Magic Item Creation Rules Questions

716 posts / 0 new
Last post


1- From Planar Handbook

2.  ¬¬ ok any character can take a racial feat if he fall in that category.
3.  But he dont need spend her normal feat in Improved her Combat ability because he can use her Bonus feats.
4. I saying that you can't be the main hero of the Adventure of other player are more smarter with you because your interaction with the NPC are
5.
not, is about a Alternative Paladin Class feature that i was saying that not is standard because her own description say it.
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
1.  Thanks.  That knocks the medium load to anyone with a Strength of less than 16...which is any character with the basic spread that doesn't put the 16 in Str.
2.  A little clarification goes a long way.
3.  The Cleric also doesn't have to burn a feat to be good in combat...a spell or two (a renewable source) can take the place of a feat (a non-renewable source).
4.  You don't have to be a genius to be the 'hero' of the adventure...heroes can result from almost any action (combat, rescues, etc).
5.  No ACFs are in play;  organizations are open to anyone that meet their requirements (a Fighter could enter the organization if they put a rank in Knowledge (Religion), for example) and Knowledge (Religion) is a class skill.  Organizations are optional (as are variants) rules for those that want to play around with them.  
Thanks.  That knocks the medium load to anyone with a Strength of less than 16...which is any character with the basic spread that doesn't put the 16 in Str.



1.  For use your armor well as you described you need 20 of Dex
2.  ¬¬.
3.  Many Feat like clave and power attack dont are granted by magic only Str, BA, Bonus Damage that can use as well the Fighter with UMD pluss her combat abilities
4.  You need be non-undernormal if your party have character with 10 or more Int because for all the NPCs you will be the henchman and you are very limited in your roll play.
5. 


Substitution Levels


Substitution levels are levels of a given class that you take to gain certain benefits instead of the level benefits associated with the standard class. Selecting a substitution level is not the same as multiclassing; you remain in the class for which the substitution level was taken. The class features of the substitution level simply replace those of the normal level. To qualify for a substitution level, you must be of the proper class. For instance, a fighter can't take a substitution level for the rogue or monk class.


This book presents a wide range of substitution levels affiliated with particular religious orders or organizations dedicated to various causes of good (and detailed in Chapter 3). To take a substitution level for an organization presented in this book, you must fulfill the following criteria.



  • Membership in the organization.

  • Have 1 rank in Knowledge (religion)


Most classes have a number of substitution levels, each of which you can select at a specified class level. When you take a substitution level for your class at a given level, you give up the benefits gained at that level for the standard class, and you get the substitution level benefits instead. You can't go back and gain the benefits for that level you swapped out -- when you take your next level in the standard class, you gain the next higher level as if you had gained the previous level normally. For instance, if you are a 2nd-level monk and take the Broken One monk substitution level for 3rd level, you forever lose the benefits normally provided to a standard 3rd-level monk (you gained instead the substitution level benefit for a 3rd-level Broken One monk). When you gain another level in monk, you gain the 4th-level benefits of the standard monk class.


Unless otherwise noted in the description of a substitution level benefit, a character who takes a substitution level gains spellcasting ability (increases in spells per day and spells known, if applicable) as if he had taken this level in the standard class.


A character need not take all the substitution levels provided for a class. For instance, a female dwarf paladin can decide only to take the Berronar Valkyrie substitution level at 6th level, ignoring the previous substitution levels.


The description of each substitution level benefit explains what occurs to the standard class ability not gained, if that ability would normally increase at a specific rate (such as the barbarian's trap sense class feature).


Normally, if you join an organization after you've already passed one or more of the eligible levels for substitution (such as a character who joins the Darksong Knights at 3rd level), you can't ever gain access to previous substitution levels. At the DM's option, however, a character who joins an organization can be allowed to retroactively apply the effect of substitution levels for that organization. This is particularly appropriate for characters who already belonged to one of the organizations presented here (since the substitution levels were unavailable until now). The DM and player should work together to apply the changes.

Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
And for use your armor well you need 20 of dex ¬¬



True, but you don't get penalised for not having a lower stat;  you can also put on an item that boosts Dex (instead of a cross-class skill) to get the most out of the armor (and other Dex-based stuff).  It's not a prerequisite to have a 16 Strength to use the mechanus gear armor, but it helps immensely (-26 to Swim?  Fun...).
And for use your armor well you need 20 of dex ¬¬



True, but you don't get penalised for not having a lower stat;  you can also put on an item that boosts Dex (instead of a cross-class skill) to get the most out of the armor (and other Dex-based stuff).  It's not a prerequisite to have a 16 Strength to use the mechanus gear armor, but it helps immensely (-26 to Swim?  Fun...).

you also can use one item to boost you Str ¬¬ and you still gain the bonus of the Armor in Medium Load but you only move at 15 Fts instead of 20 fts.

-26????? what????? please see my building and see the ACP in Swim.
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
you also can use one item to boost you Str ¬¬ and you still gain the bonus of the Armor in Medium Load but you only move at 10 Fts.

-26????? what????? please see my building and see the ACP in Swim.



