Contest - Gideon Takes on the Dragon - What Happens?

68 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ajani Goldmane apparently held his own against Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker and came out Ajani Vengeant.

Let's see how things work out for Gideon Jura.

Criteria = Design a second Gideon Jura planeswalker card.  And include a brief story to help explain your design and detail what happens when Gideon takes on the Dragon.

Time = At least 24 hours, at most 93 hours.

EDIT = k; i got the timeline wrong -- still; design and write
Gideon's Tomb
Planeswalker - Gideon
As every child grows up, he is told the tales of heroes. How great persons achieve great things, how good always prevails.
What happens then, when your champion never returns? Do you live in the comfort of your ignorance, keeping the flames of hope ever burning? Do you question his task and soul, knowing that evil would never prevail?
What do you tell yourself each day, and what will you tell your children?

Also, just fyi, Ajani Vengeant is earlier in the timeline than Goldmane is.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Gideon's Corpse
Planeswalker - Gideon

ROFL.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/

It's true.  The actual progression should go Ajani Vengeant -> Ajani Goldmane -> Fight with Bolas -> Ajani, Caller of the Pride.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Gideon's Corpse
Planeswalker - Gideon

This gets my vote. Screw Gideon.

It's true.  The actual progression should go Ajani Vengeant -> Ajani Goldmane -> Fight with Bolas -> Ajani, Caller of the Pride.

Eh, arguably. I would put the fight between Ajani and Bolas between the first two cards. I think the latter two cards show his character development from Hero into Leader.

Hm, the main problem this contest presents isn't so much how the battle would go but how to contrive the battle in the first place. Gideon and Bolas, after all, don't really even know about each other, as far as we know.

I'll have to ponder this over and come back. 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
I'll write the background story:

During a passionate tryst with Chandra, she accidentally incinerates him.  Fortunately, there's a tribe of sherpa who live atop the alabaster peaks of the plane of Koridia, who specialize in healing and rejuvenation magics.  She takes his charred corpse up to them, hoping to revive her lost lover.  Then, it's revealed that the elder of the sherpa tribe is in fact a shapeshifting Nicol Bolas, who devours them for their delicious sparks.  Then Jace shows up because he's blue and he wears a hoodie, thus making him 328% more relateable than any other character to the target audience, which dictates that he must appear in every single storyline.  "How could you, Bolas, they were my good friends!"  "They weren't that good, in retrospect I wish I'd put some ketchup on them or something."  Then, the new popularity polls come in, and Gideon is saved.  He hacks his way out of Bolas' gullet with his sura, and he and Chandra run like ****.  This drives Sarkhan into ever deeper insanity, and he begins a career as a serial killer of little children.  Then, Nicol Bolas reveals that this was his plan all along, begins cackling maniacally, and punches Tezzeret for no good reason.

Meanwhile, in an abandoned corner of Ravnica, Garruk meets the charming Ral Zarek.  Moppi dies of a nosebleed.
I hate dogs.
Gideon, Survivor
Planeswalker - Gideon (MR)
+1: Until your next turn, creatures cannot attack ~ and he cannot be the target of spells or abilities.
-2: Destroy target tapped creature.
-7: Destroy all creatures. They cannot be regenerated.
Starting Loyalty: 4

Flavor text (just pretend there's room for it):
Gideon was not strong enough to save anyone else from Bolas' assault. It is still uncertain whether he was strong enough to save himself.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
I'll write the background story:

During a passionate tryst with Chandra, she accidentally incinerates him.  Fortunately, there's a tribe of sherpa who live atop the alabaster peaks of the plane of Koridia, who specialize in healing and rejuvenation magics.  She takes his charred corpse up to them, hoping to revive her lost lover.  Then, it's revealed that the elder of the sherpa tribe is in fact a shapeshifting Nicol Bolas, who devours them for their delicious sparks.  Then Jace shows up because he's blue and he wears a hoodie, thus making him 328% more relateable than any other character to the target audience, which dictates that he must appear in every single storyline.  "How could you, Bolas, they were my good friends!"  "They weren't that good, in retrospect I wish I'd put some ketchup on them or something."  Then, the new popularity polls come in, and Gideon is saved.  He hacks his way out of Bolas' gullet with his sura, and he and Chandra run like ****.  This drives Sarkhan into ever deeper insanity, and he begins a career as a serial killer of little children.  Then, Nicol Bolas reveals that this was his plan all along, begins cackling maniacally, and punches Tezzeret for no good reason.

