Champion of Order with a Bradaman's weapon

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
In a nutshell, do they overlap or stack?

Bradaman's property:

Power (Weapon) Encounter (Minor Action)

Until the end of the encounter, your divine challenge power targets two creatures in the burst instead of one.

Champion of Order's utility power:

Daily        Divine
Free Action      Personal

Effect: Until the end of the encounter, every use of your divine challenge targets two enemies rather than one.

My reading is that you're capped at two DCs, but I've seen various people comment on how good the interaction is between these two things and I was hoping someone could tell me why.

Let's assume that the DM and the player have already figured out how multiple DCs work in play and just focus on the number.

Two means two.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
No, they don't stack.  Each one specifies a number, two, which you can DC per use of DC.

You can, however, use them in two different encounters, which is very beneficial.

It's also worth noting that neither removes the 'must engage' clause of DC, which can be awkward with two targets.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
You can, however, use them in two different encounters, which is very beneficial.

Less beneficial than you might think, since one of them is an encounter power.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Oh, true.  Completely missed that, given that EoE encounter powers aren't common.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.