Very true (and you should be doing so anyway, as a Fighter), but I'd rather use a Dex-boosting item than an Int-boosting item on a Fighter (which is why I'm on this tangent).  You sure do, but you're slower than hell...which can affect your usefulness in combat (your Wizard is being beat on by multiple enemies 30 feet away...better hope he can survive for the two rounds (or more) it'd take you to get over there).

I was mistaken...I thought that the ACP stacked with the check penalty for being encumbered.  Still, it's -20 for Swim (-10 for the armor, doubled for Swim);  to swim in calm waters, you'd need to roll a 10 (without factoring in Strength and ranks).


5.  Alternative Class Features are similar to Racial Substitution Levels, but they're not the same. 


1- yes but can stack if you really carry too much as example a character with 8 Str and a Mechanus Armor.

ENCUMBRANCE BY ARMOR
A creature’s armor defines, among other statistics, armor
check penalty, overall speed, and running speed. Unless the
creature is weak or carrying a lot of gear, that’s all you need
to know. The extra gear doesn’t slow the creature down any
more than the armor already does. If a creature is weak or
carrying a lot of gear, however, you should calculate encumbrance
by weight.

then you still move at 20 Fts too Surprised

2- Nop is like gain a level in other class and that class count as your "Class" as describen you don't say i am a monk level 3, you say i am a Broken One Monk level 3.
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.


1- yes but can stack if you really carry too much as example a character with 8 Str and a Mechanus Armor.

ENCUMBRANCE BY ARMOR
A creature’s armor defines, among other statistics, armor
check penalty, overall speed, and running speed. Unless the
creature is weak or carrying a lot of gear, that’s all you need
to know. The extra gear doesn’t slow the creature down any
more than the armor already does. If a creature is weak or
carrying a lot of gear, however, you should calculate encumbrance
by weight.

then you still move at 20 Fts too Surprised

2- Nop is like gain a level in other class and that class count as your "Class" as describen you don't say i am a monk level 3, you say i am a Broken One Monk level 3.



1.  If your character is wearing armor, use the worse figure (from armor or from load) for each category.  Do not stack the penalties.  (PHB, page 161)
This means that you'd take only the higher of the two (between ACP and weight CP)...in this case, it's -10 (from the armor).

The speed reduction is from the armor itself, not the encumbrance.  Refer to the above italicised quote.

2.  ACFs still aren't in play...they're different from substitution levels.  ACFs replace only one ability;  substitution levels replace multiple abilities and possibly other level-based things (like hit dice).
So, if I am to understand this Oma, you are going to be using Mechanus armor.

And you are going to be casting from scrolls, expensive scrolls, with UMD, right?

So what are you doing about your 50% Arcane Spell Failure? This is on top of normal mishaps.

As for the Dex, get off the pot, if by level 20 you don't have any +Dex items (instead of perhaps your +20 UMD item) then I have to wonder. 

1- But that is a Updated Rule from the RC the it say that you as DM can say "you have a lot of thing men, you goin to stack the Armor Penalties and the Encumbrance Penalties"

"If a creature is weak or carrying a lot of gear, however, you should calculate encumbrance by weight."

2-then i don't describe it well sorry, that paladin gain substitution levels to gain ACF.
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
So, if I am to understand this Oma, you are going to be using Mechanus armor.

And you are going to be casting from scrolls, expensive scrolls, with UMD, right?

So what are you doing about your 50% Arcane Spell Failure? This is on top of normal mishaps.

As for the Dex, get off the pot, if by level 20 you don't have any +Dex items (instead of perhaps your +20 UMD item) then I have to wonder. 

1-Items that let your next cast don't have ASF and for Divine Scrolls you don't have problems.

2- Look at my character in pag 3.
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
Oma, Arcane Scrolls have Arcane Spell Failure. But regardless, the Mystic Fire Knight build is still far superior at doing this.
Oma, Arcane Scrolls have Arcane Spell Failure. But regardless, the Mystic Fire Knight build is still far superior at doing this.

yes and are casted as well described in UMD then you can aply the item that not is and not are based in a metamagic feat. yes but not is a stadard Tongue Out

if i doing this with an fighter with 8 of cha well i can do it best with an advanced character.
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
And with an Advanced Character, i can do it even better with the Mystic Knight build.

because in addition to being able to use Divine and Arcane items without rolling, I can also cast them myself for free, apply metamagic feats, spell storage items, metamagic rods and all sorts of magical items that boost spellcasting power and capability.

And I can cast many spells as swift actions, which means it doesn`t take away from my melee attacks or move actions.

so Neener Neener Neener!   
And with an Advanced Character, i can do it even better with the Mystic Knight build.

because in addition to being able to use Divine and Arcane items without rolling, I can also cast them myself for free, apply metamagic feats, spell storage items, metamagic rods and all sorts of magical items that boost spellcasting power and capability.

And I can cast many spells as swift actions, which means it doesn`t take away from my melee attacks or move actions.

so Neener Neener Neener!   

well you can't do powers :s to bad and your combat abilitis will be poor again a character with immune to magic and DR.
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
Except that

1: I can swing a sword,

2: Paladins Have Smites, can take Power Attack and the same base attack as a Fighter, and I can buy a +str item instead of scrolls and a +UMD item

3: Many Paladin spells, Such as Rhino`s Rush, Fell Greatest Foe, dirrectly enhance their melee abilities. Spells that I can cast as a Swift Action so will deal full mellee attacks in the same round.