Meanwhile, in an abandoned corner of Ravnica, Garruk meets the charming Ral Zarek.  Moppi dies of a nosebleed.

This is one of the first threads where I love the commentary more than the cards.  Punches Tezzeret for no good reason sprayed my monitor with tea.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Gideon, the Enslaved

Planeswalker-Gideon 
+0: Put a loyalty counter on target Planeswalker.
-3: Search your library for a Planeswalker card, reveal that card, and put it into your hand.  Shuffle your library afterwards.
-6: Put X loyalty counters on target Planeswalker, where X is 6 plus the number of loyalty counters on Gideon, the Enslaved.

Want me to just leave it at "doesn't end well?"

Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?
Nobody's going to pretend that Gideon has a chance? I mean I don't see him killing Bolas but maybe he could just escape more or less unharmed (for the moment). Or what about a Gideon card where he's prepped for battle with the dragon?
We already lost Venser, let one of the bad guys die for a change. 
Nobody's going to pretend that Gideon has a chance? I mean I don't see him killing Bolas but maybe he could just escape more or less unharmed (for the moment). Or what about a Gideon card where he's prepped for battle with the dragon?

I mean... we would... but... it's Nicol Bolas!
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?

yeah.. i mean..

MAYBE he doesn't die; but no chance in **** Gideon wins, or even doesn't get wrecked in one way or another

still... I WANT GIDEON JURA DESIGNS!!!

i though adding the nicol bolas confrontation would make this more interesting than just "design a second gideon jura" card
Doesn't Gideon use Platinum Angel sometimes? I thought I saw it in one of those short 'animated' Wizards ads.
Dragonslayer Coalition :W::U::B::R::G:
Planeswalker - Gideon, Liliana, Tezzeret, Sarkhan
+2: ~ deals three damage to target creature, player or planeswalker. You gain three life.
+1: Target player sacrifices a creature. Put a 3/3 green beast creature token onto the battlefield.
-1: Target player discards a card. You draw a card.
-7: You gain an emblem with "Permanents you control are indestructible".
(4)

Because fighting Bolas on your own would be stupid.
I never broke any rule either. This is a planeswalker card with the Gideon subtype.

EDIT- Now with 500% more story!!!

He'd searched for so long for a way to escape the dragon, to one day bring him to justice. He'd searched and searched, but had found nothing, no soulution to his problem. Gideon was at a loss when the man came to him.
The man had long, braided hair and an arm made of metal latticework. The man offered solutions, solutions to his dragon problem. The man spoke at length of how Gideon could fight back against his pursuer. He listened as the man with the metal arm explained to him how they could kill Nicol Bolas.
"You're the last person I need to complete this puzzle. I've found a number of people in situations... similar to yours Gideon, people who have reason to take arms against Bolas. I think together we can take down the dragon, make him pay for what he's done for us"
Gideon flinched involuntarily as Chandra came to mind. Oh gods, Chandra...
"I'll take it that you'll join me in this endeavour then? Good. Now my plan's really quite simple..."
Gideon couldn't help but think there was something suspicous about the man's smile. He didn't care. This man offered a chance to get back at the dragon and he would ally with the demons of the foulest pit to bring his retribution down on Bolas. I'll avenge you Chandra, finally I can avenge you. Finally the dragon will die.
Hopng thats > 500 words.

+2: ~ deals three damage to target creature, player or planeswalker. You gain three life.
+1: Target player sacrifices a creature. Put a 3/3 green beast creature token onto the battlefield.
(4)

I never broke any rule either.

thought tezzy works for him lol

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
(4)

I never broke any rule either.

thought tezzy works for him lol

Yah, but he's not happy about it. Liliana's in the same boat. Sarkhan seems to serve more or less willingly but I think there have been hints that he's starting to reconsider the situation.

Not if it means letting Gideon live. I would pitch Ravnica, New Phyrexia and Innistrad to the Eldrazi for the mere promise that his wretched life would be over and I'd never have to deal with him ever, ever again.

Not if it means letting Gideon live. I would pitch Ravnica, New Phyrexia and Innistrad to the Eldrazi for the mere promise that his wretched life would be over and I'd never have to deal with him ever, ever again.

COME AT ME BRO!

I'm going to work on something, but i'm not in the writing mood so don't expect too much.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Wow. The hate.
Ironic given your avatar.

Wow. The hate.
Ironic given your avatar.

