thrull
Kuro's Taken
Shimian Specter
Reassembling Skeleton
Golgari Thug
Nantuko Husk
Abyssal Specter

Enchantments:

Crippling Blight
Skeletal Grimace
Spiteful Shadows

Sorceries:
 Rise from the Grave
Mutilate
Vigor Mortis
Cannibalize
Duress
Buried Alive

Instants:
Undying Evil

Multicolored:

Planeswalkers:
Vraska the Unseen

Creatures:

Creakwood Lieg
Corpsejack Menace
Korozda Guildmage
Lotleth Troll
Rendclaw Trow
Dreg Mangler
Sluiceway Scorpion
Slitherhead

Enchantments:

Gift of the Deity
Golgari Germination

Sorceries:
Maelstrom Pulse
Treasure Find

Instants:

Abrupt Decay
Grisly Salvage
Golgari Charm
Gaze of the Gorgon
Putrefy

Artifacts:
Whispersilk Cloak
Claws of Gix
Sylvok Replica
Elixer of Immortality
Golgari Keyrune

Lands:

Golgari Guildgate
Command Tower
Tranquil Thicket
Barren Moor
Svogthos, the Restless Tomb
Golgari Rot Farm
x12 Forests
x12 Swamps
First suggestion is use autocard. Second suggestion is find something better than Abrupt Decay. It's just too narrow for this format.
Look for some way to get Skullbriar from your graveyard to your hand/deck. Might seem counterproductive for him, but once you've had him get Black Sun Zenith'd into oblivion you'll understand. Stitch Together should work.
Look for some way to get Skullbriar from your graveyard to your hand/deck. Might seem counterproductive for him, but once you've had him get Black Sun Zenith'd into oblivion you'll understand. Stitch Together should work.

reanimate, necromancy, rise from the grave and dread return all come to mind. exhume if you're careful about it.
No, he has to get to your HAND. Or he'll keep his-1/-1 counters and come into play, realize he has 0 or less toughness, and die.

erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; margin:8px">If the commander dies, dosen't he go to the command zone rather then the gaveyard. Also my autocard dosent work for some reason, probbably because i using an Ipad..

erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; margin:8px">If the commander dies, dosen't he go to the command zone rather then the gaveyard. Also my autocard dosent work for some reason, probbably because i using an Ipad..

You have the option of putting him in the graveyard. It doesn't automatically go.
My friend ran skullbriar for a while but adapted it to ghave before I had the chance to black sun that mother. I'm still a bit sore about it.

3DH4LIF3

How does one use autocard?  I've been trying to figure that out all day...

How does one use autocard?  I've been trying to figure that out all day...

[ c ] Damnation [ / c ] without the spaces within the brackets.
I played a Skullbriar deck for a while... I ran a a lot of sac outlets to prevent him from getting Zenithed. I would also sac him in response to any regular destruction if it was useful as I had the outlets anyway. I thought it worked better than trying to pull him back to my hand.