Last game I cast Rhino`s Rush as a Swift Action and then did a Charge attack with Charging Smite Evil against the enemy, all in the same round. On the second round I cast a cure on myself as a swift action and then did a full round attack. I only did full round attacks on the next several turns but could just as easily cast a couple of spells as well as swift actions.

So your fighter in the same situation could, ignoring the fact that you wouldn`t get the chance to charge if you delayed a round casting a spell

turn 1, Cast rhino`s Rush
turn 2, Charge
turn 3,  Cast Cure
turn 4, full Attack

Fighter cast 2 spells, 1 charge and 1 full attack 
Paladin, Cast 4 spells, 1 charge and 3 Full attacks

Wait, did I just say my Paladin could cast 2 more spells and take 2 more Full Attacks then your fighter? That is double what your fighter could do!!!

Neener, Neener, Neener!
   

Yes is true my fighter not is a Melee oriented combat but can survive mush more that your paladin, and if she want she can stop your attacks very easy moving in your turn.

1- A fighter use a Sword very, very well

2- A fighter can use magic As support

3- A fighter dont have code of conduct and can help evil characters and protect the innocence again the law.
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
So can a Paladin of Freedom. There's also a PrC in either CD or CW that doesn't **** paladins that turn chaotic (Consecrated Harrier, maybe?).
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Oma, Paladin can wear the same armor and use the same sword as the Fighter, and you are fogetting that your fighter is sacrificing feats and gear for your build. The Paladin using the right set of offensive and defensive melee spells can easily do the fighter's job. Especially if we draw from the Spell Compendium, Rhino's Rush on a charge, Fell Greatest Foe against a Colosol Dragon, etc etc, alot of spells that add to a Paladin's Attack and Damage that covers the ground between them and a fighter.

Survivability, Same base HP, Same Armor except for the tower shield (he can get with a feat) No big for the price of your +UMD item I will pick up an Animated Shield. He can cast Cures on himself as a Swift Action, right in the middle of a frey, LoHs, Dispell Magic. And how about them saves? Charisma bonus to all saves. Not to mention being able to cure ability damage and use Dispell Magic at will (replaces Cure Disease) a couple times per week....

And the thing is, I am proving my build in the field right now, level 5. I did the things I described in my last post. It's why I laughed when you said Knowledge (Religion) was required because I didn't realize that I needed 1 rank in it but had put 5 ranks in it already for the Turn Undead bonus.  I am already doing at low levels what would take your build a good 15 to 20 levels to do poorly.

1- A paladin have have 12 feats less that the fighter in my example only 10 because i waste 2 feats but still are 10 combat oriented feats more that the Paladin

2- Yes i use survival gear not combat gear, and one Animated Shield is the more easy very easy to steal and you still need a standard action to use the command, and about the Spells (low level combat) ¬¬ the fighter can use all too changed the wands in her gloves and for the last god i am happy that finally someone put a good ability to the paladin instead of her unuseful cure disease ability.

3- this don't change the fact that you are used a non-starting class, non-standard class, again i do it with a fighter with 8 of cha Tongue Out
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
1: Paladins get a similar number of class abilities as fighters get feats. Smite Evil, or Adding Charisma bonus to all Saves, Fear Immunity etc are all really pre-selected feats. In addition spells are easily worth the same as feats, especially as many Paladin spells specifically enhance combat.

2: Again, the action of casting a spell from a wand means you stop combat for a round. You are literally trading an attack, possibly a full round attack or a charge, to cast a low level combat spell. The key point here is the effectiveness of being able to cast while in combat.

I don't think you are fully grasping the impact of casting spells as a swift action, and if we pull from the spell compendium, the spells a Paladin get's at level 17 are not low-level combat. And you simply aren't going to be able to access many spells effectively with wants and scrolls.

3: Charisma is a dump stat for fighters, so I am unsure of what your point is.

Have you really examined the logistics of your build? The lost melee opportunity when you cast a spell in melee combat. Trying to cast from a scroll with a 5-% Spell Failure check and next to zip for concentration? in adition to several UMD checks and the posibility of blowing yourself up rather then actually casting from the scroll?

And then there is cost. This is important. Take the sum of the gear you have purchased for your UMD skill (+20 Magic Item) then work out what spells you want to be able to cast, and how often you will cast them. How many encounters you will do each level and what spells you will cast  during the encounters, what spells will you cast for chalenging encounters. all 20 levels of spells that you can expect to cast and then work out the cost in scrolls, wands, staffs etc.

There may be a couple of spells that you buy "because you never know" and might only use once, but to be an effective build you should be expecting to cast a few spells for nearly every fight. If you go from level 15 to 18 and only cast 5 spells, then your build is clearly not working.