Please do not remind me I am very busy pretending that never happened ever.
Gideon, Stained with Cowardice -
Planeswalker - Gideon
+1: Until end of turn, whenever a source deals damage to an opponent, it deals double that damage instead. 
+1: Up to two target creatures each get +2/+0 until end of turn. They can't block this turn.
-4: Until end of turn, Gideon Jura becomes a 9/1 Human Soldier creature with trample that's still a planeswalker.

Unlike some forum goers, I'm a big fan of Gideon. I'd expect him to fail taking Bolas on one on one, but hopefully come back and git-r-done with friends. 
My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?
Gideon, Stained with Cowardice -
Planeswalker - Gideon
+1: Until end of turn, whenever a source deals damage to an opponent, it deals double that damage instead. 
+1: Up to two target creatures each get +2/+0 until end of turn. They can't block this turn.
-4: Until end of turn, Gideon Jura becomes a 9/1 Human Soldier creature with trample that's still a planeswalker.

Unlike some forum goers, I'm a big fan of Gideon. I'd expect him to fail taking Bolas on one on one, but hopefully come back and git-r-done with friends. 

Nice card.
I don't see how going :R::W: and cowardice are connected though. It comes across as more of a compromise of his morals out of desperation/rage.

Walking in the dark, followed by the Devil

Gideon is a powerful planeswalker, this much could never be truthfully denied of the man; but every man has their limits. And there is always a force out there that can overshadow and blacken out the grandeur of even the mightiest suns. Nicol Bolas would be that eclipsing force to Gideon Jura. Among all the planeswalkers, it's still in question if there are any who can truly triumph over the monster. That legendary serpent which has laid waste to a legion of the most powerful entities in all history. An answer can be found, and it lies within the unknown; the esoteric veil of secrets, the darkest truths of reality, beyond the perception of the demigods. Within these shadows lurks dangers beyond our greatest fears. And yet, we're nothing but blind to the terrifying power whose palm were firmly clutched within.

Phenomenon. It's a term used to describe when the unreal takes form. An epiphany of the cosmic. Sometimes, an awe inspiring marvel. Sometimes, a rude awakening. For two unlucky planeswalkers, it would be a darkest mix of both, and even the grandeur of the devil himself, the great dread dragon, would be eclipsed by a force from beyond the shadows.

It all began while Gideon Jura is alone training near the top of Mt. Yínhuǒ, and suddenly, the sky blackens with a sickening quickness. Thick greyish clouds bubble and clot the sky. Soon, the sun is blackened out, and the temperature has dropped below 0. Gideon senses a strong presence, and the force binds him in place. He takes a firm stance to prepare himself for whatever might come. Then a ray of darkness beams down before him, like a negative ray of starlight. It forms a permeable haze, and from out the haze steps before him the fallen deity Xolotl. A dark lord of many things; of death, fire, and misfortune. And as the god of bad luck, Xolotl sought to craft both Gideon and Bolas' nightmares into a reality.

It was then that the dark lord questions Gideon of his knowing, then explain to Gideon who and what he is. Gideon is on edge, and prepared to fight to the death, but when he seeks to make a deft attack, finds himself frozen in place, as though trapped between a dream and reality. Next, Xolotl questions Gideon about Nicol Bolas, and tempts Gideon with the chance to destroy the devil serpent so that he may never be a threat to anyone forever after. Gideon says he would do almost anything. Of what he knows, there is of no greater evil in existence. It would be an ultimate justice to obliterate the beast. Xolotl replies to him only with a solemn "very well".

And so, Xolotl commands of Gideon two prerequisite conditions he must fulfill. First, he must bring the planeswalker Chandra Nalaar, and surrender her to him. She has been judged and must be executed for her crimes. Xolotl states that her power will be stripped from her and it will be used to empower Gideon, giving him the power he'll need to destroy Nicol Bolas. And lastly, he must bring her to Urborg, which is the only zone suitable for her execution and the empowering ritual. With the cracks of thunder echoing over the mountain range, the dark lord levitates backwards into the haze and vanishes.

After some time in contemplation, Gideon decides that this is what must be done. Although once her ally, he knows that her heart is as chaotic as her actions. She lived her life a selfish criminal, and as an envoy of heiromancy, Gideon feels it would be nothing less than a blessing for a divine justice to bring about an even greater divine justice. In three days time, Gideon finds the fierce pyromancer and coax her to follow him to the site of Yawgmoth's Tomb in Urborg.

