more akoum refuge cards?

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
do you think theyll print more refuge cards? i would love a green/black one

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

It's possible they could print more cards with "~ enters the battlefield tapped" and "When ~ enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life". But it's also possible they could print enemy-colored counterparts to the Cloudcrest Lake cycle in Kamigawa. In the case of EC Refuges, maybe if they return to Zendikar. Or they could reserve such cards for a future block much like the duals in Innistrad, which for some reason compliment the Glacial Fortress cycle in the core sets.

i really want them to return to zendikar. though i realize it will take a while if it ever happens (which is unlikely since the eldrazi probably would have finished eating it by then)

Mark Rosewater on his Tumblr said that returning to Zendikar is not unlikely.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

but... eldrazi...
dont get me wrong, this excites me greatly, but the eldrazi seem undefeatable... would the return be about the denizens of the plane trying and losing? 

Don't get me wrong, this excites me greatly, but the Eldrazi seem undefeatable... Would the return be about the denizens of the plane trying and losing?

Why not? The multiverse has survived for eons with the Eldrazi swimming in the Blind Eternities, surely it won't be that much of a problem. Or maybe the Eldrazi suck all the life and mana out of Zendikar, but remain mode-locked in their physical forms and die of hunger.

And the Eldrazi have already been defeated. The chance of them being defeated again is pretty small, but not zero. 

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

Not to mention when don't have a sense of time passing.  The Mirrians lasted long enough for Koth to find other planeswalkers to help fight Phyrexia.  Sure, they ultimately failed since Phyrexia already had control of the plane at that point, but that's beside the point.

I see no reason why the various peoples of Zendikar couldn't hold out long enough for Gideon to find some back up.  Not to mention since Bolas is still out there, I don't think he'd take well to not being the big bad of the Blind Eternities.

No enemy is every truely undefeatable.  Things don't look good of the denzins of Zendikar, but they could still pull through some how.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
but... eldrazi...

They just have good table manners. That's all.

Also, Zendikar is a popular locale.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Eldrazi have great power but don't seem to be very intelligent to me. They're just ridiculous strong beast-god-things, aren't they?
Unlike phyrexian armies they're not interested in conquering the plane as fast as possible, they just want to statisfy their ceaseless hunger. More instinct-based than conscious.
This makes them predictable and (up to a certain extent) controllable.
Yes they're literally annihilating everything in their path but it sure will take a while for them to completly devour Zendikar.
It's not that they're unintelligent, just that their intelligence is so alien that we can't possibly understand it, and they don't understand us because as far as they're concerned, we don't exist.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
It's not that they're unintelligent, just that their intelligence is so alien that we can't possibly understand it, and they don't understand us because as far as they're concerned, we don't exist.

Pretty much this.

The Eldrazi lower on the totem pole (spawn, drones) are basically insects, but the big guys have some sort of higher intelligence that is likely beyond our ability to comprehend. 
Not to mention RotE made a point of introducing multiple cards that can under the right conditions go toe-to-toe with even the biggest and baddest Eldrazi.

Student of Warfare
Transcendent Master
Coralhelm Commander
Echo Mage
Lighthouse Chronologist
Training Grounds
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
Nirkana Cutthroat
Kargan Dragonlord
Kiln Fiend
Aura Gnarlid
Tajuru Preserver
Pennon Blade

Even Zendikar and Worldwake gave the Zendikar people some weapons:

Admonition Angel
Journey to Nowhere
Lorthos, the Tidemaker
Anowon, the Ruin Sage
Butcher of Malakir
Gatekeeper of Malakir
Kalitas, Bloodchief of Ghet
Comet Storm
Baloth Woodcrasher
Primal Bellow
Rampaging Baloths
Timbermaw Larva
Novablast Wurm

Mechanically, yes. Flavorfully, I dont think any of these (or even Planeswalkers) are meant to compare.
Re: Refuge lands. Considering the fact that we have enemy-colored Gates at common, which, like the Refuges, further obsolete the Taplands (not that I'm not ok with that), we most definitely will see enemy Refuge lands, probably at uncommon (as well as Wedge tri-lands), someday.  

Mechanically, yes. Flavorfully, I dont think any of these (or even Planeswalkers) are meant to compare.

Let me put it like this: It took three "oldwalkers", who were pretty much gods for all intents and purposes, and multiple attempts to seal away the three Eldrazi. In-universe there is no-one who is capable of such a feat, even if they use all their resources.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

Until all the PWs (even Bolis) get together and form Super Friends Justice League - GO.
There is always something more bigger, badder, powerful, and smarter.
Until all the PWs (even Bolas) get together and form Super Friends Justice League - GO.

Bolas was responsible for releasing the Eldrazi. It makes no sense for him to fight them. Not to mention any other number of planeswalkers who wouldn't do it.

And Bolas, while powerful, isn't anywhere near where he was before the Mending.

I think them finishing the refuge cycle is more likely than not because they were elegant, well-liked cards.
The biggest hurdle is that they are more apt to do ally colored fixing at lower rarities than enemy fixing.

I think our best bet to getting the enemy refuges is to ask for them.
Like really hammer the point home towards wotc employees on various social media that players are interested in a theoretical cycle of enemy refuges. 
I'd rather see enemy-coloured Lantern-Lit Graveyards. Seriously, options are very sparse for lands that come into play untapped that tap for enemy mana on turn 1.
The Refuges have plane-specific names. That, if nothing else, means it's not a "cycle" that they have any great need to finish off, or one that they have great plans for repeating. They're fun, but not every land cycle needs to be done in enemy AND ally, and the Refuges seem like a cycle that will stay ally-only.
Rules Nut Advisor
but they could use names from other places, so i dont think that would stop them. but im still new to this kind of stuff