Keep in mind that my paladin is castign spells for every single combat from level 4 to 20, sometimes castign nearly every single spell at my disposal in a single encounter. In a single big encounter it is possible that I might cast a good dozen spells, though typically between 2 to 6 a fight can be expected. And You know at level 14 on, I will be casting level 4 spells each and every fight (21,000gp per 4th level wand) and that doesn't include the spells I cast out of combat. With casting as a Swift action, I really don't have a reason not to be casting spells each fight.

So if all you are going to use in 20 levels is 3 scrolls and 4 wands, then your build is worse then pathetic for the function you designed for him. But realize that you will need 200,000 to 300,000 gp or more worth of wands to cast all the spells that my Paladin will cast, let alone your expensive, 1-shot scrolls. And that is just the Paladin spells I plan on casting, it doesn't include the Arcane spells I am adding to my build.

MrCustomer: Just a pre-emptive alert here: The Rules Compendium (pages 8-9 (note 2) and page 85) made a slight but significant change to spell trigger items like wands. Specifically, a spell trigger item takes as long to use as the spell it triggers - even if that is faster than a standard action. If you've got the wands in hand, nothing stops you from triggering them as swift or immediate actions if they carry the appropriate spells. Adding in wand chambers to the mix and you're gold (note that most of the swift-action spells are aimed at gish-type warriors, several of which were designed before the swift action was truly understood by the developers). 

(We make good use of this in Dead for Nothing, in my sig, with Aluonna, a bard/Crusader focusing on Inspire Courage. Another trivial example is a TWF rogue-type with UMD and wands of Wraithstrike or the various Golem/Grave/Vinestrike spells slotted in their weapons. It costs only 1700 gp to buy two wand chambers and two 1st-level wands, which can get you a lot of utility if you pick the right swift spells.)

[EDIT: If you really want to get fancy, hypothetically, nothing stops you from donning gauntlets and slotting those, then wielding slotted weapon(s) or a shield. This lets you get more than one wand chamber in use while still focusing on a single two-handed weapon (which is the wisest course of action if you're looking for raw damage output; use the wands for swift-action versatility). For a non-caster, four possibe swift/immediate spells is plenty, if chosen with care.]

[Edit2: Although technically dorjes are not wands, they're the same size and same function, so it should be an easy case to make to allow them in wand chambers (or a "dorje chamber"). If that's the case, you can chamber dorjes of Hustle (Swift: take a move action) or Anticipatory Strike (immediate: "steal" your next turn from the future and take it now) - note that dorjes, unlike wands, can hold powers higher than 4th level.]

We now return to Oma012, already in progress.

Cancer prognosis: I am now cancer-free.

Weekly Optimization Series

Show
These are NOT all my creations! The lead authors are identified as follows: [TS] Tempest Stormwind, [AR] Andarious Rosethorn, [RT] Radical Taoist, [SN] Sionnis, [DH] DisposableHero_, [SH] Seishi.

[TS] The Pinball Brothers: Large And In Charge (Melee, Lockdown, Charge, Juggling)
[TS] Ashardalon Reborn: I Will Swallow Your Soul (Melee, Fear, Negative Levels, AoE, Theme)
[AR] "A"-Game Paladin: Play That Funky Music, Knight Boy! (Team Support, Melee, Theme, Single-Class)
[RT] Uncanny Trapsmith: Get in, make it look like an accident, get out. (Skillmonkey, Stealth/Scout/Infiltration, Unorthodox Methods, Theme)
[AR] Wizsassin: *Everything* is permitted. (Spellcaster, Support, Sneak Attack, Utility)
[TS] Phantom Rush: General Gish Gouda. (Gish, Theme, Setting-Specific(Eberron), Early-Entry PrC)
[TS] Storm Knight: Another kind of gish. (Melee/"Gish", Theme, Setting-Specific(Eberron), Unorthodox Methods)
[TS] Inevitable Nightmare: The weapon you only have to fire once. (Melee, "Unorthodox" Methods (no charging), Reliability)
[AR] Captain Constitution: The number one threat to America. (Melee, TOUGHTOUGHTOUGH, Defense, Theme)
[AR] Nuker: I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down! (Spellcaster, damage, blasting, damage)
[TS] Dread Lord of the Dead: Let the Reaping Begin! (NPC-only, Variable (combat/casting/leadership), Iconic Villain, Theme)
[AR] Heavy Crusader: No Rest. No Mercy. No Matter What. (Melee, Damage (No charging), Variable, Theme).
[TS] Gun Fu: It's bullet time (Ranged, THEORETICAL, Twin weapons, Theme)
[RT] Face First: We should talk. (Psionic, social, mind-control, info-management)
[SN] Chaingun Porcupine: Never Enuff Dakka. (Ranged, Skirmishing, Spike Damage, Incarnum)
[RT] Always On Edge: The Mortal Draw deals death. (Melee, Generalist, Dungeoneering, Stunt)
[AR] Feral Druid: Real feral taste. Zero druid calories. (Melee, offense, damage, murder)
[RT] Rusty!: Man's Best Friend (Sentry, Support, Backup, Rearguard)
[RT] The T3 (Tashalatora Triple Threat): My Kung Fu is More Powerful (Hybrid, Flex-Function, Melee, Caster)
[RT] The #1 Snoipah: Boom. 'Eadshot. (Caster, Theme, Spike, Trapscout)
[AR] Dreamblade: Rest in Pieces. (Melee, Damage, Single-Class, Combo/Momentum)
[AR] Evasion Tank: “When fighting angry blind men, is best to stay out of the way.” (Melee, Tank, Unorthodox Methods (attack negation), Theme)
[DH] Psycarnum Warrior: ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA Start (Melee, Tank, Psionics, Incarnum, 1337 h4x)
[AR] Heavy Weapons Elf: WHO TOUCHED MY BOW? (Ranged, Cohort, Damage, Unorthodox Methods (ranged ToB))
[RT] Gnowhere Gnome: A little man who wasn't there (Caster, Stealth, Single-Class, Elusive)
[AR] Uberflank: I got your back. (Melee, support, stunt, teamwork)
[TS] Flip the Bird: Everyday I'm shuffling (Ranged, harrier, unorthodox methods (ranged ToB / off-turn movement), support)
[DH] Eat Sleep Gank: Real Ultimate Power (Stealth, Assassination, Spike, Magic Versatility)
[AR] Slash and Burn: Mind, Body, Blade, Flame / Aspects of a greater whole / which delivers death. (Melee, Theme (flex-style), Damage, Stunt)
[RT] Edge of the Light: Cut, Fade to Black (Melee, Defense/Offense, Momentum, Tactical)
[RT] Quiet Murder: Cut throats, not corners. (Melee, Stealth, Harrier, Tactical)
[TS] Wand Overdrive: Say Hello to my little friends. (Caster, support/artillery/variable, wand specialist)
[RT] God Hand: What did the five fingers say to the face? (Melee/Gish, Unarmed, SAD, Theme)
[AR] Zero Buff Time Gish: Try to keep up! (Gish, Speed, Movement, Opportunity)
[TS] Robo Tackle: I Am Iron Man. (Melee, setting-specific (Eberron), positioning, theme, stunt)