Once they arrive, it takes only a moment for the same conditions to overshadow the already blackened skies of Urborg. Just as it happened on the mountain top, the two planeswalkers are frozen by the presence of the fallen deity. Xolotl steps out once again from the dark haze, and in an instance strikes Chandra down, piercing her through her heart. She gives out deep cry of agony, and the sound of her death strikes Gideon like lightning. His heart sinks as he beholds Chandra put to death, yet his distress would last only a moment. With an overwhelming force, Xolotl collapses the entire isle of Urborg, and his dark power fuses Chandra's spark and all her emotional chaos along with the all the dread power that lingered within Urborg. From this dark ritual, Gideon inherits the power of destructive force. And by this power, Gideon is changed forever; descended into the abyss of the Sephirot, into the darkest tiers of ascendancy.

As the saying goes, you must drive out evil with evil. That's basically the essence of the story here. Gideon inherits the force of destruction so that he may match the force that Nicol Bolas commands. As it stands, power is likely the only thing Nicol Bolas truly fears. He knows that the power of destruction is the only absolute power in existence. For this reason he hid himself away so that The Mending wouldn't destroy him. That's why the fear of power is logical. It's the force he himself commands. He knows its power, and therefore it must be the only thing he reveres. That's what makes this Gideon his worst nightmare, whose now a death knight. A killer of kings. A walking apocalypse.

But I wouldn't kill off Nicol Bolas so easy. He would survive and escape, taken a crushing blow to his pride. That's traditionally the way of the serpent, to slip through and slip away. From there, it would be a quest of redemption for the ego-broken dragon. As malicious as Nicol Bolas is, he'd definitely be seeking revenge, so he'd probably power-up and go for round II against Gideon.

As a design, the first ability represents his conception in the story. As do his three colors, each one representing a different element in the fusion (Himself white, Chandra red, Urborg black). He now draws power from the beyond and death, and that's where his second ability chimes in. It works well around exile operations (like Red Sun's Zenith or Path to Exile or Leyline of the Void). The ultimate is symbolic of his destructive power. Gideon is still bound to heiromancy, but now much more strict of judgment. He will destroy even his allies at the faintest sign of ill will. The ability is opened up to all permanent types, utilizing the unique color combination. I made it universal (destroying permanents each player controls) to give him some edge, and make it really interesting.

And by the way, the ultimate ability doesn't work along the same likes as Decimate. If a player doesn't have one of the permanent types, it won't counter the entire ability. Any permanents they control of the chosen types will be destroyed and anything else will simply be passed over.

The wording of the ultimate suggests that you target permanents that have multiple controllers, that doesn't work..
No it doesn't, you're just misinterpreting the context.

...equal to the number of cards in all exile zones.

There is only one Exile zone. By the way, you don't even need to say 'zone', just "equal to the number of exiled cards" works.

[<o>]

Sorry but that doesnt look anything like gideon. And the ultimate lets you choose 40 card types, if there are like 40 cards in the exiled zone (because of Rest in Peace for example) and there just dont exist that many card types.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Ymtc Primer

►Contests
If the game threads are the meat of YMtC, contest threads would definitely be the sauce. Contests, of all shapes and sizes, are run constantly by members of YMtC. The frequent 24-Hour contests have a strong history going back to The_Ogre and Gardevior. Then there are annual contests like the illustrious YMtC Idol, and random, classic one-offs like Noddegamra's famed Path of the Planeshaper. There is never a shortage of contests to join.
Contest threads tend to occupy a large portion of the front page, and are often the most exciting part of YMtC. That said, contests are generally taken quite seriously, so be sure to read the rules outlined in the opening post, and try not to post unless you're directly involved in the contest. Generally, contests will have a sign-up period, and once that's closed, no more contestants will be admitted into the contest. Commenting on cards before the 'round' has closed is frowned upon and is generally considered bad form. You can usually feel free to make observations on cards that have already been judged in the contest, though.  

I'm not sure why I'm trying to make my card a legitimate submission, but I like it too much.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Gideon the Mindslave :2m
PW - Gideon
+1:  You draw a card and lose 1 life.
-2:  Sacrifice a creature, then gain life and draw cards equal to its power.
-XX:  Target player sacrifices X creatures.
{3}

Backstory:  Nicol Bolas is 50x as strong as Gideon Jura, there's not saiyanesque power increase that enable Gideon to decimate his evil foe, so Nicol Bolas just crushes his mind and turns him into a mindslave. 
I hate dogs.
Seems like the general consensus is that Gideon is just not up to the task, and who am I to argue what the YMTC collective have decided upon?