[TS] Holy Fire: Just getting warmed up! (Casting, damage, theme (fire), theme (sacred), blasting)

[TS] Groundhog Mage: ♪Let’s do the time warp again♪ (Casting, stunt, setting-specific (Faerun), spell stamina / versatility, spontaneous wizard)

[RT] Captain Charisma: All she wants to do is dance (Hybrid (melee/support), SAD, Theme (criticals), Theme (flex-style))

[TS] Assassin's Speed: A blade in the crowd (Melee (technical), iaijutsu, SAD, theme (Assassin's Creed), tutorial)

[RT] Something for Everyone: A.K.A. The Last Sorcerer RT Will Ever Build (Caster, Damage, Trapscout, Takedowns)

 

Want to see how the entire group rolls?
[All] Party Optimization Showcase: Dead for Nothing
[TS/RT/AR] Optimization Article: The Flash Step
[RT] Optimization Article: Kung Fu Witchcraft

 

Seishi: I think it might be fun to have a one-off [game] tuned fairly, but with the intention of wiping the party. 

DisposableHero_: if [my campaign] has taught me nothing else, it is that with this group, nothing tuned fairly will ever wipe the party

RadicalTaoist: I've been throwing **** at this group that's 5 levels over CRed in DFN, and have yet to wipe the party.

And there's the Casting Glove, which would allow a fifth option. But now we're just getting silly.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Tempest Stormwind, that is all neat and dandy, but I am not refering to spells that have a cast time of Swift, but rather the Paladin build I am comparing to his gimp fighter is able to cast spells faster with the feat Battle Blessing. So for a spell that casts as a Standard Action he can cast as a Swift Action.

Cure Serious, for example, is a Standard Action to cast, so from a Wand it would be a standard action, my Paladin however could cast it as a Swift action. That is why it can't be matched with Wands by a melee character. I can cast all Standard Action spells on my list as Swift Actions.

There is also nothing that prevents the Paladin from also chambering those Wands as you describe either, since he has full access to all Arcane Wizard spells in his Paladin Spell list, without having to roll. So everything he can do, but 100% better.
Tempest Stormwind, that is all neat and dandy, but I am not refering to spells that have a cast time of Swift, but rather the Paladin build I am comparing to his gimp fighter is able to cast spells faster with the feat Battle Blessing. So for a spell that casts as a Standard Action he can cast as a Swift Action.

Cure Serious, for example, is a Standard Action to cast, so from a Wand it would be a standard action, my Paladin however could cast it as a Swift action. That is why it can't be matched with Wands by a melee character. I can cast all Standard Action spells on my list as Swift Actions.

There is also nothing that prevents the Paladin from also chambering those Wands as you describe either, since he has full access to all Arcane Wizard spells in his Paladin Spell list, without having to roll. So everything he can do, but 100% better.


Oh, I know Battle Blessing. It features prominently on the A-Game Paladin build in my sig for a reason. And there's a potential problem there: if you're getting the wizard spells using Sword of the Arcane Order, note that it isn't clear if you're actually casting those spells as if they were paladin spells (i.e. divine and on the paladin spell list) as opposed to simply fitting them into paladin spell slots as arcane spells, or some strange hybrid in between. Battle Blessing will only apply to paladin spells, so SotAO would need to be interpreted as converting the wizard spells into paladin spells (which, among other things, would bypass ASF and use divine focus components where applicable) for it to speed them up. I think this is a reasonable interpretation, but it isn't explicit in the rules.

I did, however, not catch you were using it, as I just opened the most recent page of this thread and saw your post, sans context, with Oma's prompt muted (as I have him on my ignore list). Can I really be blamed for missing context if it would have required me to sit out an Oma threadwar?

Cancer prognosis: I am now cancer-free.

Weekly Optimization Series

Show
These are NOT all my creations! The lead authors are identified as follows: [TS] Tempest Stormwind, [AR] Andarious Rosethorn, [RT] Radical Taoist, [SN] Sionnis, [DH] DisposableHero_, [SH] Seishi.

[TS] The Pinball Brothers: Large And In Charge (Melee, Lockdown, Charge, Juggling)
[TS] Ashardalon Reborn: I Will Swallow Your Soul (Melee, Fear, Negative Levels, AoE, Theme)
[AR] "A"-Game Paladin: Play That Funky Music, Knight Boy! (Team Support, Melee, Theme, Single-Class)
[RT] Uncanny Trapsmith: Get in, make it look like an accident, get out. (Skillmonkey, Stealth/Scout/Infiltration, Unorthodox Methods, Theme)
[AR] Wizsassin: *Everything* is permitted. (Spellcaster, Support, Sneak Attack, Utility)
[TS] Phantom Rush: General Gish Gouda. (Gish, Theme, Setting-Specific(Eberron), Early-Entry PrC)
[TS] Storm Knight: Another kind of gish. (Melee/"Gish", Theme, Setting-Specific(Eberron), Unorthodox Methods)
[TS] Inevitable Nightmare: The weapon you only have to fire once. (Melee, "Unorthodox" Methods (no charging), Reliability)
[AR] Captain Constitution: The number one threat to America. (Melee, TOUGHTOUGHTOUGH, Defense, Theme)
[AR] Nuker: I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down! (Spellcaster, damage, blasting, damage)
[TS] Dread Lord of the Dead: Let the Reaping Begin! (NPC-only, Variable (combat/casting/leadership), Iconic Villain, Theme)
[AR] Heavy Crusader: No Rest. No Mercy. No Matter What. (Melee, Damage (No charging), Variable, Theme).
[TS] Gun Fu: It's bullet time (Ranged, THEORETICAL, Twin weapons, Theme)
[RT] Face First: We should talk. (Psionic, social, mind-control, info-management)
[SN] Chaingun Porcupine: Never Enuff Dakka. (Ranged, Skirmishing, Spike Damage, Incarnum)
[RT] Always On Edge: The Mortal Draw deals death. (Melee, Generalist, Dungeoneering, Stunt)
[AR] Feral Druid: Real feral taste. Zero druid calories. (Melee, offense, damage, murder)
[RT] Rusty!: Man's Best Friend (Sentry, Support, Backup, Rearguard)
[RT] The T3 (Tashalatora Triple Threat): My Kung Fu is More Powerful (Hybrid, Flex-Function, Melee, Caster)
[RT] The #1 Snoipah: Boom. 'Eadshot. (Caster, Theme, Spike, Trapscout)
[AR] Dreamblade: Rest in Pieces. (Melee, Damage, Single-Class, Combo/Momentum)
[AR] Evasion Tank: “When fighting angry blind men, is best to stay out of the way.” (Melee, Tank, Unorthodox Methods (attack negation), Theme)
[DH] Psycarnum Warrior: ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA Start (Melee, Tank, Psionics, Incarnum, 1337 h4x)
[AR] Heavy Weapons Elf: WHO TOUCHED MY BOW? (Ranged, Cohort, Damage, Unorthodox Methods (ranged ToB))
[RT] Gnowhere Gnome: A little man who wasn't there (Caster, Stealth, Single-Class, Elusive)
[AR] Uberflank: I got your back. (Melee, support, stunt, teamwork)
[TS] Flip the Bird: Everyday I'm shuffling (Ranged, harrier, unorthodox methods (ranged ToB / off-turn movement), support)
[DH] Eat Sleep Gank: Real Ultimate Power (Stealth, Assassination, Spike, Magic Versatility)
[AR] Slash and Burn: Mind, Body, Blade, Flame / Aspects of a greater whole / which delivers death. (Melee, Theme (flex-style), Damage, Stunt)
[RT] Edge of the Light: Cut, Fade to Black (Melee, Defense/Offense, Momentum, Tactical)
[RT] Quiet Murder: Cut throats, not corners. (Melee, Stealth, Harrier, Tactical)
[TS] Wand Overdrive: Say Hello to my little friends. (Caster, support/artillery/variable, wand specialist)
[RT] God Hand: What did the five fingers say to the face? (Melee/Gish, Unarmed, SAD, Theme)
[AR] Zero Buff Time Gish: Try to keep up! (Gish, Speed, Movement, Opportunity)
[TS] Robo Tackle: I Am Iron Man. (Melee, setting-specific (Eberron), positioning, theme, stunt)