Gideon, He Who Lost His Spark
Legendary Creature - Human
Plainswalk
: Put a loyalty counter on ~.
"I... I swear I was a powerful Planeswalker! Why doesn't anyone listen to me? WHY IS EVERYONE LEAVING?!?"
2/4

192884403 wrote:

COME AT ME BRO!

I'm going to work on something, but i'm not in the writing mood so don't expect too much.

I don't know what's sadder. That people obsess over the Power Rangers, or that their drawings of them aren't done in crayon?
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I've removed content from this thread. Trolling/baiting is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code of Conduct here: company.wizards.com/conduct

Remember to keep your posts polite and on topic and refrain from making personal attacks. 

I'll write some stuff up later. lol

Wow, if only WOTC could design cool cards like that instead of stupid stuff like ajani vengeant.
I hate dogs.
How does that help that person make a better design?

Who said I was trying?
I hate dogs.

Wow, if only WOTC could design cool cards like that instead of stupid stuff like ajani vengeant.

You know, the really sad part is that I didn't even intend to copy Ajani Vengeant's abilities. I completely forgot what he did. I just designed that ultimate, picked two other abilities with some arbitrary numbers and it ended up that way. I'll change him up and see what I come up with.
Seems like the general consensus is that Gideon is just not up to the task, and who am I to argue what the YMTC collective have decided upon?

Plainswalk
"I... I swear I was a powerful Planeswalker! Why doesn't anyone listen to me? WHY IS EVERYONE LEAVING?!?"
2/4

Best card 2012

You know, the really sad part is that I didn't even intend to copy Ajani Vengeant's abilities. I completely forgot what he did. I just designed that ultimate, picked two other abilities with some arbitrary numbers and it ended up that way. I'll change him up and see what I come up with.

Don't worry, everyone screws up.
I hate dogs.
Okay, here's a different version. I really wanted to play on the fact that Gideon is out trying to rally other planeswalkers against the Eldrazi. I figured he would do the same against Bolas.

Plainswalk
2/4

Best card 2012

Don't worry, everyone screws up.

why'd you quote my post D:?

192884403 wrote:
Gideon, Tempered
Planeswalker - Gideon (M)
[+1] ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player and you gain 2 life, then draw a card.
[-1] Gain control of target permanent until end of turn. Untap it and it gains haste until end of turn.
[-6] You gain an emblem with "Prevent all damage that would be dealt to creatures you control." and "Creatures you control get +X/+X, where X is the number of cards in the hand of the opponent with the most cards."
[4]

On Kephlai, I was a man bound to my laws. They gave me strength, they gave me a sense of pride, but they almost forced me to kill the woman I love. I hated it. The grief drove me away from my home and nearly took sanity. I sought repentance. I would make it right, I followed her.
  On Zendikar I was too late to help her and she had already 'walked but I saw before me a people oppressed by ancient evil. I would fight for them, the odds were high but I would die trying. An honorable death I liked to think but I could even do that. I ran in the face of the inevitable, I was a coward.
  I fled to the city-plane, Great Ravinica, hoping to find some truths behind whispers of a gathering of mighty Planewalkers. I thought if I could get their cooperation, we could push back the Eldrazi and erase my guilt of abandoning their victims. I searched for the Consortium but they were most elusive and I accidentally became embroiled in the conflict of the Guilds. I found peace of mind with the Boros where I could put my grief and sorrow in the back of my mind and just fight with their righteous anger that was so familiar. But it could not last, as I always knew it would have to end. The mad dragon of the this plane, Niv Mizzet, set about a cunning plan to seize control of the whole of Ravnica and he had to be stopped. Once again though, the man I was did not suffice for the job. I blundered about with my close-minded way and realized to achieve anything here for the people who needed my help I would have to expand my mind and attempt to out-think the Izzet scheme.
  I wasn't alone though. I found the great mind-mage Jace Beleren, the rival of my fiery Queen and also to my surprise the leader of the Consotium, a great ally indeed. Our battles where fierce and fraught with peril and the Niv's plan came near to fruition and began to nearly tear the plane asunder but we and our coalition of Guilds and 'walkers achieved victory. I learned from him that for a man to be truly strong he must know himself, his very weakness so that he can turn them to strengths.
  I was Proud, I was Reckless, I was Stupid, I was Weak. Now I am Strong.

I substitute your Dragon with a more likely one.
Sign In to post comments