[TS] Holy Fire: Just getting warmed up! (Casting, damage, theme (fire), theme (sacred), blasting)

[TS] Groundhog Mage: ♪Let’s do the time warp again♪ (Casting, stunt, setting-specific (Faerun), spell stamina / versatility, spontaneous wizard)

[RT] Captain Charisma: All she wants to do is dance (Hybrid (melee/support), SAD, Theme (criticals), Theme (flex-style))

[TS] Assassin's Speed: A blade in the crowd (Melee (technical), iaijutsu, SAD, theme (Assassin's Creed), tutorial)

[RT] Something for Everyone: A.K.A. The Last Sorcerer RT Will Ever Build (Caster, Damage, Trapscout, Takedowns)

 

Want to see how the entire group rolls?
[All] Party Optimization Showcase: Dead for Nothing
[TS/RT/AR] Optimization Article: The Flash Step
[RT] Optimization Article: Kung Fu Witchcraft

 

Seishi: I think it might be fun to have a one-off [game] tuned fairly, but with the intention of wiping the party. 

DisposableHero_: if [my campaign] has taught me nothing else, it is that with this group, nothing tuned fairly will ever wipe the party

RadicalTaoist: I've been throwing **** at this group that's 5 levels over CRed in DFN, and have yet to wipe the party.

...

I did, however, not catch you were using it, as I just opened the most recent page of this thread and saw your post, sans context, with Oma's prompt muted (as I have him on my ignore list). Can I really be blamed for missing context if it would have required me to sit out an Oma threadwar?


It should be obvious that something has SERIOUSLY gone off course when the thread is asking about Magic Item Creation Rules but has veered off into talking about 20th-level Fighters.
I would think that's hardly a surprise, given every time we talk about the things casters can do, someone starts complaining that Fighters can't do those things - as if they expected everyone to have equally-balanced world-shaping magical powers or something.
Tempest, it isn't clear how Battle Blessing works with the Wizard spells, but at the Sowrd of the Arcane Order stacks with Wizard levels, I think it is clear that the Wizard spells are Arcane in nature and not Divine. So I've restricted Battle Blessing to Divine Spells only, thus only Paladin Spells.

And I did not check the build in your signature, which I really should because I am actually playing this convoluted build.
Tempest, it isn't clear how Battle Blessing works with the Wizard spells, but at the Sowrd of the Arcane Order stacks with Wizard levels, I think it is clear that the Wizard spells are Arcane in nature and not Divine. So I've restricted Battle Blessing to Divine Spells only, thus only Paladin Spells.

And I did not check the build in your signature, which I really should because I am actually playing this convoluted build.

if some class give you thats spells to your paladin spell list then it work because the feat only affect your spells of paladin.

And at last if you going to be a paladin the best is take the ability of Favorite Enemy instead of Turn undead because you lost -4 cleric levels (or one spell if you use it to improved your cleric level) unless you want a PC like the hunter of undeads.
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
Oma, imo dropping turn undead for favorite enemy is a poor decision. Firstly it is Rangerish,  and being a dirty hippy violates the Paladin Code of Conduct. But secondly there is a number of feats that are powered by using charges of Turn Undead. Favorite Enemy is also racial profiling, proof that those Hippy Rangers are all really hypocrites.

Thirdly, if you drop Turn Undead, you may as well pick up Divine Counterspelling.

But regardless, this Paladin build looses Turn Undead anyways as part of the substitute levels, so it is moot point.  
 if some class give you thats spells to your paladin spell list then it work because the feat only affect your spells of paladin.



And there is the difference Oma, and is why you are so willing to exploit Feats like Nymph's Kiss, have your Slowed Mount, Ready a Charge so you can make a Charge Attack in the middle of a Full Round Attack (Attack, Charge, Attack, Attack) Because you aren't looking at these rules in context, balance, or Rules as Intended, and instead look to Exploit them and twist their meaning in any way possible, even taking a half sentence in an obscure FAQ out of context and insisting it overwrites the pages of Published Rules. Why you would insist that the rules for UMD overwrites the rules for Scrolls.

Yes, RAW, you could call these Paladin Spells, and consider them Divine Paladin spells for the purpose of many feats, simply because it doesn't say that you can't do this. And it is an easy conclusion to reach if you read it with a mind to exploit the rules rather then to understand them. Ignore the description as "fluff" , misquote an obscure FAQ out of context, outright dismiss rules that contradict it as "nope, doesn't apply"

Read the same rule in context, with RAI (Rules as Intended) in mind, rather then seeking to exploit the wording and rules, and you will come up with an entirely different conclusion.

Rules as Intended makes it clear, even if Rules as Written could be taken the other way.  The Spells are Arcane Spells that the Paladin has to prepare from a spell book, so while it allows the Paladin to prepare Wizard spells in his Paladin spell slots, it doesn't add these spells to the Paladin's Divine spell list (since they are still arcane spells) but rather gives the Paladin a second, seperate, Arcane Wizard Spell list.

They are two sperate Spell lists, so even though the arcane spells can be cast from the Paladin's spell slots, they are not Paladin spells (ie I have both the Divine and the Arcane versions of spells like Detect Undead)

RAI, Battle Blessing was intended to effect spells on the Paladin Spell list only, not the Spell lists a Paladin might gain from other sources (such as prestige classes) That these feats come from different books and may not have taken such their combination with each other into account.

  
They are two sperate Spell lists, so even though the arcane spells can be cast from the Paladin's spell slots, they are not Paladin spells (ie I have both the Divine and the Arcane versions of spells like Detect Undead)

Out of curiosity, do those spells use Int or Wis for save DCs and bonus spell slots?
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Draco, The Wizard spells use Inteligence to set the spell's DC and Max Spell leve, so an Int of 14 is required for this build to cast level 4 Wizard spells. It however uses the Paladin's Charisma to determine bonus spell slots, as the spells are prepared in the Paladin's normal spell slots. The Paladin spells still use Charisma. Somewhat limiting, (be sweeter if they used Charisma for both) but the build also gives 2 additional spell slots per spell level.
Don't paladins use Wis for their spells?
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
oh, yes Wisdom, I was meaning Wisdom, don't know how I got those mixed up :P
Oma, imo dropping turn undead for favorite enemy is a poor decision. Firstly it is Rangerish,  and being a dirty hippy violates the Paladin Code of Conduct. But secondly there is a number of feats that are powered by using charges of Turn Undead. Favorite Enemy is also racial profiling, proof that those Hippy Rangers are all really hypocrites.

Thirdly, if you drop Turn Undead, you may as well pick up Divine Counterspelling.

But regardless, this Paladin build looses Turn Undead anyways as part of the substitute levels, so it is moot point.  

???? the code of conduct let you use it agains some creatures only not all type as a ranger as example undeads and if you are saying that then you never going to use a weapons with bane, lawful or holy ability

UMD overlap the standards rules for it a non spell caster can use the items in first place are well definen in her own rules and remember specific over general.

about the spells, the feat only call paladin spells not divine spells or from your domain or divinity then if you can cast the spell with your paladin CL and spell slot of your paladin then this feat will work in that spells but in this feat you use your wizard CL for the spells then the feat not work the feat let you stak your paladin, wizard and ranger levels to determine your wizard CL for this spell only and yours Spells slots of your divine class but still are wizard spells not paladin spells and the battle blessing don´t work in its.
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
Would someone be so kind as to translate that last post from gibberish to English?
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Would someone be so kind as to translate that last post from gibberish to English?

"The paladin's favoured enemy option fits with their code of conduct through its focus on appropriate enemies, such as undead, and it's really no different to using a weapon ability that harms a specific type of enemy (such as the bane, lawful, or holy abilities).

Use Magic Device defines its own rules by allowing non-spellcasters to use items that normally require spellcasting, and it's more specific than the general rules.

The feat only allows you to cast actual paladin spells (not just any divine spell), so it will only work if you're using your paladin spell slots and caster level.  The feat may allow you to stack your caster levels, but it doesn't make wizard spells into paladin spells, so Battle Blessing won't work with it."

As least, that would be my reading of it (sorry in advance if I've read something wrong there, Oma).

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Fulminating Crab, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome LurkerIronglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

My most popular campaign item; for all your adventuring convenience.
Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.
Would someone be so kind as to translate that last post from gibberish to English?

"The paladin's favoured enemy option fits with their code of conduct through its focus on appropriate enemies, such as undead, and it's really no different to using a weapon ability that harms a specific type of enemy (such as the bane, lawful, or holy abilities).

Use Magic Device defines its own rules by allowing non-spellcasters to use items that normally require spellcasting, and it's more specific than the general rules.

The feat only allows you to cast actual paladin spells (not just any divine spell), so it will only work if you're using your paladin spell slots and caster level.  The feat may allow you to stack your caster levels, but it doesn't make wizard spells into paladin spells, so Battle Blessing won't work with it."

As least, that would be my reading of it (sorry in advance if I've read something wrong there, Oma).

very well thanks Smile and happy new year

the only extra is that the part of the UMD i talk about the rule of "specific over general" too
as example as general you can't use fear effect on undeads as specific you can use rebucke undead to cowering undeads as fear effect then specific overlap general
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
Would someone be so kind as to translate that last post from gibberish to English?

"The paladin's favoured enemy option fits with their code of conduct through its focus on appropriate enemies, such as undead, and it's really no different to using a weapon ability that harms a specific type of enemy (such as the bane, lawful, or holy abilities).

Use Magic Device defines its own rules by allowing non-spellcasters to use items that normally require spellcasting, and it's more specific than the general rules.

The feat only allows you to cast actual paladin spells (not just any divine spell), so it will only work if you're using your paladin spell slots and caster level.  The feat may allow you to stack your caster levels, but it doesn't make wizard spells into paladin spells, so Battle Blessing won't work with it."

As least, that would be my reading of it (sorry in advance if I've read something wrong there, Oma).

Damn, Slagger.  How did you do that?!  Although... it can't be right, because I agree with it.  
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Sign In to post comments